If the Jailer is associated with the Infinite, then he could very well be some version of Amanthul. He definitely looks like an evil Amanthul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If the Jailer is associated with the Infinite, then he could very well be some version of Amanthul. He definitely looks like an evil Amanthul.
    It would certainly be a good segway into a Dragon themed expansion for 10.0. Infinite Dragonflight having somehow gained access to the Pantheon and sent Aman'thul back in time to become the Jailer.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It would certainly be a good segway into a Dragon themed expansion for 10.0. Infinite Dragonflight having somehow gained access to the Pantheon and sent Aman'thul back in time to become the Jailer.
    Or he's another timeline's Amanthul and the Infinite/death breaking has a direct line to Gul'dan and Garrosh getting killed in the wrong universes.

This is it lads, the moment you have been shitposting for almost 2000 pages for.

Is this the week alpha finally drops?

Or do we need to wait yet another week?

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's to 2000 more pages until Alpha drops

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    ...please don't put the Alpha in your face.
    How dare you sir.

I feel like the hype really had gone down for alpha x)
    Sad times
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Sad times
    Because we've been waiting for far too long.

Sad times
    People are too busy not dying to develop it.

It would certainly be a good segway into a Dragon themed expansion for 10.0.
    Dragon driving on a Segway.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it really is. So far we have had a personification of each "element" in the WoW universe. Titans being Arcane, Naaru being Light, Void lords being Void etc. So it stands to reason that there would be something similar for Death. Personal pet theory for me is that the Arbiter is the personification of life, and she usurped her position from the Jailer when he was about to kill everything at some point.

Even beyond that, i am pretty sure there have been mentions somewhere of both the Arbiter and Jailer predating the Titans, so i guess we will just have to see. Besides, we already defeated one not quite alive titan when we defeated Argus, feels a bit cheap to do the same thing again. Especially if we go by the fairly plausible theory that Argus was aløready the Titan who controlled Death.
    It'll be interesting to see if the Jailer does predate the Titans given he is the same humanoid design as them, and has broadly the same "godlike" look. That would suggest human-like beings predate the Titans, if so. But a casual scan of articles and quotes on the Jailer doesn't turn up any saying he does come before the Titans, only that he is "ancient".

The Arbiter is vaguely humanoid, but only very vaguely, and seems more like the kind of being that might come before even the Titans. Totally unlike the Jailer, she looks nothing like a Titan.

So I suspect the Jailer is a role, rather than a single specific being for eternity (much like the Lich King), and that either a Titan or a Titan-like being currently occupies it. It's immaterial that Argus controlled death because the Jailer doesn't. He controls the Maw, which is a different thing.

I mean, he's probably a dead Titan, note, not a living one, if he a Titan. Which makes him a bit different to others.

We'll see I guess.

Two pages til alpha!!!!111

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Because we've been waiting for far too long.
    It is getting an excessive amount of time between blizz con and anything new to talk about.

It's not just about releasing alpha. But more either having some form of news dump or data mineable alpha. Something to talk about that's new.

There's no need to open alpha for testing. Just make it mineable so we can all gaek over the new assets and speculate some more for a few months.

The essential radio silence on SL is killing the hype really.

Sad times
    Have you even been paying attention to this thread?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    People are too busy not dying to develop it.
    Unless blizz exclusively employs only people over 60 and people with immune problems and is some how the only tech company in the world that dosnt have remote access to work from home.... Then it's not much of an excuse.

This WFH is less efficient than being in some stuffy shit hole office, is simply an excuse bad manager's use to perpetuate 19th century Managment practises and justify there own exhistance. These guys are well educated and well skilled professionals not the local stoner working in Aldi, there more than capable of beeing efficient and productive without needing some office or cubical to commute to everyday.

I just really hope the Maw is as crazy smoke and swirly death fog as the concept art makes it seem.

Maw will be Tanaan'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Maw will be Tanaan'd.
    Riiight.....not like there's a real world event effecting everything or something.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Riiight.....not like there's a real world event effecting everything or something.....
    Yeah, we had the Black Plague outbreak after SoO came out up to the launch of WoD.