5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Alright, let's get a room and quit derailing this thread lol
    this'll be the most activity this thread has till like 1 am MST

New build up. It would appear that the Jailer's name is, indeed, Zovaal. That's the same name as the giant NPC, so now it's undoubtedly him (Note: I did not doubt it before).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think Blizzard has enough self control to not add Arthas into the story, even as a minor role.
    I think hes going to be the new jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    The design of Oribos has me shook.

It is a VERTICAL city. We've never had any hub like this before? The closest thing was the Hall of the Guardian.
    I wish there was a video of exploration instead of just images. Hard to get a feel for scale with just images.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wish there was a video of exploration instead of just images. Hard to get a feel for scale with just images.

Here you go!
    Looks absolutely incredible in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, people didn't like the idea of lots of loading screens. It will mean less themepark feel and faster loading times though.
    Im hoping there will be no loading screen. You will fly into a rift/portal and fly through some pretty void/space etc for 2-3 seconds and then appear out the other side in the new zone.

- - - Updated - - -

it does look pretty cool. Probably as much useable space as Dalaran. I just wish it were a big sprawling city. At least Shat sized. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

God the spires dungeon in Shadowlands is so pretty.

- - - Updated - - -

Castle Natharia reminds me of a mix between Kara, Blackrook hold, and Waycrest manor. Gothic vampire castle. So cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Ardenweald is massive.

Thanks Monk.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2020-04-18 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Yeah, that's not the crowd I'd want to appease either, like babbling youngsters when you know it's mostly 30+ yr old grown ass adults whinging over it.

I'm sad I haven't been able to take advantage of it as much as I would've liked but it's a hell of a busy time right now with irl responsibilities.
    I mean I’m OK with them keeping the experience bonus going for another six months or technically five

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    The thing is that XP is a lot more useful than rep to a lot of folks I'd imagine, especially since it doesn't benefit 8.3 reps for some reason.

I have most reps in the game maxed out already, but still have alts to level, so I woulda loved an extension on the XP buff. Not to mention it did wonders for low level dungeon queues.

Solo leveling as a DPS was actually doable.
    Isn’t the experience bonus being extended until pre-patch

- - - Updated - - -

Torghast key acquisition sounds good.
    So that’s eight per week so you could probably do more specially later on in the expansion when you get strong enough to survive and farm longer

- - - Updated - - -

So torghast

9 keys a week with minimal work

Capped power upgrades like legendary ability drops (in terms of non torghast abilities)

A kind of pseudo timer so you don’t get ppl popping hero for every pack

Anima powers being obtainable but not crazy AF like it is currently in alpha

Non lfd

Tuning based on spec (personally a tad concerned but after seeing testing....it’s needed)

Possibly effects weekly chest choices probably with leggo powers

They are letting groups get away with a few things (thank you blizzard I’m getting two friends just for tower)

A bit of story which is fine

All in all I’m 9/10 because I don’t like the jailer model lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    New build up. It would appear that the Jailer's name is, indeed, Zovaal. That's the same name as the giant NPC, so now it's undoubtedly him (Note: I did not doubt it before).
    Me neither, still interesting about the redesign his fo through since November. Maybe based of the reaction to the leaked concept art?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Me neither, still interesting about the redesign his fo through since November. Maybe based of the reaction to the leaked concept art?
    It is also very possible that the current model is what he will look like when we see him in questing, and the concept art is what he will look like during the raid.
    Otherwise the redesign might simply have been to create a visual parallel with Bolvar, who looks similar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I think we fight him in the maw raid but he is not full power thus that form

Through the raid we kill the simp nathanos and the jailer gets his power back

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is also very possible that the current model is what he will look like when we see him in questing, and the concept art is what he will look like during the raid.
    Otherwise the redesign might simply have been to create a visual parallel with Bolvar, who looks similar.
    I can definitely see his armour starting to resemble the concept art. But the hair and the beard missing seems..... idk thats not how I'd show someone getting more powerful.

