This is the first time that there is a lot of encrypted builds in a long period ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    This is the first time that there is a lot of encrypted builds in a long period ?
    No expansion has ever done this. My assumption is the reason for the builds is for staff to play at home (before Covid it was to make sure as much testing could take place as possible). But I could easily be wrong.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    No expansion has ever done this. My assumption is the reason for the builds is for staff to play at home (before Covid it was to make sure as much testing could take place as possible). But I could easily be wrong.
    It much more likely has to do with either their worries about the volatile state of the fandom post-BFA, their obsession with keeping certain things a secret that is very recent, or a mixture of both.

I thinkit's the former. If they released an empty looking alpha, regardless of it being Alpha, they'd be shitposted into oblivion. People are out for Blizzard's blood.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Welp, I'm suspending my hype until April starts.

So, who's gonna knock me out and wake me up on April 1st?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It much more likely has to do with either their worries about the volatile state of the fandom post-BFA, their obsession with keeping certain things a secret that is very recent, or a mixture of both.

I thinkit's the former. If they released an empty looking alpha, regardless of it being Alpha, they'd be shitposted into oblivion. People are out for Blizzard's blood.
    The fandom being vocal on forums are a minority, and they've been mostly spewing the same sentiments for... well, at least all the 11 years that I've been active. If they'd be listening to the "fandom" on forums such as MMO-C or the official ones, they'd be convinced that not a single expansion has been worthy since Vanilla ended, starting with the first patch of Vanilla.

Whilst they do check social media, they place far more weight on player engagement and sales, since (unlike on these forums) most people simply won't be paying to access something they're not enjoying when it comes to entertainment. Especially in this day and age of so.many.options...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

Another encrypted build

Rank 15 cloak, 8.3's end essentially + Hearthstone and other game announcements + Encrypted build...

Surely it must be soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Rank 15 cloak, 8.3's end essentially + Hearthstone and other game announcements + Encrypted build...

Surely it must be soon?
    Halfway through April:

"S-soon! Any day now.."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Halfway through April:

"S-soon! Any day now.."
    I know this probably going to be true but it seems to me that we should have something by now. Some update or some more of a sign.

It's possible there wont be a public alpha, it'll go straight into Beta. Or they want to avoid things being datamined while still being changed or taken out of context.

This is the best day we could have hoped for except for data mineable alpha tbh. They can at least push builds from home. I'm skeptical that they will be able to develop a good expansion without being in office, but we shall see. Maybe they have their vision locked down and it won't affect much but that remains to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic, will I leave the Insane title behind at 18k posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Nothing is forever. It's rather useless, though, so that isn't helping much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This is the best day we could have hoped for except for data mineable alpha tbh. They can at least push builds from home. I'm skeptical that they will be able to develop a good expansion without being in office, but we shall see. Maybe they have their vision locked down and it won't affect much but that remains to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno, but I did notice that the # year member no longer matches our join date.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I really think he looks more like Habaron or Malfurion than a Titan. I'm so curious about the Jailer, I can't wait to find out more.

Also I really like the picture of the Arbiter, love the design.

Hype!
    So we know that chronicles said that the oldest titan and the father of time is the first

But in thousands years war we are told Argus is older than memory and Azeroth is not the last titan but the first

I think the jailer and arbiter are keepers

They are still pushing builds despite work from home restrictions. This is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So we know that chronicles said that the oldest titan and the father of time is the first

But in thousands years war we are told Argus is older than memory and Azeroth is not the last titan but the first

I think the jailer and arbiter are keepers
    We're also told time is meaningless within the twisting nether.

B net having issues because pushing alpha

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Dunno, but I did notice that the # year member no longer matches our join date.
    There's only ones for 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 years AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    We're also told time is meaningless within the twisting nether.
    In the sense that it flows differently so our time is meaningless

I think the titans are not the good guys we think they are

They are likely just putting up with us because we are like toys and once we no longer fit the role they will be enemies

guys I heard random indie game #574 on Steam is gaining in popularity

Blizzard will probably wait until hype for it has died down to release SL alpha, to not take attention away from it

Tomorrow is another big gaming reveal so I doubt tomorrow either. Next week seems wide open imo, although there are rumors of another bigger Nintendo direct for next week.