Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope for Legion style (pre-patch I mean) invasions - Scourge, Maw, doesn't matter. I know repeat of WoTLK is nice nostalgia, but pre-patch event feels very outdated so far.

Yeah, maybe it was a great event and all of that but Blizz is lazy for reusing it. I would prefer something new.

I don't think we're going to get any leveling content with the pre-patch like we did with Legion because of the 100% XP boost we've had for months.
    #TeamTinkers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where the hell can you choose the expansion to level in on PTR? i though its Chromie but i cant find her anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Yeah, maybe it was a great event and all of that but Blizz is lazy for reusing it. I would prefer something new.

I don't think we're going to get any leveling content with the pre-patch like we did with Legion because of the 100% XP boost we've had for months.
    A levelling boost for the Pre-patch would be kinda pointless when the entire selling point of the new levelling is the streamlining of it. It would be as if an expansion with a selling point of transmogs gave pre-patch weapons that couldnt be transmogged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Where the hell can you choose the expansion to level in on PTR? i though its Chromie but i cant find her anywhere.
    You need to complete the standard BfA levelling first before you get hte option of choosing whatever. If you have a max level alt and still cannot then that sounds like a bug, either with the code as a whole or the PTR specifically.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I'm late to the party on the Nathanos kill but you guys realize were going to the Afterlife and will probably run into him again right?
    It doesn't matter. From a writing perspective, it doesn't make sense to jebait players into killing Nathanos, a very unpopular and disliked character, to bring him back literally 10 minutes later. Indeed, Nathanos is not mentioned anywhere in Shadowlands.

Besides, Nathanos wouldn't just return to the Maw with his body intact. That's not how it works. He would be lost in the massive river of souls flowing into the Maw, which is visible in-game.

So we're getting a PTR patch tonight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It doesn't matter. From a writing perspective, it doesn't make sense to jebait players into killing Nathanos, a very unpopular and disliked character, to bring him back literally 10 minutes later. Indeed, Nathanos is not mentioned anywhere in Shadowlands.

Besides, Nathanos wouldn't just return to the Maw with his body intact. That's not how it works. He would be lost in the massive river of souls flowing into the Maw, which is visible in-game.
    Usually from a writing perspective you don't fight someone...so not really relevant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Usually from a writing perspective you don't fight someone...so not really relevant.
    What does that even mean?

The writers read the forums. They are aware of the fact that a lot of players dislike Nathanos, while at the same time many complained that he survived his fight with Tyrande in Darkshore. They wouldn't have Nathanos somehow survive his encounter with Tyrande a second time, when it was criticized heavily the first time.

Holy shit, you don't need to be 5head to understand basic storytelling and writing choices.

What does that even mean?

The writers read the forums. They are aware of the fact that a lot of players dislike Nathanos, while at the same time many complained that he survived his fight with Tyrande in Darkshore. They wouldn't have Nathanos somehow survive his encounter with Tyrande a second time, when it was criticized heavily the first time.

Holy shit, you don't need to be 5head to understand basic storytelling and writing choices.
    Nathanos is only disliked by Night Elf nerds and snowflakes who are offended that he was mean to them in the world quests / horde story. He was literally the last interesting character who didn't change his mind about what he's doing and what he's loyal to every 10 minutes unlike (Anduin, Jaina, Cryfang, Tyrande).

And now dead. I sure hope he's in the Shadowlands indeed. Call me a romantic, but I would like to see a semi-happy ending for him and Sylvanas, even if it's just them dying together.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean the fact that players are a factor instead of well...readers(or audience). Thats all.

Nathanos is only disliked by Night Elf nerds and snowflakes who are offended that he was mean to them in the world quests / horde story. He was literally the last interesting character who didn't change his mind about what he's doing and what he's loyal to every 10 minutes unlike (Anduin, Jaina, Cryfang, Tyrande).

