Just came here for a quick look at the state of the thread and the Alpha. Where is it, why hasn't it manifested yet? I want answers!

oh and I'm channelling all my summoning powers of course.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully rumblings are scheduled for tomorrow?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

If there are no rumblings at first, I'll just not eat anything till they start

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    “Much hype will be lost, on both sides”
    "Or perhaps... Just one dwarf."

*draws battle axes*

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I was thinking maybe a hype train would summon the alpha but i dont even know what you'd put on it at this point
    Bwonsamdi, a bunch of legendaries, hand sanitizer, boneless undead, eyes of the beast and shadow word: death, vampires, bolvar, Kael'thas, covenant back transmogs, a sylvanas wanted poster, should probably be speeding straight towards torghast in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post

*draws battle axes*
    *Defend steps away off of the hype train*

“Gifdwarf, I set you on this path... take this”

*Hands WoD CM Bow*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I think what most amazes me in these threads has been the evolution of @Gifdwarf.

7.0 Legion Thread. Constantly banned annoyance.
    8.0 BfA Thread. A figure that was nuisance to some, entertainment to others.
    9.0 Shadowlands Thread. Contributing community member and validated Alpha Prophet. 2000 soon.

Big thumbs up from me. Can't wait to see where this goes next. At this rate of improvement, we are watching the rise of greatness.

10.0 Infinity Rising Thread. Gifdwarf rises to community leader and gets crowned Eternal Mascot of all Alpha/Beta threads.
    11.0 Crashing Powers Thread. Gifdwarf is made a moderator. Now gets invited to secret Blizz community organizer summits.
    12.0 Technogeddon Thread. Gifdwarf now hosts Q&As with Ion. Gets the entire thread Alpha invites and is crowned The MMO-Champion.

Seriously though. Keep it up. And lets keep making this community great, all. In spite of everything.
    I've always loved him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    If there are no rumblings at first, I'll just not eat anything till they start
    Good idea. Let's ALL go on a Hunger strike until alpha starts.

*Defend steps away off of the hype train*

“Gifdwarf, I set you on this path... take this”

*Hands WoD CM Bow*
    "Let it be finished..."

*Charges into Taylor Swift, invoking the fire of memes in his eyes.*

10+ Year Old Account

*draws battle axes*
    Death comes old dwarf, and all their hype... dies with you.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Death comes old dwarf, and all their hype... dies with you.
    "You cannot kill hype. You tried at Blizzcon. You failed. Hope remains. You set us to kill each other at the Alpha."

*parries her high heel weapons*

"You. Just. Keep. FAILING! THE HYPE WILL ENDURE! THE HYPE IS STRONG!"

*slashes her in the face and whips out WoD CM bow*

"You cannot kill hype. You tried at Blizzcon. You failed. Hope remains. You set us to kill each other at the Alpha."

*parries her high heel weapons*

"You. Just. Keep. FAILING! THE HYPE WILL ENDURE! THE HYPE IS STRONG!"

*slashes her in the face and whips out WoD CM bow*
    “The Hype is NOTHING!!!! ........This expansion is all NOTHING!”

“The Hype is NOTHING!!!! ........This expansion is all NOTHING!”
    *smiles diving face first into Taylor Swift*

"FOR AZEROTH!"

*smiles diving face first into Taylor Swift*

"FOR AZEROTH!"
    *Blasts Gifdwarf with Glitter Bolt*

“If you could see me as I see you now! Mindless Hype towards a meaningless Alpha, you will all see.... this games shit”

*Team Taylor Blasts off Again!

*Blasts Gifdwarf with Glitter Bolt*

“If you could see me as I see you now! Mindless Hype towards a meaningless Alpha, you will all see.... this games shit”

*Team Taylor Blasts off Again!
    *lays on the ground, dead, his husk can only be resurrected on page 2000.*

7+ Year Old Account
    *lays on the ground, dead, his husk can only be resurrected on page 2000.*
    Long pause...

Pretty long pause...

Feels like eternity long pause...

