Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I believe this was made by @ro9ue and confirmed by himself? Unless I'm mistaking, but this is definitely fake and was made by someone on MMO-C who admitted so.
    Yeah, we all took turns continuing to deep-fry the heck out of the original faked image. I was just messing. :')

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    Yeah, we all took turns continuing to deep-fry the heck out of the original faked image. I was just messing. :')
    All good! Didn't want newcomers spreading fake news

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Preach just said theres a really high chance a new class will be coming with Shadowlands after all.
    He can't say anything about it and we have to wait for Blizzard.
    I'd die (ha) if they made a Necromancer class

Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3

Its so fucking funny, because people forget that in Legion Marksman Hunters could use dark ranger skills and talents.
    Going from a talent to a full fledge class that its not "an undead hunter+ DK" its like... dude stop.
    There are more chances that we are going to get after Shadowlands the Necromancer class with 4 specs (1 for each covenant) teaching us that its not just decay and undead, but afterlife and resurrection, repenteance and inmortality and hope with purpose.

Let's face it; if there was going to be a new class, Blizzard would sing it from the rooftops.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

they're not gonna add a new class when they never said in blizzcon theres a new class..dont be stupid

unless if they say "we're adding a new class, thats why the expansion will launch april 2021, then maybe.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    But wouldn't it be weird if they'd came with the alpha and be like: "oh yeah, we didn't wanted to tell you guys at BlizzCon where we knew everyone was watching and stuff, but here is a new class."

Seems kinda weird if they would do it.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Unless they use any pushback time for developing a new class (maybe moving it from 10.0 to 9.0), I sincerely doubt they'd keep it under wraps.

Also: MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

Quote Originally Posted by maxje98 View Post
    But wouldn't it be weird if they'd came with the alpha and be like: "oh yeah, we didn't wanted to tell you guys at BlizzCon where we knew everyone was watching and stuff, but here is a new class."

Seems kinda weird if they would do it.
    It's why they wouldn't. It's like Allied Races. They're never gonna go "oh whoops yeah you testers found out the build contains newly-available AR".

I'm surprised people are putting as much stock into it as they are. It was definitely banter by Preach.

Nothing today as expected. Kind of hoping they announce a Dev steam for Friday with alpha launching next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Nothing today as expected. Kind of hoping they announce a Dev steam for Friday with alpha launching next week.
    I hope they announce something this week as it's my Spring Break! lol

But probably next week is when I'll start having more hope we'll get stuff (if they do not surprise us this week). I mean heck I was finally even able to get some toilet paper for the home, things are looking up!

I really thought with everyone pretty much locked down in their homes they would have announced something! I get they did the incentive buff to level but something Shadowlands related to build hype should have gone along with it imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

I still have to work because I'm "essential". So the time is passing quicker for me than a lot of you. Least I'm not obsessing anymore.

I know another class is a shot in the dark, but what if they were saving it for Gamescom?

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    I know another class is a shot in the dark, but what if they were saving it for Gamescom?
    Doubt it. Gamescom for Legion only happened because WoD was bringing the game down to a loss its never seen before. Gamescom was an emergency move, they couldn't hold off on trying to garner hype.

Now Blizzard are back to resting on their laurels (from a hype sense) due to the success that was Legion (and then Classic) so they most likely don't feel as pressured to give information.

Also again, it can't be understated, but we're going through all the covid stuff right now which is much more paramount to get a handle of than getting out some hype. Though hopefully they've managed enough to get their planned stuff back on track.

If anything maybe 2-3 classes (monk, warrior, and DK IMO) getting a 4th spec.

We shalt see, yo!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do you guys think Vol'jin will become Loa of Kings in Shadowlands?
    Would be Cool and would be a highly possible plot line. But depends what's happening with the Bwonsamdi 5man and the plot behind that. I imagine they will be expanding on or wrapping up the left over issues of talanji and Bwonsamdi in SL, we might also get so see rhstakhan and a few others again like senjin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Doubt it. Gamescom for Legion only happened because WoD was bringing the game down to a loss its never seen before. Gamescom was an emergency move, they couldn't hold off on trying to garner hype.

Now Blizzard are back to resting on their laurels (from a hype sense) due to the success that was Legion (and then Classic) so they most likely don't feel as pressured to give information.

Also again, it can't be understated, but we're going through all the covid stuff right now which is much more paramount to get a handle of than getting out some hype. Though hopefully they've managed enough to get their planned stuff back on track.
    Also as much as some hate to say it, bfa is still performing better than wod. Even befor every one was shut in. That's not me saying bfa is good, just that theres more people logging raids and far more guilds around than there was at the end of wod. Which generally points to a healthier playerbase. But its like comparing cow shit to dog shit, both shit but at least one dosnt kill your plants.

If anything is being saved, it would be a couple hold over allied races intended to help encourage people to come do stuff. Like Sethrakk for both factions or something. Really can't imagine them holding back on a new class announcement. Even if the class was behind on development, those are usually the FIRST thing to get developed--which is why both the DK and DH starting areas were the earliest playable thing in their respective expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Its so fucking funny, because people forget that in Legion Marksman Hunters could use dark ranger skills and talents.
    Going from a talent to a full fledge class that its not "an undead hunter+ DK" its like... dude stop.
    There are more chances that we are going to get after Shadowlands the Necromancer class with 4 specs (1 for each covenant) teaching us that its not just decay and undead, but afterlife and resurrection, repenteance and inmortality and hope with purpose.
    There was plenty of reason to suspect a Dark Ranger class leading upto Shadowlands announcement.

Dark Ranger easily had enough flavour and aesthetics to make the basis of a class fantasy. Could also build ontop of its warcraft 3 apperance with some of Slyvannas older and newer abilities.

With the Nigt Elves being resurrected as well by Slyvannas seemed like possible widening of possible races.

Also Warlocks had demon hunter abilities at onw point so who care what hunters can or can't do, they'd strip any ability overlap out when the new class was being created.

Blizzard choose not to do it. But dont act like it was insane to ever believe it could.

To be clear they're not gonna announce a class after they announced the key features of the expansion. Especially not in response to any perceived lack of community interest, if they're gonna add new features it'll be something small and not something that will forever change the game balance.
    Last edited by WonderZebra; 2020-03-31 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    There was plenty of reason to suspect a Dark Ranger class leading upto Shadowlands announcement.

Dark Ranger easily had enough flavour and aesthetics to make the basis of a class fantasy. Could also build ontop of its warcraft 3 apperance with some of Slyvannas older and newer abilities.

With the Nigt Elves being resurrected as well by Slyvannas seemed like possible widening of possible races.

Also Warlocks had demon hunter abilities at onw point so who care what hunters can or can't do, they'd strip any ability overlap out when the new class was being created.

Blizzard choose not to do it. But dont act like it was insane to ever believe it could.

To be clear they're not gonna announce a class after they announced the key features of the expansion. Especially not in response to any perceived lack of community interest, if they're gonna add new features it'll be something small and not something that will forever change the game balance.
    I don't begrudge people for thinking that Dark Ranger or Tinker were a possible inclusion.
    I begrudge people who act like Blizzard was blue balls-ing them because "Blizzard hinted at it so hard!".
    Around the time of Shadowlands announcement, in this thread, people were making fake leaks and class concepts and then they're like "How dare Blizzard lie to us about the Tinker?!"
    Which I think is absolutely absurd.