The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Know what would be interesting? If we found out the Legion had plans to invade the Shadowlands and THAT'S why the scene was reused.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks aggressively unlike Maldraxxus.
    That looks like Tanaan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    What if the events that occurred here took place during our assault at Antorus? That would be ironic as fuck.
    The implications are kind of astounding, because that means Maldraxxus sends agents into the world of the living to literally safeguard the world of the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk=52618117
    Now that I see this one it does look very different.
    I guess it might just be a bit of creative license though, and this is just an area that we just don't see in the game. Wouldnt be the first time something looks different from the game.
    Yeah, it's definitely different looking, so I'm pretty curious about what this is gonna lead to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That looks like Tanaan.
    I was thinking the same thing, it looks like Draenor more than Maldraxxus.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    The implications are kind of astounding, because that means Maldraxxus sends agents into the world of the living to literally safeguard the world of the dead.

Yeah, it's definitely different looking, so I'm pretty curious about what this is gonna lead to.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking the same thing, it looks like Draenor more than Maldraxxus.
    I wouldnt assume it will lead to much of anything.
    Either it is an artifact of Blizzard reusing an old animation, or they are not giving loads of thought to showing areas with vegation in them. As I mentioned above I am pretty confident there were areas of Maldraxxus shown to have vegetation in it, so it could simply be the developers stretching that area out. Zones are definitely larger than they appeared ingame, so if there is a couple trees in one area it wouldnt be a stretch to assume a theoretical realistic depiction of the zone would have a small forest there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

While that first shot of the guards is definitely reused and edited, the fact that they added another shot that reiterates they are felguards (and not Maldraxxi) can't possibly be an error... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wouldnt assume it will lead to much of anything.
    Either it is an artifact of Blizzard reusing an old animation, or they are not giving loads of thought to showing areas with vegation in them. As I mentioned above I am pretty confident there were areas of Maldraxxus shown to have vegetation in it, so it could simply be the developers stretching that area out. Zones are definitely larger than they appeared ingame, so if there is a couple trees in one area it wouldnt be a stretch to assume a theoretical realistic depiction of the zone would have a small forest there.
    Or that Maldraxxus looked a lot different before we got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    While that first shot of the guards is definitely reused and edited, the fact that they added another shot that reiterates they are felguards (and not Maldraxxi) can't possibly be an error... right?
    Probably just wanted to keep it consistent if they did reuse the shot for the sake of saving time

I really do'nt think it's necessary to try and come up for lore justifications for a very blatant, lazy and inconsiderate reuse of art assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I really do'nt think it's necessary to try and come up for lore justifications for a very blatant, lazy and inconsiderate reuse of art assets.
    I highly doubt anyone cares, really.

Anyone have a clue what this is a map of? It's not Maldraxxus since it has a river running through the zone.

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    It's just weird that they reused it. Most likely is that they're lazy but it's also kind of weird they doubled down on that second shot.

While it is lazy to have reused it, the rest of that scene is new, right?

Could be explained away either way though. Laziness/taking a shortcut and just copy/pasting a shot because it worked, or there's an actual reason behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Maldraxxus is supposed to be the defenders of the Shadowlands. We've seen there's been attempts to invade by the Light and the Void, so it's possible (probable, even) that demons also have tried to invade it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why? Why can it not just require a fuckton of grinding? Why do you want to strip the power from one playstyle to serve another one?
    I agree, just proposing a solution if the dealbreaker is that raiding isnt required. I am definitely on the train that those who are dedicated to grinding should be allowed to craft good gear. Though I am a bit iffy on it if it means we end up in the same situation as BfA, where the best option was pretty much always having at least one profession that can craft gear for you. JC in particular always gave a really, really good ring because of the guaranteed socket and stats. Other crafting professions gave you items that were also close to BiS because of the socket and good stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    While it is lazy to have reused it, the rest of that scene is new, right?

Could be explained away either way though. Laziness/taking a shortcut and just copy/pasting a shot because it worked, or there's an actual reason behind it.
    I would imagine the most likely reason is because the models already look similar enough that it doesnt matter. It isnt like they are prominently shown in such a way as to make it obvious they are Felguards and not the Maldraxxus axe warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I mean Maldraxxus is supposed to be the defenders of the Shadowlands. We've seen there's been attempts to invade by the Light and the Void, so it's possible (probable, even) that demons also have tried to invade it at some point.
    That is true too, which coupled with the fact that Maldraxxus has a seeming penchant for surgically creating perfect warriors from bits of others could just mean that they took some felguard pieces that were lying around since then and remade them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I mean it wouldn't surprise me. They had to get into the Shadowlands somehow but who knows.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I actually understand it now. It's just Undead Draka sneaking into some Legion world to get some information.

People are confused because the cinematic does a poor job of explaining Maldraxxus: they AREN'T at war with each other (normally) and the House of Eyes is the spy house. Also with so many people of the mind that people can't leave the Shadowlands (besides spirit healers) it makes people think that scene with the Legion world is Maldraxxus instead of somewhere else. The similar green color scheme of Maldraxxus and the jungle world, and design of the felguards doesn't help.

Reusing the art is shitty though.

surely just giving an artist 10 minutes to get rid of those felguards wouldn't have been that difficult of a thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    surely just giving an artist 10 minutes to get rid of those felguards wouldn't have been that difficult of a thing to do?
    No, they're supposed to be Felguards, it's a Legion base. What they should've done is change the pose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of Maldraxxus dudes use same rig as Felguards, Margrave Krexus being one of them, so this is really nothing weird:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I actually understand it now. It's just Undead Draka sneaking into some Legion world to get some information.

People are confused because the cinematic does a poor job of explaining Maldraxxus: they AREN'T at war with each other (normally) and the House of Eyes is the spy house. Also with so many people of the mind that people can't leave the Shadowlands (besides spirit healers) it makes people think that scene with the Legion world is Maldraxxus instead of somewhere else. The similar green color scheme of Maldraxxus and the jungle world, and design of the felguards doesn't help.

Reusing the art is shitty though.
    Yeah I think it's supposed to be a legion world. If maldraxxus is the military branch of the shadowlands, and we know for a fact that there have been military incursions by the light and void into the shadowlands, it stands to reason that the shadowlands need their military to fight off the other cosmic forces. And I doubt they'd just play defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they're supposed to be Felguards, it's a Legion base. What they should've done is change the pose.
    I think people just point out that the reuse felt super cheap there and I, frankly, agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Anyone have a clue what this is a map of? It's not Maldraxxus since it has a river running through the zone.
    With the river leading into a big pond and leaving again to venture into the sea and the islands to the west it looks a lot like vanilla Stranglethorn Valley