Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    What this boils down to is "I could refute this, but I won't because people have already done so [citation needed].

Cataclysm was literally Hitler and everyone hated it [simply untrue]"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot, WoW Devs are a different game company than the D3 devs, and Blizzard hasn't shown an interest in keeping their media presence focused on one thing at a time in the past.
    it is more than well trodden ground on these forums, and many places. there really inst much more to gain from going through the same motion of explaining how and why cata was a complete shit show and how the design direction decisions made going into cata have resulted in what we have now. i mean there are prossibly 100 arguments ot there of how catas "lets simplify the talent system to get balance", then lead to class's feeling dull and that lead to systems like azerite, essences, artefacts. which are at the end of the day just alternate talent systems on top of talent systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well good thing I work the next 4 days. I'M hoping for a late Tuesday/Wednesday build.

I'm 50% certain we'll see datamining starting early next week, followed by some sort of Blizzard presentation to make sense of the things we'll be datamining.

Alternatively, we'll get the presentation, to precede the datamining. So they can give us another "Very Soon". It's also still possible the presentation will be a Q&A. If that's happening next week, expect the thread to open up Monday.

I'm fine either way. Honestly until I get that cloak to level 15, I'm entertained enough. But it'll be an exciting time when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm 50% certain we'll see datamining starting early next week...
    I'M hoping for a late Tuesday/Wednesday build.[/QUOTE]

I'm reading things like this for what, two to three weeks now?

I mean Blizzard must give us a some deep dive blog posts first imho, before anything starts. One about class design / unpruning, one about Covenants, one about Torghast, one about Anima etc. Not all at once but at that time they activate the respective feature to test.

- - - Updated - - -

The attempt is damaged by the maintenance notice on the left mentioning a November date, though :P
    By the way, what was this image about? Shadowlands loading screen (Alpha)?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-07 at 07:02 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm reading things like this for what, two to three weeks now?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, what was this image about? Shadowlands loading screen (Alpha)?
    Yeah. A "leaked" alpha screen shot, but dated by a notice on the side and copyright below. Considering a listed "November" date, likely made and circulated right after SL announcement last year.

Yeah. A "leaked" alpha screen shot, but dated by a notice on the side and copyright below. Considering a listed "November" date, likely made and circulated right after SL announcement last year.
    A that November date floating around in this thread on the last pages was talking about Alpha launch and not release month?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A that November date floating around in this thread was talking about Alpha launch and not release month?
    No, it's not talking about release. The date implies that the image was taken in November, as in, last year.

No, it's not talking about release. The date implies that the image was taken in November, as in, last year.
    Thank you! Catching up on this thread sometimes is quite a task.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Yeah this will kill WoW. Just like all the other things that already killed the game.
    How do you kill that which has no life?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    around 75%. dont let mmo champ echo chamber fool you.

the game is shit right now, for a long time. people can go "fuck WoW forever" for a thing like killing sylvanas.

they could afford to kill Garrosh cause the game was still trending and 12 mil subs.

right now ? LOL

dead sylavans, dead WoW
    and they Sylvanas fans aren't a cult...

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Or the much more likely fact is the playerbase for WoW is so huge you're very unlikely to get unanimous opinions.
    Yes. And I'm still willing to bet money that most of those that cried for Classic servers back then are not playing Classic now, at least not as religiously as they claimed then. This is who "you think you do, but you don't" means. Not every statement can address every player to the same extent.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone wanted to say "I didn't see that many people on Retail on saturday at 8PM" therefore somehow more people are playing classic. @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes. And I'm still willing to bet money that most of those that cried for Classic servers back then are not playing Classic now, at least not as religiously as they claimed then. This is who "you think you do, but you don't" means. Not every statement can address every player to the same extent.
    This was taken on Thursday at midnight on a classic server. I don't even see this many people on a retail server at 8pm on a saturday so yeah people are playing Classic. I'm not interested in doing a retail vs classic BS that you see all over this site but I do hate when people shit on Classic when they clearly don't even play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Someone wanted to say "I didn't see that many people on Retail on saturday at 8PM" therefore somehow more people are playing classic. @_@
    It was me, I needed to change something so deleted and re-posted it. Enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    It was me, I needed to change something so deleted and re-posted it. Enjoy

Still a bad argument cause sharding is in place and obfuscates how many people are around AND well one person saying they saw something doens't mean well clearly more people play classic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Still a bad argument cause sharding is in place and obfuscates how many people are around AND well one person saying they saw something doens't mean well clearly more people play classic.
    You keep putting words in my mouth that I didn't say, perhaps you just have trouble reading. I never said Classic has more players than Retail. I posted that to refute the claim that everyone who claimed they wanted Classic doesn't play any longer, the whole "You think you do but you don't" BS that the previous person spouted.

Quote Originally Posted by niv78 View Post
    This was taken on Thursday at midnight on a classic server. I don't even see this many people on a retail server at 8pm on a saturday so yeah people are playing Classic. I'm not interested in doing a retail vs classic BS that you see all over this site but I do hate when people shit on Classic when they clearly don't even play it.

That's really cool. Seeing a picture like that in Classic brings be back to the old days. I was only a TBC baby, but we still had moments like that.

I'm curious to what Blizzard will take/learn from Classic when developing Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    That's really cool. Seeing a picture like that in Classic brings be back to the old days. I was only a TBC baby, but we still had moments like that.

I'm curious to what Blizzard will take/learn from Classic when developing Shadowlands.
    The one thing I wish they would do is get rid of layering, I believe that has been a big factor in making the world feel empty in Retail. In fact I kind of hope that Classic was a test of how it would go without layering.
    Last edited by niv78; 2020-03-07 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I wish they would do is get rid of layering, I believe that has been a big factor in making the world feel empty in Retail.
    I don't even know why Layering is in classic. Well I do(Cause of server issues but.... I feel like it wouldn't be an issue these days). Yes Sharding is well its good to make a nice questing experience but.... well sometimes it feels very well not accurate to how many people are around you. Don't mistake me for hating Sharding blindly, I get WHY they did it, I just never noticed until like maybe around July last year.

I can't say I know the solution either other then MAYBE and thats a big if is Megaservers. It might help but the starting zones/low level zones would still suffer from not many people(Even ESO has that problem but I digress).

Warrior-Magi

The one thing I wish they would do is get rid of layering, I believe that has been a big factor in making the world feel empty in Retail. In fact I kind of hope that Classic was a test of how it would go without layering.
    I completely agree. I think they have the technology to support more people in one layer too.

It just dawned on me that the level squish to 60 is already one queue Blizzard took from Vanilla WoW. They are definitely looking to the past in some aspects. I do realize the level squish was chosen for additional reasons too (not just because it was like that in the old days.

I don't even know why Layering is in classic. Well I do(Cause of server issues but.... I feel like it wouldn't be an issue these days). Yes Sharding is well its good to make a nice questing experience but.... well sometimes it feels very well not accurate to how many people are around you. Don't mistake me for hating Sharding blindly, I get WHY they did it, I just never noticed until like maybe around July last year.

I can't say I know the solution either other then MAYBE and thats a big if is Megaservers. It might help but the starting zones/low level zones would still suffer from not many people(Even ESO has that problem but I digress).
    Layering is gone in Classic now, they dropped it when phase 2 launched. I agree it was good at the start to help the servers until the players were spread out a bit more and I would be fine with that in Retail as well at the start of an expansion but as time goes on and players spread out a bit more I would like to see them remove layering just like they did in Classic.