If Towelliee expects Alpha next week then is there cause to expect a dataminable build this week? Or a video, or an article, or anything that isn't Alpha release but is SL info?

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    If Towelliee expects Alpha next week then is there cause to expect a dataminable build this week? Or a video, or an article, or anything that isn't Alpha release but is SL info?
    Probably not, unless there is a video or infodump meant to "prepare" players for what's in the alpha. Maybe some things about the story so people don't chimp out over stuff like Sylvanas's raid model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wasn't that already to be expected?
    Well, I was really thinking they would do October. So its only a month later, but October spooky time to market the spooky expansion. With an early March Alpha, a mid/late October Shadowlands would have been perfect.

Blizzcon reveal of Sylvanas raid boss ---> launch a few weeks later.

If Towelliee expects Alpha next week, it means it will be next month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    If only... This expansion would be the perfect time to add them.

Even though people will get mad and say "but..but we have Death Knights?! They ARE Necromancers!"
    Then again we have Priests and Paladins which use the same power, one is just a weapon user/melee class.
    I guess Necromancers could be like Priests, as they channel Necrotic magic just like how Priests channel the Light, whereas Death Knights are one with death, just like how Paladins are one with the Light.
    Where does the idea that paladins are one with the Light come from? Is there anything to prove that they are semi-lightforged while priests aren't? I think it is just a tale that paladin players say to put themselves above priests.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I think it was meant to be released this month but due to corona they had to postpone it due to getting aquainted or something along those words with working from home.

Honestly, in the last 4 weeks while lingering in this thread I've read the following things:

- Rumblings
    - Towellie expects Alpha next [insert day/week]
    - Soon

It's been the same procedure for the last 4 weeks in this thread, I find it amusing that anyone still gives a damn about Towellie's predictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well, I was really thinking they would do October. So its only a month later, but October spooky time to market the spooky expansion. With an early March Alpha, a mid/late October Shadowlands would have been perfect.
    Pre patch could hit in October though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Wasn’t it literally the start of this month that he was saying we should expect public alpha to start in the middle of March? How many more times does that clown want to be wrong?

Towelliee legit just predicts something to come every coming week, then gets proven wrong. Then he’ll predict the week after, delete his previous predictions, and then finally something drops and he’s like ‘oh my god guys I called it last week, none of you listened!!’

Next week guys!!! I’ve been wrong for the last 3 weeks but this time I know it. *moves goalpost and deletes my previous tweets about it coming in the coming week which is actually now the current week we’re in*

It's been the same procedure for the last 4 weeks in this thread, I find it amusing that anyone still gives a damn about Towellie's predictions
    I’ve been watching the thread for the same amount of time and I’ve noticed it too. Y’all are so thirsty for something and I know it sucks but looking to Towelliee for insider info hasn’t gotten any of you anywhere.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-03-23 at 10:35 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Wasn’t it literally the start of this month that he was saying we should expect public alpha to start in the middle of March? How many more times does that clown want to be wrong?
    Show me quote where he said when it's coming. So far all I heard from him is "it isn't coming in recent future, I expect it AT LEAST there and there".

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I think it was meant to be released this month but due to corona they had to postpone it due to getting aquainted or something along those words with working from home.
    Yeah, I imagine that had something to do with it. Just started a new job today, and everyone is trying to figure out this telework world we suddenly find ourselves in.

I have a confirmed and reputable insider source that's just told me that Alpha is arriving in the coming weeks. This was related to me with 99.9% certainty.
    So you're 0.1% uncertain it was related to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Show me quote where he said when it's coming. So far all I heard from him is "it isn't coming in recent future, I expect it AT LEAST there and there".
    Yep, he doesn't say any dates, and he said quite some time ago NOT to expect it in March.

