10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If they are as long as described then I think 2 world quests + a mini-scenario at the end should be the ideal.
    Having less world quests just lessens the world content in the game so... no ty

I get people don't want to just kill rare mobs but...less world quests seems like a step back even if they take longer.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-08-16 at 01:21 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pointless content shouldn't be encouraged just because people demand busy work. I am sure somewhere out there in the million of players of wow someone enjoys world quests but there are people who find sexual satisfaction setting themselves on fire.

Just because a extreme minority enjoys it doesn't mean its a good thing. Daily quests should of stayed in korean grind mmos. They have become far to common and feed the hardcore no lifer style of grinding game play.

7+ Year Old Account

I get people don't want to just kill rare mobs but...less world quests seems like a step back even if they take longer.
    WQ's were the answer to peeps wanting to go out into the world, seems they had enough :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Pointless content shouldn't be encouraged just because people demand busy work. I am sure somewhere out there in the million of players of wow someone enjoys world quests but there are people who find sexual satisfaction setting themselves on fire.

Just because a extreme minority enjoys it doesn't mean its a good thing. Daily quests should of stayed in korean grind mmos. They have become far to common and feed the hardcore no lifer style of grinding game play.
    ....It is not Korean grind MMO..... I don't think you've seen actual Korean grind...... Daily quests have been a thing in wow like since forever and adding less is not helpful.

WQ's were the answer to peeps wanting to go out into the world, seems they had enough :v

I got nuttin, biggest complaints I see of wow is the world content..then they ask less of one form of it.

-.-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

....It is not Korean grind MMO..... I don't think you've seen actual Korean grind...... Daily quests have been a thing in wow like since forever and adding less is not helpful.

I got nuttin, biggest complaints I see of wow is the world content..then they ask less of one form of it.

-.-
    They where but I felt they only really served their purpose in vanilla and tnc as a niche actively for a cosmetic reward. Super easy content used as a grind wall for extremely useful utility like flying or crafting recipes should never of happened.

WoW keep adding more and more grind mechanics to it. Calling it a Korean grind mmo seems to become more and more accurate each expansion.

7+ Year Old Account

-.-
    Gotta remember, that WQ's came in Legion, right after WoD AKA Stay-At-Garrison-Entire-Expansion xpac. No wonder people wanted to have a reason to go out. I personally enjoy WQ's greatly. Great evolution of dailies, and they are already making them less significant in SL anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah that's Blizzard talk. Daily quests got people out into the world. MoP dailies got people out, had individual stories, gave strong reputation rewards and organically supported max level storylines. But that took effort.
    Instead we moved to world quests, recycles leveling quests or quests to kill a rare (and a rare that in most cases they did not bother to give any meaningful abilities that would make it challenging like, again, MoP rares). Heck in many cases world quests are so hurried that they make no sense (like the tortollan screaming at you to get those supplies with the quest asking you to kill manta rays . . . or the numerous rare killing world quests about killing something that is so very dangerous, when it is a neutral animal harming no one).
    The idea that world quests are about moving people to the world is the same with the idea that WoD was because of the community's demand for one year expansions. Marketing talk.
    Not sure if you remember, but there was SO MANY complaining about MoP dailies back in the days. How many we had to do in order to grind rep. Ironic that people look fondly at them right now. We got dailies back in 8.3, they were panned hard. Meanwhile I do w/e WQ's I want depending on the reward, after getting rid of that "MUST-DO-EVERYTHING" mentality.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-16 at 01:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved MoP dailies back in MoP and still love them. I think people who like world quests are people who hate actually doing world content so they want a fast and easy way to get that content out of the way and still get the rewards by moving all the rep and worthwhile rewards in the emissary. So World quests are not about getting people out in the world, it's about getting them in and out as fast as they can.
    Thats my issue with world quests, they are very small in whats offered and thats it, I want more to do and yes its cause I am enjoying myself. I wouldn't be suggesting more if I was like "No I don't like this."

