I hope Arthas just pops up in the background.
    .i imagine at certain times of day, he pops up on random places with dialogues.

Perhaps we see him on a floating island talking to a child, gazing upon a couple in love similar to him and Jaina

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I hope Arthas just pops up in the background.
    .i imagine at certain times of day, he pops up on random places with dialogues.

Perhaps we see him on a floating island talking to a child, gazing upon a couple in love similar to him and Jaina
    Honestly, my personal guess for Arthas is still that we wonder where he is when we don't find him in the Maw, and then during the Sylvanas raid we get him as a surprise boss.
    Would be cool as an encounter, and would be interesting to see how Sylvanas treats him now that she is in control.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Considering the entire expansion is Arthas/Lich King themed anyone who genuinely thinks he won't appear beyond a cameo might need to train their brain.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my FAVORITE example of this is how the Kyrians have a name inspired by Val'kyr and Vrykul... despite canonically existing before them and being the basis for Odyn to create the Val'kyr based on what he saw in the Shadowlands. So they basically fucked up the order in lore JUST so the expansion could be Wrath-wank.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering the entire expansion is Arthas/Lich King themed anyone who genuinely thinks he won't appear beyond a cameo might need to train their brain.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my FAVORITE example of this is how the Kyrians have a name inspired by Val'kyr and Vrykul... despite canonically existing before them and being the basis for Odyn to create the Val'kyr based on what he saw in the Shadowlands. So they basically fucked up the order in lore JUST so the expansion could be Wrath-wank.
    This is basically Wrath Legion

Wait a minute

Wrath Legion
    Wrath ion Leg
    Wrathion Leg

Wrathion confirmed for Legendary gear

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    This is basically Wrath Legion

Wait a minute

Wrath Legion
    Wrath ion Leg
    Wrathion Leg

Wrathion confirmed for Legendary gear
    Wrath Legion
    Ion Wart Gel H

Or for another comedic solution to the anagram, WHO R GENITAL.

Preparation H and genital warts confirmed for Shadowlands.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Wrath Legion
    Ion Wart Gel H

Or for another comedic solution to the anagram, WHO R GENITAL.

Preparation H and genital warts confirmed for Shadowlands.
    Oh my God.

Hemorrhoids are the key to all of this. It's all connected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weird, all I see is different afterlife settings instead. How is Ardenweald LK/Arthas themed, again?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    We actually don't know who made the deal with Odyn.
    Large bet on that being the Archon!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Large bet on that being the Archon!
    He spoke to a dark spirit, he literally took a peak into the Maw.
    A large glowing angelic being with a headpiece so big and golden it makes her look like a humanoid arrowhead, isn't exactly "dark".

If it was a Kyrian, it's far more likely to have been some Mawsworn.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Weird, all I see is different afterlife settings instead. How is Ardenweald LK/Arthas themed, again?
    Mandatory Elune zone for Night Elves and Elune setup as the most important person. The one zone contrary to the rest of the theme similar to how Stormheim was the only Broken Isle zone not themed around Nature/Night Elves in some way.

3/4 leveling zones are Lich King Themed (Valkyr, Nathrezim/Blood and Scourge/Unholy) and the big raid/area is quite literally Black Icecrown. Not to mention how 90% of the cast of lore figures aside from Ardenweald people and Draka are people that were close to Arthas: Uther, Kael, Jaina, Bolvar and the Mograines.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Mandatory Elune zone for Night Elves and Elune setup as the most important person. The one zone contrary to the rest of the theme similar to how Stormheim was the only Broken Isle zone not themed around Nature/Night Elves in some way.

3/4 leveling zones are Lich King Themed (Valkyr, Nathrezim/Blood and Scourge/Unholy) and the big raid/area is quite literally Black Icecrown. Not to mention how 90% of the cast of lore figures aside from Ardenweald people and Draka are people that were close to Arthas: Uther, Kael, Jaina, Bolvar and the Mograines.
    "black icecrown"
    You're going to the maw for that joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mal - Scourge (Morgraine, KT)
    Rev - San'layn/Dreadlord-ish (Kael)
    Bastion - Val'kyr (Uther)
    Maw - ICC but darker (Sylvanas)

Not to mention Bolvar and his new gen of DKs with the scourge running rampant now.

How exactly is this expansion NOT Arthas themed?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-05-15 at 05:25 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

SYLVANAS WINDRUNNER
    I CHALLENGE
    MAK'GORA!
    (pt 2 Alliance Remix)

7+ Year Old Account

I mean, people will see what they want to see. For example Val'kyrs for me are more Stormheim than Scourge. And I link Dreadlords waaaaay more with BL, than with Arthas. All I see is people just freaking out after another Arthas mention in the interview.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-05-15 at 05:28 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, people will see what they want to see. For example Val'kyrs for me are more Stormheim than Scourge. And I link Dreadlords waaaaay more with BL, than with Arthas.
    Sure, because they eventually expanded upon them, but Val'kyr were introduced in wotlk with Arthas as their leader.
    And Dreadlords are the reason why the LK exists, Arthas became him and why Lordaeron fell.

Formerly known as Arafal

He spoke to a dark spirit, he literally took a peak into the Maw.
    A large glowing angelic being with a headpiece so big and golden it makes her look like a humanoid arrowhead, isn't exactly "dark".

If it was a Kyrian, it's far more likely to have been some Mawsworn.
    For me the kyrian val'kyr shared asethics looks to close for it not to somehow be related.

I am somewhat assuming that old lore will be replaced mind you

Not to mention Bolvar and his new gen of DKs with the scourge running rampant now.

Ardenweald - that one random ass green dragon in ICC

the big raid/area is quite literally Black Icecrown.
    I think you mean Icebrown.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Legion was BC 2 with Illidan
    BFA is MoP 2 with faction war/dta thing
    SL will be wotlk 2 with undeads and lich king stuff
    10.0 will either be cata 2 with some dragons stuff or wod 2 with strange temporal shenanigan. ( ... or just a alien world with k'aresh. )

Quote Originally Posted by Noirebene View Post
    Legion was BC 2 with Illidan
    BFA is MoP 2 with faction war/dta thing
    SL will be wotlk 2 with undeads and lich king stuff
    10.0 will either be cata 2 with some dragons stuff or wod 2 with strange temporal shenanigan. ( ... or just a alien world with k'aresh. )
    Temporal shenanigans involving dragons on a different planet.

But honestly: I expect cata 2.0: heavy dragon theme and it's gonna revamp more of the leveling experience and probably several classes being revamped/improved