Soon we will have "new encrypted beta builds"

Worth noting - is it possible encrypted builds are the new normal from here on out at any stage of development, including Live? So spoilers, secrets, etc. aren't easily found and everything is seen in context. Hell, even datamined abilities give heads-ups for Mythic-only phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Worth noting - is it possible encrypted builds are the new normal from here on out at any stage of development, including Live? So spoilers, secrets, etc. aren't easily found and everything is seen in context. Hell, even datamined abilities give heads-ups for Mythic-only phases.
    That would mean the end of the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    What if the big baddie is the friends we made along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by unbrained View Post
    Is this an out of season April Fools joke?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

No

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why does Blizzard do this to us? I need my quick fix of datamined stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

It would honestly be hilarious if we got the actual datamineable build for April 1st though, would be a nice surprise.

And another encrypted build ... again and again and again, this is getting boring no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Doubt it. It's not really useful once the build is publically playable, since everybody gets the key anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    And another encrypted build ... again and again and again, this is getting boring no ?
    Honestly? I think this is great. As much as I appreciate the work of the dataminers I hate them spoilering basically everything.

I really hope for encrypted builds and heavy NDAs for alpha/beta so nobody knows anything about the expansion until he/she plays it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Towelliee said if we get another encrypted build we will get alpha in late may.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly? I think this is great. As much as I appreciate the work of the dataminers I hate them spoilering basically everything.

I really hope for encrypted builds and heavy NDAs for alpha/beta so nobody knows anything about the expansion until he/she plays it.
    Translation: I have no self control and this is the only way that I don't spoil myself, so it's what should be done.

Yea man that's what we need, a beta with heavy NDA so we can't give feedback and get an expansion even less polished and fucked than BFA. Good brain u got there bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Translation: I have no self control and this is the only way that I don't spoil myself, so it's what should be done.
    This. Your lack of self-control is not our responsibility.

Maybe start by leaving the 9.0 thread if you don't want to be spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    Yea man that's what we need, a beta with heavy NDA so we can't give feedback and get an expansion even less polished and fucked than BFA. Good brain u got there bud.
    What exactly has feedback to do with NDA? Everybody who has access to beta can give genuine feedback, anyone else without access can theorycraft but don’t give any reasonable feedback.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

towellie confirm alpha is sometime in the future before shadowland launch

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Uhm... has nothing to do with self control.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    I don't see them releasing anything tomorrow. Thursday is really our only day this week, and if that doesn't happen then we're pushing in to next week and going up against Valorant.

I don't see people giving up the chance to get a beta key for Valorant. Which if I'm correct you get them by watching their stream. Most people will go to the brand new shiny thing. Also next week is their own game, Hearthstone Ashes of Outland drops. Do you think they will split their own playerbase even more. If there's nothing at the end of this week then there wont be anything next week either. Isn't Hearthstone going live the same day as Valorant????

Uhm... has nothing to do with self control.
    Yeah it does.

This is basically your level of argument.

What exactly has feedback to do with NDA? Everybody who has access to beta can give genuine feedback, anyone else without access can theorycraft but don’t give any reasonable feedback.
    You do realise streamers with large audiences can give very valuable feedback right? You don't need beta access to see if a system is garbage or not. You can see it. Also an NDA heavy beta would also mean less people getting beta, it's only natural. You are just being selfish , it's about you not being able to control yourself from spoilers.
    Luckily alpha starts next week and every streamer is gonna go ham on it. You should turn off your PC for the next 7 months

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    That would mean the end of the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doubt it. It's not really useful once the build is publically playable, since everybody gets the key anyways.
    Fair point, didn't even consider that playing the build would allow the key, just thought that the contents themselves would be played with the datamining independently keyed.

Pretty rough time to be given blue-balls in any event.