I never minded dailies although they were more focused on hubs so I think they are almost a younger brother of World quests. Someone is gonna hate me for enjoying dailies and world quests and wanting more but... yeah

used to it.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved MoP dailies back in MoP and still love them. I think people who like world quests are people who hate actually doing world content so they want a fast and easy way to get that content out of the way and still get the rewards by moving all the rep and worthwhile rewards in the emissary. So World quests are not about getting people out in the world, it's about getting them in and out as fast as they can.
    Liking "fast and easy" doesn't automatically mean they hate the entire thing. Main thing about WQ's is the fact that you don't have to visit any Q giver at all. It's simply a QoL improvement, not any "god pls let it be done already" way of thinking. Same thing I heard in Cata, when they introduced quest auto-completion and auto acquisition pop-ups. Some players immediately started screaming that it makes game too easy and it's dumbing it down. But there is nothing hard in going back and forth between Q givers and objectives. It's cumbersome. WQ's removed that annoyence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on. The people who look through the map for the 4 rare mob world quests they need to do the emissary are not people who like doing quests. They are people who want to get over it.
    So now they have the option to do so. Or maybe wont do them at all, plenty of my friends barely did any WQ's, simply because they didn't want to. And others, who want extra gold/ap/rep will do more. Don't see any problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    My problem is that the overall quality of the quests has dropped like crazy.
    I didn't really notice. Vast majority of WoW Quests are "loot x" or "kill x", and this is what we are getting. They tried to spice things up in Legion with Kirin Tor quests, but these were bugged af, so I'm glad the Tortollans went light on them. But I guess this WQ in SL may make some people happy :

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I'd simp for Sylvanas more than Nathanos NGL.
    Ok Nathanos Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is that the overall quality of the quests has dropped like crazy.
    It really hasn't, most world quests have been what you would expect since Legion. There's only so many types of quests you can give, all provided the fans actually like them.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    ...They don't break immersion, thats just how world quests work, without talking to a quest giver. If your immersion is that fragile....thats not Blizzard's problem. Again I don't mind the world quests in BFA unless its those puzzle ones that really push my stubborn brain(that leyline quest in Nazjatar I refuse to do...too difficult for me). the "problems" you describe about the azerite related quests seem like a personal dislike then actually being bad.

As I said, there's not that many World quests that annoy me.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Rare mobs in particular are an issue. Most of them have no meaningful abilities (MoP rares almost all could one or two shot you even if you outleveled them, same with Zandalari Warscouts later on) except for poorly scaling and just being ganged by the players en masse. To add insult to injury, the quest announcements are often non-sensical and break immersion (a dangerous for nearby for a poor neutral beast that is just running around away from any settlement . . .). In BfA especially (it was not so bad in Legion), collect X/Y item quests can often be very silly (worse is probably the fur and feather collection quest in Tiragarde were you can kill numerous hedgehogs who apparently have no quills on them). Also the quests themselves can vary widely in time to complete; you need 4 for Champions of Azeroth but the time it takes to kill a rare or clean 5 wounds vs the time it takes to collect Azerite or kill Azerite elementals is vastly different (and the rare usually gave more Azerite as well). It's just a mess.
    You are looking waaaaay to hard into this. Illogical drops have been here since vanilla. You go kill demons for demon blood quest, yet every 3rd or 4th demon drops it. WQ's have nothing to do with it. And WQ's have different time to complete? So what? You can spent extra time traveling and pick those faster ones if you want. And Zandalari Warscouts were special case, not designed to be a daily that you can solo. And BfA rares could laso rek you, at the start of the xpac, we just over geared them. But then we had for example Nazjatar rares.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ehm the immersion break is not because you do not talk with a quest giver. It's because what the quest giver says often has nothing to do with the quest for cost saving reasons.
    "Champion! This vile creature is threatening our very EXISTENCE! Destroy it before it is too late!"

The vile creature:

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Even for a game this big, these two mindsets conflict in all aspects of it. Trying to cater to both will please nobody (as we see currently) and will only water down the experience. Just because a game is big does not mean it needs to cater to every type of player.

