Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    That's the corporate mindset. I wish Blizzard would return to the Blizzard mindset and release it when it's ready. No matter if it's spring next year. For me it's not about the smaller bugs but about systems which haven't proven fun and therefore had to be scratched completely and work on something else instead.
    I think they will return to that after Reforged. Look how they didn't give us Diablo and Overwatch release dates on last Blizzcon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think they will return to that after Reforged.
    I kind of seriously doubt that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    That's the corporate mindset. I wish Blizzard would return to the Blizzard mindset and release it when it's ready. No matter if it's spring next year. For me it's not about the smaller bugs but about systems which haven't proven fun and therefore had to be scratched completely and work on something else instead.
    To be fair. A lot of people want 8.3 to be over and Shadowlands to come so everyone can get away from the inane amount of RNG that's been plaguing BfA.

I am become Bait, the destroyer of Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Surprisingly nobody really talks about the character customization in Shadowlands. Kinda hard to ignore that big feature but....

<.<
    dont worry heelsvsbaby face and bellular will be on the case to make videos about " are SJWs ruining wow by adding these options" And I dont even think they will stick to the human ones they will probably be like " is blizz caving to political corectness by allowing undead to be none spiny??" you know how youtubers are these daays lol

Bellular is quite progressive in his views so that's a weak attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Bellular is quite progressive in his views so that's a weak attack.
    and his videos are weak click bait

It's snowing here in France, must be a sign that alpha will drop today.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just couldn't give two shits about balance, it's more about fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    fuck balance when it gets in the way of fun
    Yawn.

People love to chat that shit "Oh I don't care about balance I just want a fun game, a TRUE RPG!" and so on. Then they realize this means the class they'd been maining is totally fucked by some balance-ignoring decision, or some OP piece of gear won't drop for them meaning they perform notably worse than others, and so on. People like you guys inevitably end up being total hypocrits. You post about how you don't care about balance, then six months later you're posting about how the gameplay is busted, or the game is unfun, and it's always because, in the end, balance wasn't being considered.

This isn't a single-player RPG where that shit might, arguably, fly.

Night of the Third day, two days remain.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

So given that players have a dead minimum of 7 different quest-leveling "worlds" prior to 50-60, why would they create another 10-50 one? The only reason I can think of is to provide an extremely high quality experience that maybe they don't feel BfA will in, say, the expansion after SL. I guess I could see them doing a 10-60 experience (with your other option being 10-50 in one of the above, then 50-60 in SL), or 10-70 (assuming the level cap goes up by 10 again post-SL), which is set in the old world, but I don't think it would likely involve a total world revamp as you envision. I suspect they'd go for a tighter and more directed experience, a bit like what they're planning for the new 1-10 zone.

I mean I don't know if you're actually saying it's likely. Apologies if you're really not! I just wanted to point out, before anyone got excited, that barring some sort of surprising change, I don't think that's terribly likely in the long run, because it would be a huge effort for relatively little gain.
    Variety is always good. And people always miss the old versions. So if Blizzard would have removed the cata version entirely, people would riot. I wouldn't but I know a lot of people would. Besides, I never said it has to be another 10-50 zone. Remember, Teldrassil only gets destroyed in BfA. So if a new Old World is created, it has to be set after BfA and Shadowlands.

So the flow would be:

1. That new starting zone.
    2. Cata, TBC, WotLK, MoP, WoD, Legion or BfA
    3. Shadowlands
    4. Re-revamped Old World

And after that, the cycle repeats.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Nice conditioning but no, actually it takes ages in retail because everything is timegated for the sweet MAU number
    MAU? as in Monthly Active Users? so you only need to log in once a month to be counted in that metric. so timegating for MAU's isn't really a thing because nothing is timegated for longer than a month

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    MAU? as in Monthly Active Users? so you only need to log in once a month to be counted in that metric. so timegating for MAU's isn't really a thing because nothing is timegated for longer than a month
    Don't even bother, for some people MAU is just some evil idol that makes devs lazy and greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't even bother, for some people MAU is just some evil idol that makes devs lazy and greedy.
    It's just hilarious that they don't get what the metric even says, which is often completely against their arguments.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's just hilarious that they don't get what the metric even says, which is often completely against their arguments.
    As far as I'm aware, that might be why they want to change the gearing system away from Titanforging. With the forging system, you either give up on trying to complete your character and leave earlier than you would have before, or you realize that mythic+ is the best way to gear. Either way, you lose the "log in every week to clear a raid" mentality which I think affects MAU.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not really?

I mean MAU isn't even recognized by the standard account metrics so it isn't really something " OMGAD the MAU " plus every company decide what is a MAU for them.

Blizzard can decide is " when people log once at least per month "

While for Squarenix could be " when players log and play at least ,5 hours per month "

So yes, Blizzard can decide that MAU for them is X and thus making the game more oriented towards that kind of metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yawn.

People love to chat that shit "Oh I don't care about balance I just want a fun game, a TRUE RPG!" and so on. Then they realize this means the class they'd been maining is totally fucked by some balance-ignoring decision, or some OP piece of gear won't drop for them meaning they perform notably worse than others, and so on. People like you guys inevitably end up being total hypocrits. You post about how you don't care about balance, then six months later you're posting about how the gameplay is busted, or the game is unfun, and it's always because, in the end, balance wasn't being considered.

This isn't a single-player RPG where that shit might, arguably, fly.
    last time i complained about balance was in wotlk.. balance since then didn't really become much better, but gameplay have been steadily getting worse.. until MoP gameplay was still good, but after MoP it went downhill real quick

i never said that i don't care about balance, but i don't want balance to get in the way of gameplay and fun and take away from it.. oh and balance can be done with numbers, too bad blizzard are shit at it

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    There has to be some level of balance, not 1:1 or super super balance just enough that things aren't absurd and stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron