Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Uhmmm....

I've yet to quest further, but it is implied that failing your rites in Bastion gets you sent back to Oribos, presumably to receive another assigned realm (instead of the "brainwashing" that some claim the Kyrians do)

The Forsworn are those that deny this, give in to their doubts and flee. One was literally possessed by what I assume was their memory of accepting the Fel as an Eredar.
    Thinking about it, i guess Uther becoming a forsworn makes sense. Especially if we assume Arthas will come back, Uther is doubting his worthiness as a Kyrian because of what happened to Arthas, and whether his actions were the cause of it. Seeing Sylvanas shatter the veil will likely be what breaks him, knowing that not only is his kingdom gone, but because of Sylvanas will likely never rise again.
    My guess is that he is redeeemed at some point though. There has yet to be any confirmation on what exactly happens to the Forsworn, except the vauge hints of them succumbing to doubt, which should be reversible.

Difficult to say what could happen though, much of it depends on what they do with Arthas.
    If Arthas is shown as iredeemable then Uther might be stuck as a Forsworn, but if Arthas gets a redemption arc then Uther will regain his faith when he realizes that Arthas could be saved despite his doubts.

On to different models though, i do wonder where Tirion is. I cannot imagine he would end up anywhere other than Bastion to become a Kyrian. I know that the reason we don't see him is likely to prevent oversaturation of Alliance paladins there, but that isnt an in-game explanation for where he is.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It sorta is how we go back or could(In theory anyways). As of SL the veil between life and Death(Shadowlands) is broken so there's a bit of a bridge between the two, except in this case, beings that are alive can get taken away.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but I thought during Blizzcon they said that going into the Shadowlands was going to be a one way trip? Like the veil was weakened, not broken, so going in was going to be a lot harder than coming out?

Again, I could be wrong. But honestly if the veil is just entirely shattered and it's easy access to and from(as in we don't ever actually close the gap), then that would definitely make sense for Shadowlands races to come back to the world of the living.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    It's not any weirder than Alliance being able to get Zandalari armor or Horde being able to get Kul Tiras armor.

But races of the Shadowlands coming back to Azeroth and joining us seems....weird. It's like "hey, all these dead spirits are gonna come party with the living" unless there's some kind of like dimensional merger at the end of SL...which would be REALLY weird but I guess it could explain how we get back.
    Well, they're not really spirits, are they? They have essentially been reborn into different races. They were spirits, and then they became Kyrian, Necrolord, etc.
    Warcaft is actually pretty specific on what spirits seem to be, and these guys are not.
    Don't get me wrong, I get what you are saying. They are denizens of the afterlife realm, and as such it would be strange for them to be in the land of the living. But they aren't dead or undead. They're just...alive. But then in a different realm from ours.
    Yohohoho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Well, they're not really spirits, are they? They have essentially been reborn into different races. They were spirits, and then they became Kyrian, Necrolord, etc.
    Warcaft is actually pretty specific on what spirits seem to be, and these guys are not.
    Don't get me wrong, I get what you are saying. They are denizens of the afterlife realm, and as such it would be strange for them to be in the land of the living. But they aren't dead or undead. They're just...alive. But then in a different realm from ours.
    They are dead. One of the first interactions you have is an NPC you have to talk to that tells you, you are in fact dead. And gives you time to come to terms with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is a lot of vertical design in Shadowlands. Will be a pain for the first year before flight.
    I wonder what the pathing restrictions for Door of Shadows are going to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Fully possible.

the problem with Mechagnomes isnt that people don't like them because they are ugly though, The problem with them are that they are such a waste of an Allied Race slot compared to Vulpera. As an Allied Race they add nothing but the customization options for Gnomes, and not even ones that are particularily good. Had you been able to choose between all the different combinations of robotic limbs then it would have been something, but it couldnt even be that.

So in short Mechagnomes are a waste of space, adding nothing new to Gnomes considering they are literally just Gnomier gnomes, and nothing special in customization, considering the robotic limbs are an all or nothing deal.
    exactly, they are a waste of space, they are not even that different, what we rly needed was high elves or dwarves with tattoos

on serious note, they are on the same lv as any other allied race, or even better, way better than normal gnomes, people were just salty because they didn't waste the space with something else

I'm pretty sure they're technically still dead just like...reforged spirits? Like they mixed anima with whatever region they ended up in and the spirit and created a thing.

I mean...there's not a lot of like...lore about them I guess right now. So they could be alive, they could be dead, they could be neither. It just feels...weird. I guess it's not any weirder than Draenei, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen this mentioned here yet, which is weird, because it is big, and it's from an early (side-)quest:

This implies that Shadowlands denizens can and want to visit the worlds of the living. Nothing more is need to justify them as playable.

Also:

and voidwalkers with a blue tint are nearby.
    The Void seems to be assaulting the Shadowlands.
    Wait I just noticed...is that a Gilgoblin player???

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    exactly, they are a waste of space, they are not even that different, what we rly needed was high elves or dwarves with tattoos
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/g1ugqND.jpg[IMG]

on serious note, they are on the same lv as any other allied race, or even better, way better than normal gnomes, people were just salty because they didn't waste the space with something else
    Yeah but the difference is those are being added as customization options. Mechagnomes could have been customization options unlocked for gnomes. Alliance could have had snekppl but instead we get diaper robots.

Don't get me wrong, high elves and wildhammer would have been a waste of an AR too...but honestly, all AR could have just been customization options basically(except Kul Tirans and Zandalari)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    They are dead. One of the first interactions you have is an NPC you have to talk to that tells you, you are in fact dead. And gives you time to come to terms with it.
    That's more because all new arrivals are presumed to be the dead of the mortal realm. The current situation is wholly unprecedented. It takes the Kyrians a while to figure out you're not dead because they're having a hard time even comprehending the possibility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's more because all new arrivals are presumed to be the dead of the mortal realm. The current situation is wholly unprecedented. It takes the Kyrians a while to figure out you're not dead because they're having a hard time even comprehending the possibility.
    So then normally the beings that arrive are dead. It changes the player's situation but it doesn't change the normal status of those already residing there before what Sylvanas did.

Either way Kyrians are dead beings which is what was being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Wait I just noticed...is that a Gilgoblin player???
    There's that toy that transforms you into a Gilgoblin/Ankkoan for 10 minutes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Yeah but the difference is those are being added as customization options. Mechagnomes could have been customization options unlocked for gnomes. Alliance could have had snekppl but instead we get diaper robots.

Don't get me wrong, high elves and wildhammer would have been a waste of an AR too...but honestly, all AR could have just been customization options basically(except Kul Tirans and Zandalari)
    all allied aces could be added as customization options friend, this is a dead argument

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen this mentioned here yet, which is weird, because it is big, and it's from an early (side-)quest:

This implies that Shadowlands denizens can and want to visit the worlds of the living. Nothing more is need to justify them as playable.

Also:

what a nice find, i will even save where on my browser, when everyone talk that there is no way the shadowland races go to our world

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    all allied aces could be added as customization options friend, this is a dead argument
    Zandalari Trolls, Nightborne, Vulpera and Kul Tirans could be?

Allied Races are a dead system that only looked good when we didn't know about the increased customization.

Diaper Gnomes and Draeneir Draenei are on the same level as Wildhammers, but they get a brand new race for race change money lol

Also:

Like i said yesterday, the void could be a big threat to the shadowlands, so they could come to our world to deal with that. Perfect reasonable excuse

Also:

The Void...doing shit in the Shadowlands...

Ohhh...OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Could I be right? I might be right! SHADOWLANDS COULD LEAD TO THE VOID LORDS! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The Void...doing shit in the Shadowlands...

Ohhh...OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Could I be right? I might be right! SHADOWLANDS COULD LEAD TO THE VOID LORDS! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!!
    Calm thy tits...its vague and we aren't jumping to void lords right away.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    Like i said yesterday, the void could be a big threat to the shadowlands, so they could come to our world to deal with that. Perfect reasonable excuse
    Yo, imagine if, by the end of the Shadowlands, a rift between reality and the Void is created, and the Void Lords now have a clear way to get in. Dude...

My theory would be complete! AAAHHHH!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So, wait, the Void is capable of destroying the entirety of the Shadowlands? Damn, the Void Lords must be tough fuckers then. I'M EXCITED!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    So, wait, the Void is capable of destroying the entirety of the Shadowlands? Damn, the Void Lords must be tough fuckers then. I'M EXCITED!
    It's the void, of course it can.
    Hell, it's primary goal is devouring all of reality.

Formerly known as Arafal

On Forest Trolls, isn't this specifically for the Amani? because ingame I have only ever seen them with the bulky model(which is horribly outdated and needs an update yesterday) Revantusk, for example, are the same as any other tribe but green.

The way I would do it, is add the Amani as an AR somehow(would be hard to justify lorewise since they despise the Horde) and then use the Orc model as a base to work on. Mix in some Troll animations with some new ones, and maybe even some Orc ones and they will look unique enough. There's actually a Forest Troll in the Throne of Thunder raid that uses the Orc Male model as a base.
    I see this topic brought up too often, so I'm here to educate. Not attacking anyone, just making sure people are aware.

No justification is needed. Amani is/was the Forest Trolls' Empire. They despise the Horde.

Digging deeper, you'll learn that the Revantusk (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Revantusk_tribe) is a tribe of Forest Trolls aligned with the Horde. They've appeared on and off throughout the expansions. The Revantusk and the Wildhammer of the Hinterlands have been fighting each other for years.

I was once on board for a Forest Troll AR, I still would be if this new customization wasn't real. But really, the devs could give Trolls a bulky body type option (toggled like Orc posture maybe) and some green skin tones.