Games should have a vision - is the vision for WoW a competitive e-sport game or a magical world to explore with friends? It cannot be both, and the overlying vision should inform all faucets of gameplay. If people want to play a competitive game, then there are a whole host of other games out there for them to play.
    Agree, but I think WoW does have a vision, it is trying to be an E-sports game now, the MDI, the AWP, and the WF race(out of blizzards domain but they have gone down on record saying they do cater to try and make WF races more exciting)and to cater for the casuals they are making the game outside of the E-sports side, a collection/achievement game for people to collect pets, transmogs mounts and achievement points.
    So WoW is an E-sports/collection game hybrid. IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Nathanos is only bad cause he really doesn't do much to the support the narrative outside of "Oh, he likes Sylvanas and will do anything for her, etc etc". It's boring. Sure, him antagonizing the player worked, but he himself has done nothing to support that shit talk outside of being a goon for...well...Sylvanas.

I already expressed my dislike for Nathanos' death (Which isn't the death itself, really. More like the fact that Tyrande just happens to be...there when she does it, even though she herself isn't in the fight). If Nathanos is going to be in the Maw anyways, why need a fully rendered Cinematic showcasing a false death that Tyrande will probably repeat (Or not? Depends how Blizzard handles this situation) a couple patches down SL?
    Would be cool if Tyrande didn't just kill his body but also somehow destroyed his soul. That way Sylvanas would be pissed off even more and we all know Blightcaller is gone for good.

Question is if Danuser is able to let that happen to his precious self insert.

Also, Out of all characters, Tyrande is most deserving to appear in a cinematic. During BFA she was only in 1 (1!!) cinematic for exactly 6 seconds. They didn't even bother to make a proper cinematic for her ascension into the Night Warrior.
    Last edited by Moonrage; 2020-08-16 at 02:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ehm the immersion break is not because you do not talk with a quest giver. It's because what the quest giver says often has nothing to do with the quest for cost saving reasons.

I'll give you one example. Fathom Ray Feast in Nazjatar. Toki tells you to seize those supplies (how did Toki get to Nazjatar btw?) Quest asks you to kill manta rays for meat. Half the manta rays in the area do not count, the meat drop rate is abysmal and the meat uses a cooked meat icon (Because manta rays actually dropped pre-grilled kebabs when they die).
    Low effort.
    And again, low drop rates for q items been here since vanilla. WQ's did nothing to them. And questioning NPC presence? Really? But ok, he is Torollan, race that wanders around the world and collects artifacts. Is it so weird he used the occasion of ocean being split to go to the ruins of one of the oldest civilizations on Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Agree, but I think WoW does have a vision, it is trying to be an E-sports game now, the MDI, the AWP, and the WF race(out of blizzards domain but they have gone down on record saying they do cater to try and make WF races more exciting)and to cater for the casuals they are making the game outside of the E-sports side, a collection/achievement game for people to collect pets, transmogs mounts and achievement points.
    So WoW is an E-sports/collection game hybrid. IMO of course.
    ..I don't think you can say anything outside of high end competition=casual. Someone could play everyday and not be in that type of stuff, again I think perception of casual hardcore is...just warped.

I'll give you one example. Fathom Ray Feast in Nazjatar. Toki tells you to seize those supplies (how did Toki get to Nazjatar btw?) Quest asks you to kill manta rays for meat. Half the manta rays in the area do not count, the meat drop rate is abysmal and the meat uses a cooked meat icon (Because manta rays actually dropped pre-grilled kebabs when they die).
    That really immersion breaks for you when its clearly game mechanic when said meat doesn't drop.

Question is if Danuser is able to let that happen to his precious self insert.
    The way you Danuser derangement people talk, he'd never die by us players. Good grief.

Warrior-Magi

Sylvanas would not be pissed because she doesn't care for Nathanos. She thinks of him as a tool and lately he has been incompetent so she doesn't care for him, at least per the novel.
    I haven't read the novel (because it isn't available here yet ehe). Does she really state she doesn't care for Nathanos in the novel?