At this point I am looking out for an explanation on soulbinds, the successor to Corruption, how they are handling professions, and the craftable legendary system. I think those are the main game systems unless I'm missing one or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want corrupted gear 2.0, this is really something à la mord-moi-le-noeud ... Too frustrating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    At this point I am looking out for an explanation on soulbinds, the successor to Corruption, how they are handling professions, and the craftable legendary system. I think those are the main game systems unless I'm missing one or two.
    I hope the replacement to corrupt is nothing. I think we will have enough gearing through legendary crafting.

hopefully we have a public build today...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    I hope the replacement to corrupt is nothing. I think we will have enough gearing through legendary crafting.
    Blizzard HATES static gearing. They need you on the infinite treadmill.

So something will be in place. Either they bring back Titanforging, or they keep Corruption with different name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizzard HATES static gearing. They need you on the infinite treadmill.

So something will be in place. Either they bring back Titanforging, or they keep Corruption with different name.
    I think that is what the legendary crafting will be, all we know is we get runes in the tower. There could be other parts, like this "Super Death Sword" procs a rune socket that when socketed becomes "Legendary Death Sword" . This proc could be the new infinite grind.

I hope we get further refinements on corruption. If Blizzard managed to balance the effects you get with slow increase in resistance over the course of a raid tier then we could have a really interesting way too look at gear going forward.

For instance, if BfA had something like it from the beginning then the Uldir PvE season could have given corrupted gear with leeching or blood based effects. BfD could have given corruptions that were faction based, or death based. Eternal Palace could have given effects similar to the Benthic gear. Things like that.
    It would require tight balancing to ensure gear from previous tiers were not better than ones from new tiers, or that any one effect is better than others. But if all the corrupted effects were minor, at least until the last patch, then it could be really fun. Especially combined with the new weekly cache system that means you could have 1 of the several items be a guaranteed corrupted item, and having to choose between what could be a good corruption, or a piece that is better on its own.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    fire doesn't have a slow without taking talents into account.. it also has a cd
    The preview sounds like they're changing that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    fire doesn't have a slow without taking talents into account.. it also has a cd
    Flamestrike has baseline 20% slow.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I'm honestly excited about most of the class changes outlined yesterday. I have multiple 120s at max level of every class (altoholic), so I get to experience every spec at a very casual level.

Getting auras back as a Retri paladin for example is super cool.

I do wish Hunter would change more though.
    BM seems to get a few needed changes, not that i know that much about them.
    Survival is in a werid spot, since it is a pariah among hunter players anyways.
    MM might be saved by the inclusion of Kill Shot, since that adds a needed spice that can alter your rotation in ways that are not yet clear without seeing all the talents. Especially since currently the MM rotation is a rather bland affair.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Y'all got your mining picks ready?
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post

Always, it's just very likely they'll break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes we have !

Can't wait, yo.

Stiven sharing a mining pick with Marlamin. (circa 2020, colorized)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Always, it's just very likely they'll break.
    In this analogy, does that mean you expect file change shenanigans again?

Dawn of the Final Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    In this analogy, does that mean you expect file change shenanigans again?
    That is my major stance for the first public build for major version increases (such as a new PTR or new expansion alpha/beta). I can only be happily surprised if it turns out not much changed.

alpha invites start going out on the day the alpha starts? or before?

10+ Year Old Account
    #IfNoDucksWeRiot ?