The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    All I want from 9.0 is not to deal with predictable themes like Black Empire, Shadowlands etc.
    I want something entirely new and unexpected like Mop or Cata or even Wod and at the same time features that makes the game fresh like a world revamp, level squish etc

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "What are we, some sort of Wrath of the Lich King?"

Maybe more like Vanilla, where there was no one Big Bad behind everything.
    Maybe more like Vanilla in more ways than one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe more like Vanilla in more ways than one.
    "The next World of Warcraft expansion... Classic! Thrall goes back in time to try and make things turn out differently, but the Bronze Neckbeards hate change, so they send you back to kill him."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    "The next World of Warcraft expansion... Classic! Thrall goes back in time to try and make things turn out differently, but the Bronze Neckbeards hate change, so they send you back to kill him."
    Not quite. I meant more coupled with the world revamp and the leveling revamp. Squish it back to 60, make leveling flow more like it did back then, set the entire expansion on EK/Kalimdor (like to the point of "you no longer need to level through BC-BFA") and maybe talent points return.

I think maybe we need to go into Blizzcon prepared for some total curve ball like that. Something that "Old Blizzard" wouldn't do but "New, more panicking, and also with Classic Blizzard" would do.

5+ Year Old Account
    There should be a voting pole for the THEME of 9.0 not the features of 9.0 but the THEME.

That should be interesting to see what theme ends up right and how many votes it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Sure there was no Dark Ranger in WC3 but technical and story wise there is no reason why there couldn't be some of them.
    But there were Dark Rangers in Warcraft III. They were neutral hero units, but maybe you mean there weren't any night elf dark ranger in WCIII

Not quite. I meant more coupled with the world revamp and the leveling revamp. Squish it back to 60, make leveling flow more like it did back then, set the entire expansion on EK/Kalimdor (like to the point of "you no longer need to level through BC-BFA") and maybe talent points return.

I think maybe we need to go into Blizzcon prepared for some total curve ball like that. Something that "Old Blizzard" wouldn't do but "New, more panicking, and also with Classic Blizzard" would do.
    Levels: Gone.
    Account-wide artefact-like progression: In.
    Play any character you like; progress on all of them.

That's what I want.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I still think BfA is a glitch in the Emerald Nightmare and we'll all wake up in the end, Varian and Vol'jin still alive, Teldrassil and Undercity still intact.

They still haven't replaced Vol'jin and Varian in the EK and Kalimdor loading screens, very suspicious...

It was all just a bad dream...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I still think BfA is a glitch in the Emerald Nightmare and we'll all wake up in the end, Varian and Vol'jin still alive, Teldrassil and Undercity still intact.

They still haven't replaced Vol'jin and Varian in the EK and Kalimdor loading screens, very suspicious...

It was all just a bad dream...
    Don’t you dare take away my AR races

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be THAT guy and say we probably won't get a vanilla esque feel expansion. Not necessarily. What I want is

Underground/sub-terrainian content esque expansion. I wants it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What I want is either class skins, specifically Dark Ranger for Hunters (including visual and name changes like T&E suggested) or an undead elf allied race. I've wanted to play as a Dark Ranger for a very long time. Of course I wouldn't mind it being a full blown hero class, but suggesting it gets me yelled at. I don't like being yelled at. I really want a death themed expansion pack, maybe Shadowlands or something of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Have you seen the quality of that drawing? Why would Blizzard would do a drawing mistake like that...

The only mistake i think they might have done was releasing it too soon, because of... well, spoilers i guess?
    Well this is only conjecture of course, as I don't really know exactly how everything works at Blizzard, but considering they do have job postings specifically for web-related positions it's very likely.

The people who do the art are not the same that piece up the website together. Most likely the team that worked on the website received image files with transparent background for each of the units and then pieced the whole image together for the website - meaning all it would take would be a web designer / artist to mis-read, or any other form of miscommunication really, to put the wrong unit in the wrong faction.

This is especially likely in this case since that dark ranger art does look like a night elf if you don't know about them.

Even assuming in 9.0 there will be a new Dark Ranger class, I don't see how placing them as a NE Hero in W3R (which is a Remaster, not a Remake) would make sense, let alone in its website as artwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm gonna be THAT guy and say we probably won't get a vanilla esque feel expansion. Not necessarily. What I want is

Underground/sub-terrainian content esque expansion. I wants it.
    I don't think we do either but I can dream. But I think the underground ship sailed with Nzoth...

Honestly I'm at a loss here. It's a position I don't think we've ever been in. No matter what they do next, it'll be a surprise.

Personally guessing world revamp with Dragons, Death and/or Old Gods as the patch focuses.

If 8.3 is focused on one of those things then take it off the list.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter what they do next, it'll be a surprise.
    Which is quite awesome when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Which is quite awesome when you think about it.
    I disagree that it will likely be a surprise, but I think that depends on what you constitute as a "surprise".

BFA having a war theme and marketing was a surprise sure, but it was still the Azshara/Nzoth expansion that everyone guessed for years and years.

I don't think we do either but I can dream. But I think the underground ship sailed with Nzoth...

Honestly I'm at a loss here. It's a position I don't think we've ever been in. No matter what they do next, it'll be a surprise.
    I still think the glass floor in the Chamber of Heart is going to end up as either a lift, or a hole after a tentacle or wave of azerite comes bursting through.

I hope the hole leads to an underground world, but more likely it just leads to the final fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the glass floor in the Chamber of Heart is going to end up as either a lift, or a hole after a tentacle or wave of azerite comes bursting through.

I hope the hole leads to an underground world, but more likely it just leads to the final fight.
    If it is a lift, I would presume it would go to near where the World Soul is currently residing(Kinda like the area in Antorus where Argus' own world soul was. Still pining that Uldorous is basically the Antorus of Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I just want classes taking back to 5.4 SoO, or at least Enhancement Shamans being taken back to that slice of time. They were Godly and fun to play. I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    All I want from 9.0 is not to deal with predictable themes like Black Empire, Shadowlands etc.
    I want something entirely new and unexpected like Mop or Cata or even Wod and at the same time features that makes the game fresh like a world revamp, level squish etc
    BFA was unexpected. Everyone was thinking Azshara or WOTLK. Nope we got Azerite, faction war, lame story, battle for azesnoreroth
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."