Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I guess you're right.
    Kyrian do seem more at home at the Alliance though, but it'd be funny to have my Zandalari Pally run around in Kyrian armor in 10.0 and then kill Kyrians in a BG or whatever. Also, Alliance would probably complain if they got them, since they'd be unhappy that they got "blue humans"
    I wouldn't be. But my current position is that if they ever become playable, they'll be their own factions somehow, and not necessarily tied to alliance and horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned here yet, which is weird, because it is big, and it's from an early (side-)quest:

This implies that Shadowlands denizens can and want to visit the worlds of the living. Nothing more is need to justify them as playable.
    Kyrians are the angles at the graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by Yarou View Post
    Hello IDK if this is the correct post to write this, of if it has been written before but i've got some doubts about next expansion:

- DH & Monks still have their 5% buff dmg on adds?

- Warriors, Mages and priest still have their party buffs?

- I've seen the nerf to drums, is also any nerf to engineer combat ress or to invis potions?
    So far in the alpha, all of the classes that had buffs in BfA has buffs in Shadowlands.
    And it's just for drums, though it's still early in the alpha, so other items might get changed as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yesssss this is what I love to see. Thanks for sharing!
    The thing is tho, their purpose it being guardians and spirit healers.

"visiting many worlds" can mean just that, traversing the universe as a spirit healer.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The thing is tho, their purpose it being guardians and spirit healers.

"visiting many worlds" can mean just that, traversing the universe as a spirit healer.
    Could be, sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weird, I thought that denizens of SL are bound to it, considering that place is a consequence of their lives.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    So far in the alpha, all of the classes that had buffs in BfA has buffs in Shadowlands.
    And it's just for drums, though it's still early in the alpha, so other items might get changed as well.
    Except palaret. They've lost their 2 Greater Blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I won't lose hope. I will be here until the end of time itself, declaring my need for Wildhammers.

I did the same with Lordaeron during the Legion Hype Thread, and look what happened in BFA.

Wildhammer Dwarf Druids in 10.0 confirmed.
    I think there's still a chance for a seperate Wildhammer AR. Wildhammers are supposed to be taller and leaner than Bronzebeard Dwarves; perhaps designing their AR that way would be a good justification to add them. The same is true for Forest Trolls being bulkier than Darkspear Trolls.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Weird, I thought that denizens of SL are bound to it, considering that place is a consequence of their lives.
    Its a consequence of mortal lives but they've repeatedly said a good amount of the denizens of shadowlands started there

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I wouldn't be. But my current position is that if they ever become playable, they'll be their own factions somehow, and not necessarily tied to alliance and horde.
    That would be really interesting. A third faction? But with the current imbalance between the Horde and Alliance it would skew this even more.
    Going by looks alone, I'd say Kyrian/Nature bois(their name escapes me atm) would be Alliance, and Venthyr/Necrolords would be Horde.
    Either that, or Blizz will just go "fuck it!" and make them all Neutral like the Pandaren are. Just to avoid Alliance/Horde schreeching at each other because the other one got the one they wanted.

That is, offcourse. Assuming they would all become Allied Races.
    Yohohoho

10+ Year Old Account
    Much as I want Kyrians playable for Alliance...I think it would feel kinda weird for Shadowlands denizens to join us since..well we weren't supposed to know about them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    This is a fly over video from ravendreth, zone looks like suramar but gothic themed, so good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Asmongold/c...m_to_watch_on/
    Dude was so close to showing the giant castle nathria gargoyle and just like... didnt. Classic alpha zone video, avoid showing what people want to see at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned here yet, which is weird, because it is big, and it's from an early (side-)quest:

This implies that Shadowlands denizens can and want to visit the worlds of the living. Nothing more is need to justify them as playable.

Also:

and voidwalkers with a blue tint are nearby.
    The Void seems to be assaulting the Shadowlands.
    And... I was right.

Thanks for those screenshots.

It confirms what I've been saying.

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Much as I want Kyrians playable for Alliance...I think it would feel kinda weird for Shadowlands denizens to join us since..well we weren't supposed to know about them.
    We weren't supposed to know LF Draenei, until we got to know them in the expansion.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-12 at 02:06 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Uhmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I've yet to quest further, but it is implied that failing your rites in Bastion gets you sent back to Oribos, presumably to receive another assigned realm (instead of the "brainwashing" that some claim the Kyrians do)

The Forsworn are those that deny this, give in to their doubts and flee. One was literally possessed by what I assume was their memory of accepting the Fel as an Eredar.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-04-12 at 02:26 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It'll be weird as fuck to get Shadowlands Races coming back to Azeroth caring over the petty as fuck squabbles of Horde and Alliance.

.....BUT if Blizzard is gonna do it fuck it! I hope Kyrian and Night Fae are Alliance!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Snip.
    That sounds less meaningful.

Covenants are starting to look like sub-classes with some of the datamining about the soulbinds and conduits.

If people understand that picking your class is a limiting choice that comes with massive benefits/consequences.

Then picking a sub-class (Covenant) should also come with that same understanding. It makes it meaningful, just like picking your class is meaningful and you have to live with those choices on that character OR roll up a completely new character.

Basically Blizzard fucked up in advertising Covenants and they pretty much made it out to sound like a hugely cosmetic feature. But it is in fact a huge gameplay feature unto itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I think there's still a chance for a seperate Wildhammer AR. Wildhammers are supposed to be taller and leaner than Bronzebeard Dwarves; perhaps designing their AR that way would be a good justification to add them. The same is true for Forest Trolls being bulkier than Darkspear Trolls.
    On Forest Trolls, isn't this specifically for the Amani? because ingame I have only ever seen them with the bulky model(which is horribly outdated and needs an update yesterday) Revantusk, for example, are the same as any other tribe but green.

The way I would do it, is add the Amani as an AR somehow(would be hard to justify lorewise since they despise the Horde) and then use the Orc model as a base to work on. Mix in some Troll animations with some new ones, and maybe even some Orc ones and they will look unique enough. There's actually a Forest Troll in the Throne of Thunder raid that uses the Orc Male model as a base.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I guess you're right.
    Kyrian do seem more at home at the Alliance though, but it'd be funny to have my Zandalari Pally run around in Kyrian armor in 10.0 and then kill Kyrians in a BG or whatever. Also, Alliance would probably complain if they got them, since they'd be unhappy that they got "blue humans"
    It's not any weirder than Alliance being able to get Zandalari armor or Horde being able to get Kul Tiras armor.

But races of the Shadowlands coming back to Azeroth and joining us seems....weird. It's like "hey, all these dead spirits are gonna come party with the living" unless there's some kind of like dimensional merger at the end of SL...which would be REALLY weird but I guess it could explain how we get back.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2020-04-12 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    It's not any weirder than Alliance being able to get Zandalari armor or Horde being able to get Kul Tiras armor.

But races of the Shadowlands coming back to Azeroth and joining us seems....weird. It's like "hey, all these dead spirits are gonna come party with the living" unless there's some kind of like dimensional merger at the end of SL...which would be REALLY weird but I guess it could explain how we get back.
    It sorta is how we go back or could(In theory anyways). As of SL the veil between life and Death(Shadowlands) is broken so there's a bit of a bridge between the two, except in this case, beings that are alive can get taken away.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi