Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    What does "major" mean? I doubt we will get a new class.
    People are just grasping for straws at this point.

They might be redesigning how covenant abilities are given out, after the loud criticisms of the system back at Blizzcon and since then, just as an example.

Not sure why anyone is ruling this out...

They must have known how bad the azerite system was since alpha and thats why it only got to us at the end of beta. Wonder when did they start working on essences to fix the situation.

Probably at launch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    They might be redesigning how covenant abilities are given out, after the loud criticisms of the system back at Blizzcon and since then, just as an example.

Not sure why anyone is ruling this out...
    I am not sure what that would actually achieve. As mentioned before on this thread, if they delay the Alpha by 5 weeks to change a system that would have been changed within 5 weeks of the Alpha anyways then they simply wasted time for cheap PR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    They must have known how bad the azerite system was since alpha and thats why it only got to us at the end of beta. Wonder when did they start working on essences to fix the situation.
    Why in the world would they give us a bad Azerite system to begin with when the far more reasonable explanation is that the idea was poorly thought out and not given enough room to develop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why in the world would they give us a bad Azerite system to begin with when the far more reasonable explanation is that the idea was poorly thought out and not given enough room to develop?
    It was too late to change the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I don't buy that COVID-19 is delaying the alpha. They just went home this week. Ion said that SL news will be "really soon" back in early Feb.

I think they are doing major redesign of expansion systems and that's what is taking so long.
    I think they might consider how corruptions worked and tries to bring a new system to the game that would work during leveling which is probably why they've delayed the game

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Considering how slow they are to reacting and fixing _anything_, the backlash to ''alt friendly''ness of 8.3 and Corruption might have forced their hand in seriously re-evaluating what their ideas are.
    The adjustments to 8.3 have been some of the fastest I've seen Blizzard integrally change a patch WITHIN the same patch, I don't know. It took an entire half patch for us to get buyable legendaries in 7.3.5.

Honestly the reason we might not have SL yet is because they still have people working on improving 8.3 instead of completely abandoning it, which is what many people hoped they would do. They still want to somewhat salvage the end of BFA instead of letting content drought completely kill interest until Q4.

It's going to happen anyway. Just abandon BfA and move on, there's nothing they can do to it to make it last... what, 8-10 more months?

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I think they might consider how corruptions worked and tries to bring a new system to the game that would work during leveling which is probably why they've delayed the game
    Being able to incorporate leveling more into the game beyond something quickly you do as a nuisance that funnels you into the "real" game at 60 would be amazing, but I don't expect such design from Ion and co.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It's going to happen anyway. Just abandon BfA and move on, there's nothing they can do to it to make it last... what, 8-10 more months?
    We're not waiting 8-10 more months. Probably 4-5 maximum.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Shadowlands isn't coming out in 4-5 months.

PTR just started an update? I cant remember If i updated it yesterday. Is it a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    PTR just started an update? I cant remember If i updated it yesterday. Is it a new one?
    It got a CMD update hours ago.

I appreciate your optimism in these grim dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands isn't coming out in 4-5 months.
    My bet is post Blizzcon release.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    What if some people already have alpha but it's under NDA hmm
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE , THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    What if some people already have alpha but it's under NDA hmm
    They do and it is. The NDA is included in the contract when they take the job at Blizzard.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    My original prediction was pre-patch in September, and release either very VERY late October, or November.

But now? Nothing makes sense anymore...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Full/High WoW servers for EU, Retail: 79. Literally zero change from 1 month ago, not counting Russia, obviously. Also, every BfA Quarterly report says Hi.
    People more in tune with their feelings than facts: bUt ThEy BLeEdING SuBs hUrR!!