1. #41181
    Scarab Lord Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    You will nut in 7 days
    It's always better when you wait for it

  2. #41182
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Question, do we know what the mounts for each Covenant will be? (I think only Kyrian was shown?)

    If not, what are your guesses/hopes for the mounts and possible upgrades? I would say:

    Kyrian: Im assuming is the armored lion-y thing shown at blizzcon. Upgrades could be done to the armor or adding angelic wings/halos.
    Necrolord: Thinking something along the lines of a bone beast similar in shape to the demon mounts of Legion. UPgrades can be done to add spikes or bone wings.
    Night Fae: An obvious choice would be a stag similar to the travel form showed. Upgrades could be done to add armor or have more elaborate antlers, fairy wings maybe.
    Venthyr: Hoping for a gargoyle mount. Upgrades to add decorative tombstones or different types of wings.
    I like these

    I’m wondering if you get a new mount/upgrade with pathfinder

  3. #41183
    Herald of the Titans Valysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Underworld
    Posts
    2,609
    As long as we don't have several horses, I'm fine.

  4. #41184
    Scarab Lord Fawkess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bastion
    Posts
    4,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    As long as we don't have several horses, I'm fine.
    Undead horses though? would be nice

  5. #41185
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Question, do we know what the mounts for each Covenant will be? (I think only Kyrian was shown?)

    If not, what are your guesses/hopes for the mounts and possible upgrades? I would say:

    Kyrian: Im assuming is the armored lion-y thing shown at blizzcon. Upgrades could be done to the armor or adding angelic wings/halos.
    Necrolord: Thinking something along the lines of a bone beast similar in shape to the demon mounts of Legion. UPgrades can be done to add spikes or bone wings.
    Night Fae: An obvious choice would be a stag similar to the travel form showed. Upgrades could be done to add armor or have more elaborate antlers, fairy wings maybe.
    Venthyr: Hoping for a gargoyle mount. Upgrades to add decorative tombstones or different types of wings.
    I'm going to be a bit cynical, but I am assuming at that point that the Covenant mounts won't be that impressive.

    Kyrian: Armored Lion Construct and maybe Flying lion with wings.
    Necrolord: A recolor of the 2M spider mount with Necrolord armor.
    Night Fae: Fairly sure this is it.
    Venthyr: Some type of gargoyle mount built on the felbat model.

  6. #41186
    Herald of the Titans Valysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Underworld
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Undead horses though? would be nice
    If they have a new skin/skeleton, why not.

    But not this
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/55/ca...979ec1af8c.jpg

  7. #41187
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    If they have a new skin/skeleton, why not.

    But not this
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/55/ca...979ec1af8c.jpg
    A HD update to some old mounts would be nice again. Rivendare's Deathcharger but HD..

  8. #41188
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm going to be a bit cynical, but I am assuming at that point that the Covenant mounts won't be that impressive.

    Kyrian: Armored Lion Construct and maybe Flying lion with wings.
    Necrolord: A recolor of the 2M spider mount with Necrolord armor.
    Night Fae: Fairly sure this is it.
    Venthyr: Some type of gargoyle mount built on the felbat model.
    I’m ok with this


    I wonder if we are going to get covenant weapons

  9. #41189
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Happy Pride
    Posts
    14,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    As long as we don't have several horses, I'm fine.
    The idea of a faerie and vampire horse is somewhat intriguing tho.
    LoveLove
    Is

  10. #41190
    Scarab Lord Fawkess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bastion
    Posts
    4,893
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m ok with this


    I wonder if we are going to get covenant weapons
    I don't think we will get a full set of weapons for each covenant but I could see each of them having their own specific weapons types like a sword for Venthyr, mace for Night Fae, Axe for Necrolord, etc

  11. #41191
    If they did that it would pigeonhole some classes and I don't think they want to do that.

  12. #41192
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m ok with this


    I wonder if we are going to get covenant weapons
    I think I saw a weapon that matched a covenant set in the trailer. Gimme a moment.

    Edit:

    This seems to be a new shield and mace(?) to fit the Bastion plate set. The players wearing other covenant armor don't have any fitting new weapons, so I assume they just aren't/weren't made yet when that trailer was made.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-03-26 at 06:59 PM.

