Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The venthyr torture souls

Think wynnona Earp when a demon crosses a border

Or supernatural when a demon has holy water injected in their brain
    Hadn't considered that, but if they have an aversion towards light then it could be a massive rooftop torture terrace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Hey, who are you to put a dampener on their S.P.A.R.K.L.E???

Joking aside, it's been a common theme in many a Vampire movie (and we do not speak of the ones where they sparkle) that some Vampires long to see a sunrise.
    Besides Twilight (Fake vampires) the only vampire movie I've seen in recent years (as in the past decade if not more) is 30 days of night, so my knowledge of vampire lore is rather limited. Íf the room is a massive sunroom, then maybe they troll their torture victims by taking them back to their dark cells just before they the sun rises every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Besides Twilight (Fake vampires) the only vampire movie I've seen in recent years (as in the past decade if not more) is 30 days of night, so my knowledge of vampire lore is rather limited. Íf the room is a massive sunroom, then maybe they troll their torture victims by taking them back to their dark cells just before they the sun rises every single day.
    IIRC, in Interview with the Vampire they used something like this as an execution method.

Hadn't considered that, but if they have an aversion towards light then it could be a massive rooftop torture terrace.

- - - Updated - - -

The light apparently scorched the land itself

3+ Year Old Account
    A can be both a room largely made out of glass to maximize sun exposure aswell as a terrace and or flat housetop, its possible that the room is a terrace at the uppermost level of the castle. Although the idea of vampires actively seeking out sunlight is funny aswell.
    Couldn't they make stone masks that allow them to tolerate sunlight and holy magic?

This is a JJBA reference btw
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-03-08 at 11:33 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Couldn't they make stone masks that allow them to tolerate sunlight and holy magic?
    When the realm itself is burnt by the light....I don’t think a mask will help

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    the only reason they keep Alpha secret for so long is because its shit and the moment it release if will further bomb the sub numbers, all hope will be lost.

if they had a good product they would put it up immediately
    so im gonna quote myself , on this post made 2 weeks ago, because the fanboys comments were off

looks even more likely as another day passes and nothing to show for

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    so im gonna quote myself , on this post made 2 weeks ago, because the fanboys comments were off

looks even more likely as another day passes and nothing to show for
    yeah nah

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Weekends are so boring

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    When the realm itself is burnt by the light....I don’t think a mask will help
    I guess there'd be lots of UV emanating from the ground then. The mask would also need a red gem to make it work too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Weekends are so boring
    Ye. Gaming, movies, snacks, candy and other boring stuff like not working.

Horrible!!! ALPHA MINED NAUW!

I suppose it isnt ourside the realm of possibility that there is some handwaved explanation that Denathrius and posssibly other highborne Venthyr can survive in the light. Or even that Denathrius is not a Venthyr at all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

At least waiting this long confirms that we're getting more than just a starting zone like in Legion Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    At least waiting this long confirms that we're getting more than just a starting zone like in Legion Alpha.
    Or so you think

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Or so you think
    They wouldn't delay the alpha for a month and a half then only open with Exile's Reach.

Pretty sure they only did Mardum with Legion Alpha is because it was several months earlier than when the rest of the alpha came out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's start hyping ourselves for tomorrow like idiots that we are.

I guess week 1 will be Bastion + (some) class changes. Imo best way would be introducing few specs every week like during Legion, so feedback would be focused on them.

They wouldn't delay the alpha for a month and a half then only open with Exile's Reach.

Pretty sure they only did Mardum with Legion Alpha is because it was several months earlier than when the rest of the alpha came out.
    Not sure why you are talking about a delay when there was nothing announced yet.
    Just because you feel there should have been an alpha already? Strange thinking.

In "Carpe Jugulum" it was explained that vampires have huge windows in their castles because of their honor code. As immortals, they need to give humans a chance to survive, so they prepare their castles with pikes, garlic and huge windows under easily removable curtains to make it easier to defeat them. Some vampires even put a guide to anatomy next to the pikes to be sure that human knows where is the heart to stab.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Not sure why you are talking about a delay when there was nothing announced yet.
    Just because you feel there should have been an alpha already? Strange thinking.
    Clearly they are behind schedule, as long as the alpha is released this month they are on track for a november release at best, september or october release if they pull a bfa on testing, if they wait until april then it's going to be squeezed into december. After the catastrophic failure of BFA's alpha cycle they need at least 7-8 months of testing, and not just drop features in last second with 0 testing.

My theory is that after the embarrassment of Warcraft III: Refunded they delayed it by a month or so to polish it up more than usual for an alpha.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-03-08 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    In "Carpe Jugulum" it was explained that vampires have huge windows in their castles because of their honor code. As immortals, they need to give humans a chance to survive, so they prepare their castles with pikes, garlic and huge windows under easily removable curtains to make it easier to defeat them. Some vampires even put a guide to anatomy next to the pikes to be sure that human knows where is the heart to stab.
    Mostly because if they don't, eventually they'll get somebody who actually knows how to deal with Vampires. Permanently. This way, every now and then you'll get a merry band of peasants with pitchforks and torches and your trusty Igor can drop some blood on you once things quieted down.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The zones are still going to have level brackets to my knowledge. They are only scaling when using timewalking questing.

So Vanilla Raids-20
    TBC raids 25
    Wrath raids 25
    Cata raids 30
    MoP raids 30 or 35
    WoD raids 35 or 40
    Legion raids 35 or 40/45
    BFA raids 50

That way at 60 you will not be able to solo BFA raids but you will be able to solo the rest easily.
    Yeah but my understanding, from the Eurogamer interview and others, is that you can't STOP "Timewalking questing", aka "Chromie Time", UNTIL you're level 50. So none of them would be soloable before 50, if that's correct.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-level-squash

And it could be wrong. It may be possible to tell to Chromie to fuck off pre-50, but it doesn't really sound like it from that article. I guess we'll find out in alpha at some point.