Seeing as it has been a fairly short amount of time that the states have been in a state of shutdown i wonder if we will keep getting random buffs and nerfs to essences and similar the longer Covid-19 is around.
    The Alpha as well is something that i could totally see Blizzard trying tp push right about now, what with the alt-friendliness changes to essences we got just now as well as the 100% experience buff, all Blizzard needs is to get Alpha up and Twitch will start that ever so lucrative free advertising to all those people currently stuck at home.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Let’s just enjoy each other’s Company, and debate which covenant is the best and why it’s NOT Venthyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Let’s just enjoy each other’s Company, and debate which covenant is the best and why it’s NOT Venthyr
    Apparently it was the best-received at the blizzcon. Just goes to show WoW is still full of edgelord-emo teens (jk, jk).

I personally like the Kyrian aesthetic (and the mail set is the best looking mail set in a long while IMO), but probably as a NE Hunter main I will go Night Fae, for lore-ish reasons. I guess I can still change my mind depending on what the sets/pets/mounts look like. What I know is I will NOT choose based on abilities or talent trees, and hope its somewhat balanced but wont worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    What? You do realise you unlock talents as you level right? Or do you just buy the boosts....

Seriously there bloody slots where you pick a choice of things to fill.... There talents.
    But that's the point. Talents are a reward from a progression system, not a progression system themself. Artifacts are about unlocking those slots first.

It's obviously the Necrolords. Skele-zombies and bone wings, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    It's obviously the Necrolords. Skele-zombies and bone wings, baby!
    Gonna have to go with this. Love the Necrolords, and their plate mog set is sick already.

That said, if the venthyr give bat wings as a back mog option (I've seen the tomb stone, but Bastion seems to be getting 3 back mogs, so), then my main will have to go for them.

While I'm leaning towards picking the Night Fae on my main, I might go for Venthyr if they have some super-sick cosmetic options available.

Nectar-feeder with two giant moths sipping on it is hard to beat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But that's the point. Talents are a reward from a progression system, not a progression system themself. Artifacts are about unlocking those slots first.
    Essences are rewards from progressions systems like rep, number if raid kills, level of visions,level of keys, e.t.c.

Thank about it, it's litteraly the same system, a bunch of selectable abilities and effects to make additions to your char to customizer it unlocked via a progression system. There is no real difference, and it was added because people hae been complaining about the over simplification of classes since the new talents were added.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyGrayRose View Post
    While I'm leaning towards picking the Night Fae on my main, I might go for Venthyr if they have some super-sick cosmetic options available.

Nectar-feeder with two giant moths sipping on it is hard to beat, though.
    Honestly Venthyr is the one I am most looking forward to

Cool plate set
    Back piece is a tombstone
    Vampire and Gothic aesthetic
    Whole blood theme works well with being a blood elf paladin

I'll wait till I can see the Sanctums each covenant has, and the mounts/backs. Will also kinda be based on what class I end up wanting to play. I don't like Kyrian's look though, so probably not them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'll wait till I can see the Sanctums each covenant has, and the mounts/backs. Will also kinda be based on what class I end up wanting to play. I don't like Kyrian's look though, so probably not them.
    they said at Blizzcon that the Necrolord Sanctum is inside the skeleton of a giant fallen Warlord and that sounds dope.

they said at Blizzcon that the Necrolord Sanctum is inside the skeleton of a giant fallen Warlord and that sounds dope.
    The concept art for the Nightfae one was nice looking too. Like giant tree hollows with waterfalls and stuff reminiscent of the buildings in Cenarian Enclave in Darnassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Kyrian style, but with my DH ... not very roleplay

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The concept art for the Nightfae one was nice looking too. Like giant tree hollows with waterfalls and stuff reminiscent of the buildings in Cenarian Enclave in Darnassus.
    is there a gallery of all the concept art online

lowkey wanna go back in this thread and screenshot everytime someone said "alpha is coming today for sure"

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Essences are rewards from progressions systems like rep, number if raid kills, level of visions,level of keys, e.t.c.

Thank about it, it's litteraly the same system, a bunch of selectable abilities and effects to make additions to your char to customizer it unlocked via a progression system. There is no real difference, and it was added because people hae been complaining about the over simplification of classes since the new talents were added.
    You're straining yourself pretty badly there. I'm not talking about individual essences, but the underlying system. You don't unlock individual talents, either.

Besides, the biggest difference isn't the technical workings, but the reason they were implemented. Artifacts exist so you have something to work toward at level cap, talents don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alpha is coming today for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    is there a gallery of all the concept art online
    https://blizzardwatch.com/gallery/bl...y/?slide_pos=8

1-7 are from the cinematic.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    for sure (c) lul

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Honestly Venthyr is the one I am most looking forward to

Cool plate set
    Back piece is a tombstone
    Vampire and Gothic aesthetic
    Whole blood theme works well with being a blood elf paladin
    Interesting, my go-to was Kyrian for BE pala because it screams paladin imo.
    But since I've changed my DK to undead, I'll prolly go necrolord with him and don't know what to use for Venthyr now.

Would love some data-mined stuff to start planning what race/class to use for what covenant.