10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so why do they refuse to let the mission table die?
    Because some people like them and it's super easy to develop a new one every expansion. Even if 5% like it, that's reason enough to keep it. Same as pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Because some people like them and it's super easy to develop a new one every expansion. Even if 5% like it, that's reason enough to keep it. Same as pet battles.
    For that matter, this one looks like it actually has more gameplay than previous iterations.

And yeah, it's cheap to do, so even a small base of people liking it is sufficient to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For that matter, this one looks like it actually has more gameplay than previous iterations.

And yeah, it's cheap to do, so even a small base of people liking it is sufficient to support it.
    Plus with the offline component on the mobile app, it gives you something WoW to do on your phone as well that isn't just select and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I love Maw and Nathria plate sets so much.

It's so unfair bros.. why does plate always win?
    I'd say cloth is close second myself. Some Warlock sets are just friggin dope.

Leather and mail almost always lose because their fantasy isn't as well defined and overlaps with each other somewhat. To say nothing of the fact that, in this game, cloth generally looks like cloth, plate generally looks like metal, but leather seldom looks like leather and there's like three mail sets that actually look like mail, total. And while I'm not for realism in a game with panda people throwing beer at fools, armor that actually looks like armor tends to have the best aesthetic. Thus, plate wins.

Here's my compilation of allied race enhancements implemented, under work (datamined), unconfirmed (based on evidence on alpha), as well as my hopes for them. Obviously, I'm all for more hair styles, jewelry and stuff for everyone, but I think at this stage it's unlikely for Blizzard to add more geosets, so I focused on splitting customization categories to allow more combos, new textures and some swapping between races.

Lightforged Draenei:
    - Implemented: Facial hair split into Facial Hair and Tendrils.
    - Datamined: Eye color selection
    - Unconfirmed: Tattoo colors (Opaque or Reflexive, maybe glowing)
    - Hoping for: Skin colors (bronze, golden, copper), hair colors (dark gold, light red, dark copper, black)

Void Elf:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Belf skin colors (unfinished, still need to change underwear and maybe female nail polish)
    - Unconfirmed: Skin and Hair color selection for Entropic Embrace.
    - Hoping for: Hair colors (black, silver-blue, beige blonde, dark red), Alleria-like tattoos (void, blue, violet, magenta), Hair Tendrils (on/off)

Dark Iron Dwarf:
    - Unconfirmed: Piercings split into more categories (ear, nose and so on)

Kul Tirans:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Facial Hair split into beard and mustache
    - Hoping for: A few hair styles, beards and mustaches exchanged between KT and humans

Mechagnomes:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Inherited new gnome Skin Colors, Skin Color split into Skin and Paint Job
    - Hoping for: Facial hair split into Mustache and Beard, Modification split into Ear Enhancement, Jaw Plating and Ocular Implant, new Paint Jobs

Nightborne:
    - Datamined: Eye colors, 1 new female Jewelry
    - Unconfirmed: Tattoo colors (Opaque and reflexive, maybe glowing)
    - Hoping for: Chin plate (on/off), Jewelry Color (gold, silver, copper), faces with slanted eyes, new skin colors (dark grey, light grey), new hair colors (purple, blue, gold), Arcane Flow on hair (on/off)

Highmountain Tauren:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Markings split into Body Painting and Paint Color, female option for earrings (on/off).
    - Hoping for: New Paint Patterns and Colors (Yellow, Orange, Purple, White), new skins (white, mixed black and brown, mixed white and brown)

Mag'har Orc:
    - Datamined: Eye colors
    - Hoping for: Accessories split into more categories (Earrings, nose and so on), Skin Color split into Skin Color and Tattoos, Inherited Scars from orcs, New Skin Colors (Shattered Hand White) and Eye Color (Shattered Hand red), Some Hair Styles and Facial hair shared with orcs.

Zandalari:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Jewelry split into Earrings and Ear Gauge (Male) plus Piercings and Necklace (Female).
    - Hoping For: Earrings and Piercings further split into more categories (Lip, Nose, Eyebrow), new Skin Colors (more vivid colors: Ice Troll-like, Forest Troll-like, Desert Troll-like)

Vulpera:
    - Implemented: Eye colors, Ears split into Ears and Earrings (on/off)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-07-09 at 03:07 AM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Not to be a hater but wow just feels like a corpse being pumped full of juice and makeup to look like a real person but its rotten to the core. Maybe I've just grown away from it but none of the shit they've announced sans customization(which I love btw) is exciting to me.

BFA and Shadowlands have been a miss for me so far.
    yep its definately you. And there is nothing wrong with that. you dont have to like it.

I feel like tons of people keep playing this game because of sunk cost, or cus nothing has felt as good. there are tons of mmos, thousands of games. with discord and even communities you can even stay in contact with friends, god knows most of my guilds discord is like 90% just memes and talking about life.

You dont have to play, you shouldnt feel like you should, If you dont like the expansion then you should go do something else.

But i think its silly to insult the work of hundreds of programmers and animators just cus they dont tickle your fancy. you should ask around for suggestions for games you might like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm glad for high elf fans, but personally, my void elf character will remain as voidy as possible.
    same. I madea void elf to play a void elf. Purple is his color

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Here's my compilation of allied race enhancements implemented, under work (datamined), unconfirmed (based on evidence on alpha), as well as my hopes for them. Obviously, I'm all for more hair styles, jewelry and stuff for everyone, but I think at this stage it's unlikely for Blizzard to add more geosets, so I focused on splitting customization categories to allow more combos, new textures and some swapping between races.
    *snip*
    good, i'm hoping for more but i'm glad that the whole "eye options/fascial hair split/choice of color vs type" type of improvements to character creator would be added to the AR at least.

I want more options but stuff like these should be the minimum and probably take infinitesimally less work than making whole new hairstyles and jewelry models (or refitting them to different races. I wish eventually all hairstyles were available to everyone. Tired of the "orcs are Igor" hairstyle thing)
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

As long as it’s not something I have to babysit every day. Like if I can check it once every like...8 hours or something and be fine. Or even if it’s not integral to gameplay but just a decent benefit if you sink time and resources into it(like cosmetic rewards or extra rep) but if it’s basically something I have to do, like a chore then eh.

But if I can, say, log in, do my table, hit up my world quests and then move on and do whatever else I wanna do that day then that’s fine

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    As long as it’s not something I have to babysit every day. Like if I can check it once every like...8 hours or something and be fine. Or even if it’s not integral to gameplay but just a decent benefit if you sink time and resources into it(like cosmetic rewards or extra rep) but if it’s basically something I have to do, like a chore then eh.

But if I can, say, log in, do my table, hit up my world quests and then move on and do whatever else I wanna do that day then that’s fine
    There's nothing stopping you from doing that right now. BfA table is fairly low maintenance.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that right now. BfA table is fairly low maintenance.
    Yeah but I’m not talking about BfA. I’m talking about SL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Literally nobody cared about the isolation part, nobody.
    The hate was for the gimmicks, I remember that very clearly.
    That's not even true tbh. People hated they the garrison was the only thing to do. If we had as much content as MoP plus the garrison it would have been received much better imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Thats literally just a different name.

As a consumer, it means nothing. It was nothing to get excited for. Its not like they are suddenly gonna invite more people than they were inviting before.
    Actually that's exactly what it means.

Yeah but I’m not talking about BfA. I’m talking about SL
    We have little reason to think it will be different on that. Even WoD didn't really need more than at most 2 rounds a day, because missions don't respawn fast enough for it.

Something I just now noticed: male night elf and male nightborne faces lost that perma-scowl they had, with the mouths baring their teeth all the time. Both look way better now.

Comparison (Live vs. Alpha):

# Night Elf Face 3

# Night Elf Face 5

# Night Elf Face 6
    (Yes, Blindfold is buggy currently, but will probably be fixed)

# Nightborne face 2

# Nightborne Face 4

# Nightborne Face 5

Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-07-09 at 04:03 AM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I just now noticed: male night elf and male nightborne faces lost that perma-scowl they had, with the mouths baring their teeth all the time. Both look way better now.

Comparison (Live vs. Alpha):

--- snip ---
    Those look. Lot better.

Mod Edit: Don't quote a large image-laden post for a single sentence reply.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-09 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Removed Quoted Images

Finally: Now I don't have to look constipated all the time as a Night Elf.

7+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-07-09 at 06:44 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It's probably going to be as important as the BfA one, i.e. you'll get a bit of extra rep/resources/gold that you can otherwise grind in other ways.

For example, there's going to be this weekly anima cap - I can totally see the mission table giving you some anima, so if you use it, you'll have a bit less to grind, but if you don't want to, you'd be able to easily make up for it by doing a couple more world quests or running a dungeon.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-07-09 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hnm, change to volcanic is tricky. Depends on how high you get into the air since fall damage still is percentaged.
    Bursting being disspellable is great but may make things too easy if you got a priest compared to other healers.

Now they just have to get rid of quaking disrupting eating/drinking. (bloody hat that)

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect much for classes until 10.0
    you mean 12.0, they can't make huge changes like that so quickly

Thats pretty cool, I hope they fix the perma smiling female night elf faces aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Seems the knockback value is similar to Ashvane's Upsurge if you read the WoWhead article. So it would be quite disruptive.
    Definitely more disruptive than just walking out.