  13. #41193
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I don't think we will get a full set of weapons for each covenant but I could see each of them having their own specific weapons types like a sword for Venthyr, mace for Night Fae, Axe for Necrolord, etc
    I could see a different weapon set for each zone, or at least close to. If not that simply having a diverse set of models for quest rewards so each covenant have fitting weapons.

  14. #41194
    I'm curious to see if we'll really get 4 different colors for Covenant armor that are actually obtainable, or if it'll be the usual thing again, where you'll be lucky to get more than one color of the set while the rest rots in the database. :c

  15. #41195
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.
    Yes, current WoW is ahead of FFXIV (though I haven't played the latest expansion areas for FF), I was actually surprised when I played it for a couple of weeks a few months ago how retro it looked. GW2 is hard to judge because it has such an aggressive visual design approach (as does WoW, but in a very different visual direction), but in the few comparable areas, yes, BfA areas are looking more "complete" and modern than those in GW2. That said, Nazjatar, whilst looking as visually proficient or moreso than Orr, doesn't have the same intense atmosphere. But neither does anywhere else in GW2, so...

    Mechagon, oddly, is kind of a visual design triumph, I dunno if people have noticed. If it wasn't like, WoW, and thus everything is covered in numbers and bars and stuff at all times, I think people would be talking about just how well they pulled that off.

  16. #41196
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ive seen Preach report multiple times an hour. Early on hr probably averages 3 or 4 an hour. He actually cares about the game and so dont his viewers. People like Asmongold you are probably closer too. In toweliees defence, I have seen him report too. I dont watch him that often, but I definitely have seen him report multiple bugs in the small amount of time I have watched him.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree, but blizzard doesnt care about whether we are bored or not.

    I think what probably was going to happen is a Shadowlands summit in early March, with Alpha launching soon after, but because they had to cancel the the summit, they decided to wait until the build was more stable, and complete. If they cant hype people up with summit news, better of waiting till the first build is really polished for Alpha. I suspect it will be a very good first build. We shall see.
    I hope so, if the first build is realy lackluster, we will do know for a fact that its all due to the corona shit and they just left their work untill they csnt wait much longer.

    But I mean I imagine they need constant talks and walking to the other guys office to keep eachother up to date, which is barely possible rigjt now. I hope we as players dont suffer more and get people hyped with atleast some new screenshots or gameplay footage. The killing hype is not even a joke..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I don't think we will get a full set of weapons for each covenant but I could see each of them having their own specific weapons types like a sword for Venthyr, mace for Night Fae, Axe for Necrolord, etc
    I am still waiting on those nightborne or blood elf race weapons. Lets get those to while we are at it.

  17. #41197
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I am still waiting on those nightborne or blood elf race weapons. Lets get those to while we are at it.
    And those Dark Iron weapons.

    And those two Blood Elf weapons.

    And the alt. Lightforged and Nightborne heritage armor colors. And a pants/robe option for heritage armors that only have one or the other at the moment.

  18. #41198
    Scarab Lord Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And those Dark Iron weapons.

    And those two Blood Elf weapons.

    And the alt. Lightforged and Nightborne heritage armor colors. And a pants/robe option for heritage armors that only have one or the other at the moment.
    Void Elf weappons as well. They have a unique void/space style that isn't reminiscent of Old God Void style.

    I still hold out hope Void Elves go in a "star"/"space" elf direction.

  19. #41199
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And those Dark Iron weapons.

    And those two Blood Elf weapons.

    And the alt. Lightforged and Nightborne heritage armor colors. And a pants/robe option for heritage armors that only have one or the other at the moment.
    Good call, lets get those in as well!

  20. #41200
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And those Dark Iron weapons.

    And those two Blood Elf weapons.

    And the alt. Lightforged and Nightborne heritage armor colors. And a pants/robe option for heritage armors that only have one or the other at the moment.
    I'm thinking we'll get weapons (and lesser armor sets) from questing in each zone, sortof how we got Kul Tiran and Zandalari weapons and armor while questing. I also hope we can get some sets with an Oribos/Maw theme, since those are also distinct. I guess the pre order set is Oribos themed, but a Maw set with the Icecrown-like theme going on would be nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •