Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's quiet. Too quiet.
    As I said earlier, a twist is coming.

I think WoW should take a hint from the new Pokemon games and implement gigamaxing and dynamaxing into their games for raids and dungeons.

Especially if they want to bridge together content and connect players across all level groups.

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    As I said earlier, a twist is coming.
    Oh, like.. the twist is that... there is no twist!

Can someone make a "team Wrath of the Bolvar" signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think agree with then, people get the fatigue quickly, i couldn't take Legion as expansion anymore because the overwhelming green shitshow,i doubt they could make the legion homeworld something different than a Greenshitshow.

they even trie putting some corrupted animals, and pulling mcaree from their ass, but its not much

but it make sense to be like that, the planent torn apart,it make sense to have visual diferences and not just green and red.

argus is the homeworld of the Legion macaree(?) should not even be like that, every zone should be like korkrun and the wildlife would be s much scrap as we saw.
    Pretty sure you can do something with a place like that though

Plus, Argus is the home of Legion's army and power, it should have billions of portals to other worlds under Legion influence or under Legion attack. Like the 7.3 invasions. So there were plenty of ways to make Argus an expac without an overwhelming green layer.

Ny'alotha is no different with the different Old Gods having had their influence there, and infinite possibilities with the Visions stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Pretty sure you can do something with a place like that though

[IMG]

Plus, Argus is the home of Legion's army and power, it should have billions of portals to other worlds under Legion influence or under Legion attack. Like the 7.3 invasions. So there were plenty of ways to make Argus an expac without an overwhelming green layer.
    Mac'aree only felt different because it was literally detached from the rest of Argus. You kind of prove the point by considering having you teleport ot different planets for variety.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Mac'aree only felt different because it was literally detached from the rest of Argus. You kind of prove the point by considering having you teleport ot different planets for variety.
    And Mac'aree IIRC was intentionally preserved by the remaining Eredar to at least keep something of its former glory (no green/fel shit all over)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Zone 1: Y'shaarj-themed Black Forest with Sha-like spirits haunting it.
    Zone 2: N'Zoth-themed murky sea with Kraken and other monstrosities dwelling beneath the waves.
    Zone 3: C'Thun-themed underground burrows infested with the Aqir.
    Zone 4: Yogg-Saron themed necropolis with void-raised undead stalking its halls.
    Zone 5: Ny'alotha proper.

There I came up with a varied continent in under 2 minutes. I'm sure a full team of experienced devs could come up with something even better and more varied.
    The point i am trying to make here isnt that it is difficult to make it varied. The thing i am trying to say is that it wouldnt feel very varied at all.
    Sure, each zone would be somewhat visually distinct, but it would be difficult to disentangle the zones from being slight variations on a single theme.

A Nightborne observatory, with loads of astral imagery and rooms with different skyboxes.
    An extension ot the Nightborne Zoo, with larger terrariums and more beasts
    An undergorund, dark and dingy area of Suramar where all the poor people live
    A circus, with all the colors you would expect
    A Nightborne nobles quarter, including giant palaces and gardens
    A Nightborne museum filled with ruins of both the original Night elves, dark trolls and even titan architecture.

And with that i made a "continent" just from Suramar, it has all the variety you could ever ask for, possibly even too much with the area dedicated to different terrariums. But all that variety does little to hide the fact that you would spend the entire expansion in the same city. What would the story here even be about? How many quests dealing with rebel uprisings and fighting against tyranny could you possibly expect from a single expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Can someone make a "team Wrath of the Bolvar" signature?
    Yes Pls I need to proper show mine dedication to the Bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Okay, holy shit. Something big just happened. I think this confirms which one was the real leak (don't pay attention to the video uploader).

Freaking nice

The point i am trying to make here isnt that it is difficult to make it varied. The thing i am trying to say is that it wouldnt feel very varied at all.
    Sure, each zone would be somewhat visually distinct, but it would be difficult to disentangle the zones from being slight variations on a single theme.

