10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    No way this does not result in either crunches later on and/or delay.
    My thoughts exactly. Probably delays the alpha release for a while too. Given the nature of what all can go wrong and all the notes Blizz will be working through, releasing it while everyone is WFH seems like not a super great idea. They may still try, or perhaps they'll code what they can while sticking to internal testing.

Good move regardless though IMO. As much as I want to see that alpha datamine info, the health and safety of their staff as well as the community at large is far more important.

18 more pages? Alpha confirmed on weekends!

If anything, this might lead to a streamer/public alpha soon, mostly because they can't do anything else but gather data while working from home. Depending on their ability to develop at home.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If anything, this might lead to a streamer/public alpha soon, mostly because they can't do anything else but gather data while working from home. Depending on their ability to develop at home.
    Yeah honestly good call here. I think this is it.

so for those of you that had those rumblings, how'd that turn out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    so for those of you that had those rumblings, how'd that turn out again?
    I was just hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I was just hungry.
    that's good too know

I’m just ready for more models

Even with employees working from home, I do expect at least a non-encrypted datamine soon. Then again, I've expected a lot of things the last three weeks and got nothing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Why would anyone ever assume a October release? It's in December. Stop giving yourself false hope.
    Oh I'm not assuming. I'm just used to them releasing expansions earlier than later

If I could I would go back to an era of "when it's ready" personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Even with employees working from home, I do expect at least a non-encrypted datamine soon. Then again, I've expected a lot of things the last three weeks and got nothing.
    My classes got canceled for all of next week so it's pretty much just going to be a long slog until Friday when Animal Crossing comes out.

Datamining next week would be perfect!

10+ Year Old Account
    They said there is going to be a clear story in shadoands that starts in the beginning and ends with the last patch. The way they worded it made it sound simpler and more focused than bfa which imo is a good thing. It also probably means that the jailor is the final boss.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Marlamin do you think them working from home will delay the alpha or even the release of Shadowlands? You probably know more about this kind of stuff than most of us.

Tuesday... I can feel it in me rumblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Why would anyone ever assume a October release? It's in December. Stop giving yourself false hope.
    I doubt that it'll be December but mid November like WotLK and WoD sounds about right. I wouldn't mind a December release though but Blizzard has been careful with big stuff releasing that month. I'd rather see them pushing back the expansion to January 2021 (like they did with TBC) instead of having a December release (although that raises questions about their set deadline).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Again its been awhile since whenever they decided to put the footage of Shadowlands into the panels at Blizzcon(Which was november). Its still premature to assume december as a date until we know...like whats going on.
    At this point I think it's really not. We already knew it'll be a Q4 release. It might just be pushed back a bit more due to Corona.

I mean it isn't about what they've shown during Blizzcon, it's about what they had to tell about Shadowlands. And that wasn't much. They had barely any idea about class design and that is the thing that requires most work overall. Not the lackluster footage of Shadowlands was the problem in this case, the concrete plan for most parts of the game they were missing at that time was.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-14 at 06:54 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Well, it's the weekend boys and while we are disappointed we can at least breath and not have to refresh WoW sites and discords every 5 minutes until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    No.

Wait wait wait, you don't think we're meant to hate Sylvanas? Sylvanas who is basically a traitor to the Horde, who tried to murder Beloved Character (TM) Thrall and succeeded in dishonorably and pointlessly murdering Beloved Character (TM) Saurfang right as Saurfang was showing true bravery and honor, and who said "The Horde is NOTHING" before flying off in a cloud of pure evil to beat down Beloved Character (TM) Good Guy Lich King Bolvar Fordragon and then blowing a giant hole in the sky?

I think the only response to that is "man what?!"
    No I don't believe the end of slyvanas' plot here is meant to be just a character everyone hates. She's was always an immoral cruel character but bfa made her basically unlikable in my eyes. It's hard to explain because slyvanas' tale isn't told but I think (and mostly hope) slyvanas' actions weren't just super villain acts but because she has enacted so many plans with most failing that slyvanas just had no care for our world anymore and was making moves toward something bigger. When I said hate I meant character design and more that I hate the execution instead of hating slyvanas cause motivations and actions were all a mess for the sake of plottwists and mystery. Obviously there's a lot of assumptions and obviously with what we have slyvanas just seems like a power hungry super villain and it this is the plot that happens I'm just saddened a character was butchered with little payoff on this path.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    this was not the case before the retcon and the book, you know they can just do that right?

they actually already retconed her story saying she made the deal with the janitor way before back in wtlk, what would hold then to say she went all of this just to defeat him and save her thus, saving everyone in the process, maybe even dying as a martir?

i don't like either, but sadly is a possibility
    Yeah they can totally do that. Retcons are weird and messy but I think if done correctly they can lead to better stories. A lot of weird stuff can be written and if you have to hold it truth it can be hard. Obviously someone will always be affected negatively but I think it's usually worth it. I doubt slyvanas will be redeemed because of how horrible she is made to be in bfa, I more see it that she will be a character looking past us horde and alliance players and more at the bigger players of the universe, or something in particular. My thoughts come from how the void whispers to alleria to stop slyvanas and how bwonsamdi saids she's tipping the balance. Could just be hope but I'm willing to see hold out for a good payoff with slyvanas spite bfa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Well, it's the weekend boys and while we are disappointed we can at least breath and not have to refresh WoW sites and discords every 5 minutes until Monday.
    We must not give up. We still have about 17 pages to go till Alpha releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We must not give up. We still have about 17 pages to go till Alpha releases.
    The power of memes will release Alpha on a weekend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The power of memes will release Alpha on a weekend!
    Don't let your memes be dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Don't let your memes be dreams.
    Nothing is impossible!