Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So something fun to discuss, What do we think we will get in the first alpha build?

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    Some of the new cosmetic character options
    i think mainly 1-2 zones, the class changes i doubt so much, its gonna be in the beggining of the alpha, maybe they gonna do blue post about how they want to change certain specs.

So something fun to discuss, What do we think we will get in the first alpha build?

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    I think Bastion and Revendreth, and some of the covenant systems.

Im hoping for Covenant sets and Mounts as far as models go, really looking forward to that so can start planning which covenant my main + alts will go to.

I don't really care about alpha/beta but blizzard should really come out and start talking about stuff from Shadowlands. Being this quiet for so long after announcement is kinda strange.

Some info pretty PLEASE!
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

I wish they had the Weekly disappointment box fix earlier than in 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post

Im hoping for Covenant sets and Mounts as far as models go, really looking forward to that so can start planning which covenant my main + alts will go to.
    Revendreth is the final zone though, if we were to get 2 zones we'd get Bastion and Archenweald.

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    Bastion, the bastion dungeon, the level squish, covenant end game isn't in yet obviously, but we probably get a soulbind or two with limited progression to work on. I think there will be a decent bit of class changes, but mostly a mess and unfinished. Probably a lot of whining that X class didnt change much even though we clearly have at least 6 months till launch.

2 weeks later, Maldraxxus, dungeon. Very beginning of Soulbinds for zone.

2 weeks later, Adrenweald zone, dungeon. beginning of Soulbinds for zone.

3 weeks later, Revendreth and 2 dungeons. Soulbind stuff. Max level 60. World quests unlocked.

2 weeks later, rest of dungeons, prof updates, Covenant end game quests perhaps, but a lot more covenant power progression unlocked.

Week or 2 later the Maw, Torghast, Most covenant content unlocked. Basic Legendaries crafting.

Few weeks later, legendary crafting, Maw updates, Torghast reward tuning etc.

And for the next couple months Class changes, rewards etc get polished up for release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post

I doubt revendreth will be open until at least a few weeks later. Its the final zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Revendreth is the final zone though, if we were to get 2 zones we'd get Bastion and Archenweald.
    I think its more likely to only get 1 zone, but progress will be fast. 1-2 weeks intervals in between major content unlocks like zones etc. First few weeks with 1 zone, 1-2 dungeons, Beginning of Covenant stuff, and leveling changes will be more than enough to keep us salivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Ardenweald, and not necessarily. They could just skip the story at first, since they need to have scaling tech in place for alts anyway.

Speaking of Ardenweald, I think all the zones look great, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Im still in awe at how good the art team is.

I honestly 100% believe that not only does WoWs artstyle knock every mmo out of the water, but the actual fidelity in a zone like above is also reaching modern mmo fidelity. Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.

funny how a hugely common complaint a few years back (cataclysm mainly) was how bad WoWs graphics were.

where's this pic from? I don't remember seeing a big ass tree in the announcement video.

In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    funny how a hugely common complaint a few years back (cataclysm mainly) was how bad WoWs graphics were.
    That's because they "remade" the 1-60 zones, without actually updating ANY of the beasts and terrain therein. The zones were visually stuck in 2004 still.

The Cata zones were higher in quality, and MoP improved even more, but not until WoD did they REALLY start to come into their own in terms of HD models and landscapes. And they are still improving. I figured they couldn't develop visuals further beyond BfA, but I'm sure they will just the same.

Also, quite a few confuse art style for graphics. WoW's art style = how it manages to age so well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Speaking of Ardenweald, I think all the zones look great, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Im still in awe at how good the art team is.

I honestly 100% believe that not only does WoWs artstyle knock every mmo out of the water, but the actual fidelity in a zone like above is also reaching modern mmo fidelity. Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.
    Can only agree. God I wish they'd apply the amazing new tools to all remaining old looking zones and models though, aka, WORLD REVAMP PLOX!
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Telling people to not anger right-wing nuts "lest they grow militant" is about as honorable as telling girls not to show skin "lest they encourage rapists"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonwho View Post
    anyone mind telling me what the difference is between this and the other builds?

basically what makes Vendor builds different from the other ones?

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

I'm thinking of going Necrolords but Ardenweald is soo beautiful I'm thinking of changing my mind. Plus Bwonsamdi's realm is there so there's that too

Ahmanét, daughter of Bwonsamdi
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3

Field Marshal
    I don't know the difference between the two builds but hopefully that's a good sign that progress is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    anyone mind telling me what the difference is between this and the other builds?

basically what makes Vendor builds different from the other ones?
    IF I remember correctly vendor builds can be for graphic card manufacturers, it can be for BlizzCon. Vendor builds usually means PTR/Alpha/Beta is close.

Bwonsamdi's realm is in Ardenweald? That's interesting if true, I figured he'd be in the Necrolord's area.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Bwonsamdi's realm is in Ardenweald? That's interesting if true, I figured he'd be in the Necrolord's area.
    Ardenweald is sorta the nature realm, We know other wilds gods and loa will be found there

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I think the entrance to it is there, but his realm is a separate 'pocket dimension'

Ahmanét, daughter of Bwonsamdi
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    I’m hoping for more but I think you nailed it