Chickat, Defend, Pennem raise Gifdwarf onto their shoulders and look ahead

-nearby (cyclical) Blizzard pessimist-

..........~tink tink~........

-off near Shadowlands encrypted build-

~tink tink!~

Shadowlands datamining begins to surface

~TINK TINK~

The crescendo(?) gets louder, more hype posters join in, even some cyclical pessimists

~TINK TINK~ , ~TINK TINK~ , ~TINK TINK~

Shadowlands alpha opens!

~TINK TINK~ , ~TINK TINK~ , ~TINK TINK~ , ~TINK TINK~!

Gifdwarf...old shitposter, seasoned memer, brought into Shadowlands Alpha as the rest of the hype follows.

Fallen, but never forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you guys.

So the new baddies (I know the arbiter has a secret) seem tied to titans.....what about the titan sargeras killed???

Also guess about the zone stories

1. Kyrian being invaded by sylvanas in order to take the power of valkyr and eliminating the cleansing power

2. The venthyr dealing with internal politics and the rise of the new leader who is essentially a power crazed Dracula and the ally we deal with is kael

3. Necrolords are dealing with the surge of power in the maw and we have to find a way to empower the soldiers or cull the enemy forces

4. Night fae are being overpowered by the drust and elune is too silent. We find out that she didn’t have the power to save the night elves so she let them die hoping to claim them but they were stolen by the maw. Tyrande becomes a puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Am I the only one a bit irritated that they removed abilities and now give them back like it's a new feature for Shadowlands?
    It's like taking away a candy and later giving it back and saying "look what I got you!!"

Just a dick move.. look I'm happy we get them back but we already had them, so no point in removing them..
    They took the abilities out because they thought people wouldn't miss them. People disagreed and complained. At BlizzCon, they basically said "our bad" through the rose and announced that many will come back. And you want to complain about that, too?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So the new baddies (I know the arbiter has a secret) seem tied to titans.....what about the titan sargeras killed???

Also guess about the zone stories

1. Kyrian being invaded by sylvanas in order to take the power of valkyr and eliminating the cleansing power

2. The venthyr dealing with internal politics and the rise of the new leader who is essentially a power crazed Dracula and the ally we deal with is kael

3. Necrolords are dealing with the surge of power in the maw and we have to find a way to empower the soldiers or cull the enemy forces

4. Night fae are being overpowered by the drust and elune is too silent. We find out that she didn’t have the power to save the night elves so she let them die hoping to claim them but they were stolen by the maw. Tyrande becomes a puppet.
    I still don't think the Arbiter of Jailer will have much to do with Titans, it just seems to be Blizzard putting too many eggs in one basket, as opposed ot simply ahving them be new things.

Elune being in the Ardenweald is something i can definitely get behind though, and your explanation is one i could live with for why Elune would let the Night elves die, and would create an interesting rift between Tyrande and Elune, and possibly between Tyrande and Malfurion, with Tyrande initially being unable to accept such tragic deaths even for a good cause.

Not sure what you mean about Tyrande becoming a puppet though, seems like a bit of an odd way for her character to go no matter what. Unless you somehow mean Sylvanas uses her grief to control her.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    They took the abilities out because they thought people wouldn't miss them. People disagreed and complained. At BlizzCon, they basically said "our bad" through the rose and announced that many will come back. And you want to complain about that, too?
    Even more than that, some of them weren't feasible with updates to the engine. They said that somewhere along the line in the MoP? overhaul, Eyes of the Beast functionality ceased. And they couldn't get it back working again. Until Classic WoW, when it was necessary, and they figured out how to function it with the 8.0 client, and everyone's like: sick, aight, put it in Live.

And they mentioned Mage Alter Time in the Nyalotha Patch announcement trailer, but they didn't say anything about unpruning that yet as of SL announcement.
    Basically, they said "hey we didn't really intend for this to be used as a DPS CD extender, and it's a little weird, and a lot of players weren't able to use it to its full potential, which left some people upset. But we realized, it's okay for the ability to be used in a complex way, and for players not to get it at first."