Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I think your making massive leaps of judgement based on a single photo that was later removed, there is no hard proof that is it a night elf dark ranger aside from skin color which itself isn't a good argument
    I made no judgment, I simply said that that dark ranger does indeed look like a night elf.

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I think your making massive leaps of judgement based on a single photo that was later removed, there is no hard proof that is it a night elf dark ranger aside from skin color

The photo had a neutral hero and building which are good reasons to take them down as all the other photos had 3 faction units
    No. that ancient is Uprooted, meaning it is a unit and not a building.
    In addition, the neutral hero is quite clearly a NE Dark Ranger.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    That's.... a ranger.....

There's nothing there that ties it to a Dark Ranger at all. Unless you think "oh they wear dark colors so they're a dark ranger" is proof of anything. Besides, again, it's a game set 15 years in the past now. If you think this proves a 9.0 new class you're doing gold medal mental gymnastics to justify your desires.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2019-08-05 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Double Posted
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    No. that ancient is Uprooted, meaning it is a unit and not a building.
    In addition, the neutral hero is quite clearly a NE Dark Ranger.
    you could be confusing because of their colors, dark Rangers had dark skins because they were dead...

there was not NE dark rangers in WC era, even the banshee were made of HE

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's.... a ranger.....

There's nothing there that ties it to a Dark Ranger at all. Unless you think "oh they wear dark colors so they're a dark ranger" is proof of anything. Besides, again, it's a game set 15 years in the past now. If you think this proves a 9.0 new class you're doing gold medal mental gymnastics to justify your desires.
    Mod confirmed to be a Dark Ranger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you could be confusing because of their colors, dark Rangers had dark skins because they were dead...

there was not NE dark rangers in WC era, even the banshee were made of HE
    Exactly, there weren't night elf dark rangers. They only appeared in BfA, in Darkshore Battlefront.
    That is why its very suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Mod confirmed to be a Dark Ranger

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, there weren't night elf dark rangers. They only appeared in BfA, in Darkshore Battlefront.
    That is why its very suspicious.
    it could be indeed dark ranger but not a NE dark ranger, and just n HE, and they put there wrong, they look similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it could be indeed dark ranger but not a NE dark ranger, and just n HE, and they put there wrong, they look similar.
    the issue is they placed the Dark Ranger in the Night Elf Racial Theme, not in the undead one

This image was later removed from the website

Considering they changed the picture, it was a mistake.

There were no Nelf Dark rangers at the time.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

I think we should focus on speculating about 9.0 not Warcraft 3 dark rangers, It's not some hidden easter egg to the new expansion

8.2.5 PTR just got released so we should get some interesting lore tidbits especially about Wrathion, might be a good clue about where 8.3 will be heading
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-05 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Considering they changed the picture, it was a mistake.

There were no Nelf Dark rangers at the time.
    Have you seen the quality of that drawing? Why would Blizzard would do a drawing mistake like that...

The only mistake i think they might have done was releasing it too soon, because of... well, spoilers i guess?

Have you seen the quality of that drawing? Why would Blizzard would do a drawing mistake like that...

That isn't drawn, those are the in-game models.
    They just put them side by side and someone just put the DR in there.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2019-08-05 at 06:59 PM.

Look at the dark rangers face it’s scarred. So mostly likely undead.

That isn't drawn, those are the in-game models.

They just put them side by side and someone just put the DR unit in there.
    Well, im not sure if that is a sketch representing the model or an ingame model.
    But if it is a picture of the unit, it is even a bigger proof about it.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-08-05 at 07:01 PM.

But if it is a picture of the unit, it is even a bigger proof about it.
    What?

All it proofs is that the DR hero is gonna available, which we knew from the beginning on as they existed back in WC3.
    I mean honestly, Sylvanas says hi.

What?

All it proofs is that the DR hero is gonna available, which we knew from the beginning on as they existed back in WC3.
    Since when are dark rangers pink skinned, though? I really don't get how everyone can just accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Since when are dark rangers pink skinned, though? I really don't get how everyone can just accept that.

They changed the art style to be more realistic, they pretty much just chose the cgi depiction of Sylvanas as reference.

The character in the picture is clearly undead.
    Red eyes, scars on face point that out, typical DR features.

It makes 0 sense that the unit is a night elven one.

What?

I'm not understanding your point.

Yes, dark rangers existed as Sylvanas and as those mercenary heros you could pay. They never were night elves.

In BfA 8.1 the night elf dark rangers were introduced in the darkshore warfront.

In warcraft 3 reforged, suddenly a night elf dark ranger appears in the night elf racial group picture.... and after a while it is removed.

The issue is it could be an easter egg or spoiler about 9.0 regarding night elf dark rangers.

[IMG]
    They changed the art style to be more realistic, they pretty much just chose the cgi depiction of Sylvanas as reference.
    Perhaps it's just me, but I really don't see those skins being similar at all. The one in the screenshot with the other night elven units looks markedly similar to the skins that we can pick in wow for our night elves, Sylvanas' CGI appearance feels nearly white. Like her old wc3 skin.

Edit: although to be fair, in wc3 it's an almost white blue, not an almost white pink.

People are really reaching for straws in thinking that model indicates a Dark Ranger class in WoW or it hinting at ANYTHING related to WoW. My guess is that it's likely Shandris' model since she originally had a recolored ranger model. That would make sense why it was put in the Night Elf picture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    People are really reaching for straws in thinking that model indicates a Dark Ranger class in WoW or it hinting at ANYTHING related to WoW. My guess is that it's likely Shandris' model since she originally had a recolored ranger model. That would make sense why it was put in the Night Elf picture as well.
    No no no, obviously it means that Sylvanas joins the night elves in 9.0 and becomes the next Dark ranger Priestess of Elune!

/s