Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Basically confirmed that Shadowlands beings can cross into Azeroth.
    If they are renegades who go against the laws of the Shadowlands - sure, but that doesn't mean that once we go in and restore the order, any law-abiding citizens of the Shadowlands will be allowed to cross into Azeroth for any other reason than to carry our souls to the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    I mean they could easily just say the Uther in the tomb is the light taking his ethereal shape to help us find the Ashbringer. All he does is say "Maxwell, it's been too long -exposition- ...Tirion still lives" there isn't anything too specific about Uther there.

They really could do with some sort of explanation in-game about all the spirits we've summoned to help us before tho.
    I'd believe that, except Maxwell clearly says they (Meaning him and the Paladin player) wanted to make an audience with Uther himself, which they did...

So, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just a retcon.
    Blizz writers write what they think is cool. They don't care for consistency.
    There is a bit of lore to explain this: There are essentially 3 planes of existance in Warcraft, The prime material plane, where the living reside, the shadowlands, where the dead go, and the third is an astral plane, a plane of the mind, also known as the Dream. The Emerald Dream & the Emerald Nightmare exist in this astral plane. The Drust also reside in this astral plane but also in the same way certain demons & liches can travel between the plane of the living & the dead, the Drust have managed to manifest in both the plane of the living & the plane of the dead from the dream.

So I think ghosts are just what happens when dead people in the shadowlands are dreaming

So with Week 2 available on the PTR - do we have any hints that more "Weeks" are coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    So with Week 2 available on the PTR - do we have any hints that more "Weeks" are coming?
    Probably 4. With a 6 week pre-patch period. My guess for the time table is

3rd week September: 9.0 patch & Week 1 scourge quest
    4th week September: Week 2 scourge quest
    1st week October: Week 3 scourge quest
    2nd week October: Week 4 scourge quest
    1st week November: Shadowlands release

Is there a list out there somewhere of stuff still blatantly missing from beta?
    Things that come to mind :
    Gladiator mounts
    new Conquest system for pvp
    Soundtracks for pretty much evry zone except bastion
    Login screen(yes we barely see it anymore but still)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Probably 4. With a 6 week pre-patch period. My guess for the time table is

3rd week September: 9.0 patch & Week 1 scourge quest
    4th week September: Week 2 scourge quest
    1st week October: Week 3 scourge quest
    2nd week October: Week 4 scourge quest
    1st week November: Shadowlands release
    Currently I'm leaning towards 29th September for pre-patch and 10th November for release. 2 weeks for adaptation without new content (beside Exile's Reach) and 4 weeks for Scourge event.

I would prefer 4 week pre-patch (for sake of people that want to finish BfA stuff), but I think Blizz wouldn't give up last minute Q3 sub boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    We still miss the loading screens for Ardenweald, Maldraxxus, Revendreth and the Maw ... unless we keep the Bastion one for every zone ? (seems illogical imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    We still miss the loading screens for Ardenweald, Maldraxxus, Revendreth and the Maw ... unless we keep the Bastion one for every zone ? (seems illogical imo)
    Let's not forget that Legion never actually gave us the usual map loading screen and instead stuck with the promotional artwork usually just used for areas that the devs cannot be assed to create unique loading screens for like the Anduin v. Sylvanas one that shows up when you teleport to the Heart Chamber.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Feels like they're rushing the expansion before it's ready. A shame. They were doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Feels like they're rushing the expansion before it's ready. A shame. They were doing so well.
    How so? We are still at least a month away from the Pre-patch, and then another month after that. And that is just the minimum amount of time.

What exactly is missing that needs to be added for the game to officially not be rushed?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It seems ready. The biggest problem classes were hunter priest shaman & druid & they just got revised

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's also the option of the Legion event pre-dating the memory loss. Either way, there's plenty of ways to explain it. It's not nearly as big a hole as you make it out to be.
    You're all treating memory like something that takes time but in the context of the bastion storyline, memories are commodified & stored in a giant archive. Uther relinquished his memories, then the Forsworn stole the particular memories from the archive & gave them back to him: When it happened is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now they just need to change the numbers, BM and Destro hit too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How so? We are still at least a month away from the Pre-patch, and then another month after that. And that is just the minimum amount of time.

What exactly is missing that needs to be added for the game to officially not be rushed?
    Raise your hand if u want new content and dont give a shit if vampires do 5% more dmg than faeries for a few weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just a retcon.

Blizz writers write what they think is cool. They don't care for consistency.
    Thats actually most writers. Ask any of them if u have a choice between making old canon out of date because u need to to make the story better then u do. Rich berlew, star trek, dresden files. Its why the early installment weirdness trope exists.

Ill never understand why some geeks are obsessed with canon like its some boblical thingm writers try yo make a fun story.

Also who the eff said that vision was uther himself? It was prob just the light reflecting what it new of his spirit. I remember someone saying varians soul was fine cus of what anduin saw and im just like "he didnt actually see varian, that was just a metaphorical memory hitting him in a moment of grief" happens all the time in stories. Star wars is the only one where the ghost actually appeared
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I just want out of this shit hole of a patch that corruption has put us in.

I got an email today prompting me to play 8.3 before "time runs out" as things will be unavailable with the pre patch launch. This prompting email makes be believe that we're very close to pre patch hitting live, 4 weeks max I think.

Traditionally it takes one month for pre-patch to go live, so Shadowlands pre-patch should go live September 8, or maybe 15 if they want an extra week to test the Scourge event.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Log-in screen and Music are coming soon, though.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2020-08-14 at 05:52 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Basically confirmed that Shadowlands beings can cross into Azeroth. Inching closer to the possibility that covenant races will be future ARs.
    Well, Bwonsamdi can go the Shadowlands and back to Azeroth as often as he likes so yeah?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Argh! Can't wait for the pre-patch to decide on what to main in SL. Haven't been in such a class pickle since ever!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.