He tends to be correct in the end, and sit on insider information before it's made public. So, I'm hopeful for April. Corona might change something there as well, but I doubt they'd send signals about it if they weren't sure at this point. There are a ton of reasons why they could be delayed again though, we live in very volatile times but to me the gaming companies should at the very least not be struggling financially... So, put them homeworkers to it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched him all day, he talked about how there ISN'T gonna be an Alpha all March. Stop saying everyday that there is something coming just because you want it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yep, he doesn't say any dates, and he said quite some time ago NOT to expect it in March.

He tends to be correct in the end, and sit on insider information before it's made public. So, I'm hopeful for April. Corona might change something there as well, but I doubt they'd send signals about it if they weren't sure at this point. There are a ton of reasons why they could be delayed again though, we live in very volatile times but to me the gaming companies should at the very least not be struggling financially... So, put them homeworkers to it!
    Yes he never says dates, just months or weeks. I’ll be right in the end too. I also have insider knowledge. It’s either this week or next week.

It’s dropping this week, bookmark my post and watch this space!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    If only... This expansion would be the perfect time to add them.

Even though people will get mad and say "but..but we have Death Knights?! They ARE Necromancers!"
    Then again we have Priests and Paladins which use the same power, one is just a weapon user/melee class.
    I guess Necromancers could be like Priests, as they channel Necrotic magic just like how Priests channel the Light, whereas Death Knights are one with death, just like how Paladins are one with the Light.
    Yeah I don't get the infatuation with trying to have there as little choices as possible.

In D&D 5e for instance, a Celestial Warlock or Divine Soul Sorcerer could be considered like a "Cleric" because their theme matches that of being Holy-esque but they will play completely different from a Cleric at the table.

I feel like there shouldn't be an issue in having multiple themes as long as they effectively are different and offer a different style of that theme.

Like why couldn't we have an Arcane-based melee fighter or a Holy-based Ranged DPS (not disc which is holy/shadow both). We have two Holy based classes in Priests and Paladins that play nothing like each other. Same for two Fel based classes in Demonhunter and Warlock that do not play anything like each other.

And I don't know why it actually matters so much that "A Necromancer would just be a demo warlock but with skeles LuL" I mean if the flavor can be different why not? What if somebody always wanted a Holy based pet class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, in the last 4 weeks while lingering in this thread I've read the following things:

- Rumblings
    - Towellie expects Alpha next [insert day/week]
    - Soon

It's been the same procedure for the last 4 weeks in this thread, I find it amusing that anyone still gives a damn about Towellie's predictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Pre patch could hit in October though.
    October 27th prepatch with November 17th Shadowlands launch? I would like it if they were to do 6 weeks of prepatch instead of the usual 3 though.

So Prepatch anywhere from October 6th-October 27th.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes he never says dates, just months or weeks. I’ll be right in the end too. I also have insider knowledge. It’s either this week or next week.

So you have any quote where Towellie said "it's coming X month/in X weeks" or not? So far it's you that is making clown of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    October 27th prepatch with November 17th Shadowlands launch? I would like it if they were to do 6 weeks of prepatch instead of the usual 3 though.

So Prepatch anywhere from October 6th-October 27th.
    That would be last possible date for SL this year. Otherwise gap between expansion launch and season 1 would be too big.

Maybe even it's still week too late, I don't expect Blizzard to launch Mythic raid week before Christmas.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-03-23 at 11:16 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we get Alpha this week, I'll scrap my 475 rank 3 twilight weapon.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Already had this discussion earlier in the thread, not doing it again. Feel however you want on the matter, some content creators/streamers get special treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So you have any quote where Towellie said "it's coming X month/in X weeks" or not? So far it's you that is making clown of himself.
    Indeed.

Giving out concrete dates would soil their chances of getting information, possibly their standing with the company. Goes for every content-creator/streamer on the "Good list".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    If we get Alpha this week, I'll scrap my 475 rank 3 twilight weapon.
    Give it to me please, I'm still stuck with my 445 weapon with rank 3 TD while having 474 ilvl