I do like the bolvar idea though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I think we fight him in the maw raid but he is not full power thus that form

Through the raid we kill the simp nathanos and the jailer gets his power back
    Im very much looking forward to killing nathanos.

As mentioned above. Regardless of power-ups it looks to me atleast like his change from a wizard like desgin to a physically stronger warrior.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely see his armour starting to resemble the concept art. But the hair and the beard missing seems..... idk thats not how I'd show someone getting more powerful.

I do like the bolvar idea though

- - - Updated - - -

Im very much looking forward to killing nathanos.

As mentioned above. Regardless of power-ups it looks to me atleast like his change from a wizard like desgin to a physically stronger warrior.
    The leaked photo was his original look. This current model used is the current representation of him since he was stripped off his power because SOMEBODY overthrew him

- - - Updated - - -

Torghast isn't going to be about freeing IMPORTANT people because the second that we rescue the big lore figures, the story will shift to them. Tyrande is an exception because they want to continue her story immediately and her story is relevant to cosmology.

They've said that launch will be mostly world building (aka BFA launch without the war campaign) so... it's safe to assume that if we rescue any NPCs in Torghast runs it will be minor ones. If we rescued Jaina at launch the story would immediately shift to her.
    You cannot simply save somebody inside Torghast because it is an ever shifting place and that is implemented as game design. Trying to tip somebody that this person was dragged into cell x block y will not work in here.

Storywise by the time we save Tyrande the current configuration of the place was easily accessible with her on the prison block.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-04-18 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    The leaked photo was his original look. This current model used is the current representation of him since he was stripped off his power because SOMEBODY overthrew him
    Sorry whats the souce of this?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'll post it somewhere else as it is a really controversial topic and deserve a topic on its own.

Don't you think it's kinda weird that somebody being called the Jailer being the ones in chains?

Maybe I'll post it somewhere else as it is a really controversial topic
    Confirmed source or just speculation?

Castle Natharia is already my favorite raid and I haven't even seen a single fight yet.

It's vertigo12. So probably some nether region.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    Hold it, where are you getting that from? I'd expect something like that to make bigger waves.

Maybe I'll post it somewhere else as it is a really controversial topic and deserve a topic on its own.

Don't you think it's kinda weird that somebody being called the Jailer being the ones in chains?
    Not in the sense that in christianity (or the mainstream version of the story) Satan is both in charge and in prisoned in hell....

As the maw seems to be wow closest direct analog to Hell just seems to fit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's vertigo12. So probably some nether region.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold it, where are you getting that from? I'd expect something like that to make bigger waves.
    In the new build. The Eye of the Jailer description mentions Zovaal by name.

"Eye of the Jailer - Increase your threat level with Zovaal, the Jailer by +1,000 units. This threat level is reset to zero each day."
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-04-18 at 09:35 AM.

In the new build. The Eye of the Jailer description mentions Zovaal by name.

"Eye of the Jailer - Increase your threat level with Zovaal, the Jailer by +1,000 units. This threat level is reset to zero each day."
    We already knew that there's a guy named Zovaal the Jailer, though. This doesn't confirm that he is The Jailer, it's only circumstantial evidence.
    He could also just be the guy charged with outdoor security in the Maw, possibly even being the one called the Eye of the Jailer.

It's not "undoubtedly".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already knew that there's a guy named Zovaal the Jailer, though. This doesn't confirm that he is The Jailer, it's only circumstantial evidence.
    He could also just be the guy charged with outdoor security in the Maw, possibly even being the one called the Eye of the Jailer.

It's not "undoubtedly".
    I didnt say "undoubtedly" but im going to assume its his name mind you until proven otherwise.

Every sign points to the Arbiter in some way being responsible for the Hailer being mostly powerless, given the Jailer has a giant hole in his sternum and the Arbiter has a weird Jailer colored orb/heart in the same location.
    Hard to say whether teh Arbiter is the one who took it, or someone who made the arbiter took it, but all the signs point to the Arbiter having soem of the Jailers power, which leads us to conclude that the Jailer was once in charge of the entirety of Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!