And now dead. I sure hope he's in the Shadowlands indeed. Call me a romantic, but I would like to see a semi-happy ending for him and Sylvanas, even if it's just them dying together.
    ....No, people don't like him cause he's a dick to everyone except her female bootycall and of course you call Saurfang "Cryfang." Lot of keyboard warriors here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

One of the big points of the prepatch is the re-done and rebalanced leveling. Breaking it instantly with Legion style speed leveling would be counter-intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post

Well very clearly he isn't in Shadowlands, or anyway won't be in 9.0, since there is no mention of him anywhere in the beta. And there's the fact that writing-wise it doesn't make sense to write a scenario that is a repeat of the 8.1 scenario, which was criticized heavily on pretty much all major WoW discussion forums. This is a fact, you can go read the posts on the official reddit or forum (both of which are read by Blizzard) from 2 years ago and you will see that a lot of people were not happy with the ending of the Darkshore scenario, which even gave birth to the infamous "Enough!" Nathanos meme.

If anything, this encounter screams "Tyrande fanservice", since she literally appears at the last second to kill steal Nathanos. Bringing back Nathanos would be counterintuitive to that goal. Especially since, very clearly, this is the final expansion for both Sylvanas and Nathanos. I don't see where their Undead/Death plotline could go from here. So it makes sense to start thinning the ranks of named undead villains.

Sylvanas and Nathanos have outlived their usefulness to the plot, just like Garrosh and Malkorok before them. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-13 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean the fact that players are a factor instead of well...readers(or audience). Thats all.

....No, people don't like him cause he's a dick to everyone except her female bootycall and of course you call Saurfang "Cryfang." Lot of keyboard warriors here.
    Exactly, as I said, snowflakes who are offended that an in game character is making snarky remarks about them. Thanks for helping me get my point across there, amigo! And Cryfang was literally the most pitiful orc in existence, I don't think you know what a keyboard warrior means if you are calling me that over my assessment of a poor characater.
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2020-08-13 at 04:15 PM.

Exactly, as I said, snowflakes who are offended that an in game character is making snarky remarks about them. Thanks for helping me get my point across there, amigo! And Cryfang was literally the most pitiful orc in existence, I don't think you know what a keyboard warrior means if you are calling me that over my assessment of a poor characater.
    Calls people snowflakes who are offended by a video game character, and then continues to call another video game character cryfang and most pitiful orc in existence

It's almost like you are one of those snowflakes yourself.

I could see Nathanos reappearing in a later Shadowlands patch depending on how the Tyrande cinematic goes. We could have Nathanos die and then have a pseudo-redemption later where he realizes his toxic love for Sylvanas, or even better have Sylvanas sort-of ressurect Nathanos just ot hammer home how deranged she has become that even her former lover isnt exempt from her attempts of omnicide.

gave birth to the infamous "Enough!" Nathanos meme.
    Its not Nathanos meme, it was born long ago, in Cata, i think?

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Calls people snowflakes who are offended by a video game character, and then continues to call another video game character cryfang and most pitiful orc in existence

It's almost like you are one of those snowflakes yourself.
    It's almost like the two things have nothing to do with each other, I am not offended by Cryfang being mean to me, I'm ridiculing him because he's basically a clown. Not a very solid try, give it another go there, bud!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find myself not having much to do on the PTR, cause the classes/specs I play are some of those largely unchanged or with very few changes, with the exception of enhancement shaman.

Holy priest is more or less the same, bar that Circle of Healing talent, Holy and Prot paladin play styles isn't radically changed by Holy Power, and resto shaman also looks about the same.

It's almost like the two things have nothing to do with each other, I am not offended by Cryfang being mean to me, I'm ridiculing him because he's basically a clown. Not a very solid try, give it another go there, bud!
    I know you think you are coming across as aloof and an intellectual when you refer to him as cryfang in an attempt to denigrate those who attempt to present valid points, but in fact all it does is make you come across as shallow.

If you want to be taken seriously on your viewpoint that only Nelf players or similar disliked Nathanos then try using your big boy words to do so. Generally works out far smoother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    World revamp, obviously.

It could also be part of a quest that is currently unavailable.
    The secret Butt of Quel'thalas >.>

Warrior-Magi