A Nightborne observatory, with loads of astral imagery and rooms with different skyboxes.
    An extension ot the Nightborne Zoo, with larger terrariums and more beasts
    An undergorund, dark and dingy area of Suramar where all the poor people live
    A circus, with all the colors you would expect
    A Nightborne nobles quarter, including giant palaces and gardens
    A Nightborne museum filled with ruins of both the original Night elves, dark trolls and even titan architecture.

And with that i made a "continent" just from Suramar, it has all the variety you could ever ask for, possibly even too much with the area dedicated to different terrariums. But all that variety does little to hide the fact that you would spend the entire expansion in the same city. What would the story here even be about? How many quests dealing with rebel uprisings and fighting against tyranny could you possibly expect from a single expansion?
    Eh, your example doesn't feel varied, where as the previous example would. Th Old Gods and their Azerothian locations, followers, etc are all quite aesthetically different. Nightborne is Nightborne. But each Old God is kind of their own race, when it comes to their cult following, colors, theme, architecture.

Trying to think how they could avoid future level squishes. I wonder if they could just create an interface with “Expansion Levels” similar to how Profession skill points are separated by expansion. Then after the expansion is two expansions old, they could provide a “solo mode” button, enabled by default, (maybe you have to earn it similar to pathfinder) you can toggle between.

That way you can go back and do the content in a challenging way or solo it if you want. If you wear gear from past expansions it would scale to the expansion level you earned based on the zone you’re in. I’m sure there’s a lot of gaps I’m not thinking of. But if they’re going to do a stat squish every other expansion, at least this might accomplish the same goal?

Considering that Nyalotha is completely devoid of Qiraji, Nerubians or Mantid, Blizz seemingly wants to use them elsewhere.

All the posts of "Nyalotha could've been an expansion" kind of fall flat when Blizz made sure only Nzoth forces are there.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-10-22 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Eh, your example doesn't feel varied, where as the previous example would. Th Old Gods and their Azerothian locations, followers, etc are all quite aesthetically different. Nightborne is Nightborne. But each Old God is kind of their own race, when it comes to their cult following, colors, theme, architecture.
    Then just have slightly different Nightborne architecture. Maybe the zoological area has more shades of brown and green, the astromancer area has less defined buildings, more ethereal.

Again, the point is that it isnt difficult to make 5-6 zones that look visually distinct. The point is that each zone would be dealing with the same kind of problem
    Take a Ny'alotha expansion. How many slave races of N'zoth do you meet, or how many dungeons about old gods are too many?
    Each zone he described would look visually distinct, and even ahve various different enemies. Nerubians for Yogg-saron, Mantid for Y'sharrj. But each zone would basically be the same story.
    Find out how to defeat the old gods here, fight some of their minions then do a dungeon or two where you fight against some kind of Old God minion.

It would have been good fro a patch zone though, where you could take the various elements and make a varied patch zone that could look amazing. But i guarantee you that if you had an expansion around it you would get tired of it really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There won't be a Dragon Class.
    Oh man, I remember when there “Wouldn’t ever be Demon Hunters” either! Teriz called it you guys, dragon class incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Considering that Nyalotha is completely devoid of Qiraji, Nerubians or Mantid, Blizz seemingly wants to use them elsewhere.
    Presumably because it is full of Aqir instead. Feels a bit superflous, don't you think?
    Besides, we got Mantid in the revamped Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

I haven't really kept up with the tons of leaks so far. Which ones seem the most probable at this point? Any links to the ones that seem legit?

Presumably because it is full of Aqir instead. Feels a bit superflous, don't you think?
    Besides, we got Mantid in the revamped Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    Yeah, but them only doing Aqir in Nyalotha is kind of a new decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Oh man, I remember when there “Wouldn’t ever be Demon Hunters” either! Teriz called it you guys, dragon class incoming!
    Also remember when they said there would never be Pandas too?

Quote Originally Posted by niv78 View Post
    Also remember when they said there would never be Pandas too?
    Teriz was the real leaker all along