1. #60641
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I don't think Anduin and Baine are equal at all tbh. Also, the Jailer isn't really a "titan". He's his own guy. I DO hope the bearded form is his fully released power, however. That would be cool asf to see.

    Also, why would anything be relating to the Titans if the First One's are the talk of the town now? Even among the top Gods of the WoW Cosmology? Hell, the Arbiter predates even the Titan Pantheon itself, yet she and the Brokers seem to know about talk a lot about these "First Ones". High chance the First Ones of the top gods in ALL the Warcraft verse. Reigning above the Top Gods of each Cosmology.

    - - - Updated - - -

    High chance Anduin is just there cause he's a threat (He is the Alliance leader, afterall), or he's connected to something relating to either the First Ones, or the Light/Shadow shit. Similar to how we Players are connected someway, somehow, to almost every Cosmic power we interact with in WoW. LMAO
    Are you saying Anduin is stronger, or Baine is stronger? Because there's not much to go on. Everyone thinks Anduin is a crappy leader & he's a priest, and Baine is a Paladin. They're about the same, but Anduin is valuable to the Jailer but Baine is "worthless?" Their race is really the only thing that makes them different on an existential level.

    Also, so much of this stuff we have no information on, if they don't start connecting it to stuff we already have a frame of reference for a lot people are going to be lost in this story. But what I'm going on is that the First One's aesthetic is reminiscent of the Titan's aesthetic, though not quite the same. Are the first ones the first dead? The first dead would be those unborn titans who were killed by old gods before the Titans got to them. Similar to Titans but not quite.

  2. #60642
    Old God HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    10,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Are you saying Anduin is stronger, or Baine is stronger? Because there's not much to go on. Everyone thinks Anduin is a crappy leader & he's a priest, and Baine is a Paladin. They're about the same, but Anduin is valuable to the Jailer but Baine is "worthless?" Their race is really the only thing that makes them different on an existential level.

    Also, so much of this stuff we have no information on, if they don't start connecting it to stuff we already have a frame of reference for a lot people are going to be lost in this story. But what I'm going on is that the First One's aesthetic is reminiscent of the Titan's aesthetic, though not quite the same. Are the first ones the first dead? The first dead would be those unborn titans who were killed by old gods before the Titans got to them. Similar to Titans but not quite.
    There's talk about "Titan homeworlds" and all, which could be stuff relating to the Shadowlands soon. But that's it. Also...

    The Pantheon of Death are the first ones dead. Their realm was created because they were the first mortal dead to warp and create such a state. However, killing them does not mean the destruction of the area they made.

    "The first dead would be those unborn titans who were killed by old gods before the Titans got to them. Similar to Titans but not quite." Titans go to their own realm. Otherwise, Argus would be in the Maw.

    "Baine is a Paladin." He's a Warrior. "Everyone thinks Anduin is a crappy leader" Who? You mean the guys that don't even know the lore of BFA? Come on now. Anduin fucking won the War, and brought the Alliance and Horde to an Armistice.

    "But what I'm going on is that the First One's aesthetic is reminiscent of the Titan's aesthetic" No they're not. Anduin legit stated in the Maw starting experience that he's studied Titan artifacts before with Bran, but he's NEVER seen anything like the First One's Relic before. The Seat of the Pantheon doesn't even look similar either.

    Also note that the First One's relic has an Infinite Symbol on it, but just flipped. Kinda gives off more of a clue, tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean the Login/Music has to come SOON. They're running out of time to avoid just running out the BFA login again.
    It's gonna come next build. The loading screen and credits update should be a hint, I would think. Means they're working on the login stuff rn.

  3. #60643
    So... First I tried leveling, but the main story quest bugged out and I couldn't accept the next one. Okay, beta is beta, reported and tried making a level 60 character. Joined Night Fae, almost died laughing at the theater quest, used a flight path and then... this happened:



    I'm sharing this one, because it's funny
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-03 at 05:33 AM.

  4. #60644
    Epic! Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    1,601
    PTR is quite laggy right now. Also, there's a lot of people testing their new abilities on target dummies lol

    New to Mafia, sorry if I mess up!
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

  5. #60645
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    So... First I tried leveling, but the main story quest bugged out and I couldn't accept the next one. Okay, beta is beta, reported and tried making a level 60 character. Joined Night Fae, almost died laughing at the theater quest, used a flight path and then... this happened:

    https://i.postimg.cc/52vkdrtq/Beta-Screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG]

    I'm sharing this one, because it's funny
    Seems totally normal to me. :P
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  6. #60646
    Around what time would we get the Maldraxxus Afterlives short?

  7. #60647
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    men bad, women good
    Yeah, eh. Certainly put a sarcastic smile on my face, that screen.

  8. #60648
    looks like Anduin and Taelia got close, most likely there will be a comic.

  9. #60649
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If you remember that the early concept art of the Jailer looking very Titan-esque, I think that's still canon. His clothing & beard just burned off. Because the Jailer keeps Anduin but says Baine is "worthless" to him. Anduin & Baine are about equal in power, but the way they differ is that Anduin is the descendant of a Titan construct & Baine is not. So I think this has something to do with the Titans, only indirectly.
    No, that's just what you think is the connection. Could be something completely unrelated, like Anduin's Light/Void connection.

  10. #60650
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's just what you think is the connection. Could be something completely unrelated, like Anduin's Light/Void connection.
    no, he's a jailer and all jailers love sweet boys

  11. #60651
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    no, he's a jailer and all jailers love sweet boys
    Well, that too. But being a Titanic descendant isn't really a particularly notable feature of Anduin, there'd be better picks for that.

  12. #60652
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    men bad, women good
    Haha, so true
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  13. #60653
    Old God Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    10,650
    Is the PTR updated at the same time as a new beta build comes out?

  14. #60654
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is the PTR updated at the same time as a new beta build comes out?
    They're usually in sync in the later stages, yeah. Have been in sync the last few builds.

  15. #60655
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It really is just a switch these days (since Legion?) from the PTR to the Beta version eh?
    Well at some point they realized they don't need to re-download assets across 500 WoW installations you have.

    When I "downloaded" my Shlands Beta - it basically copied 90% of stuff from retail and then added a bit on top of that.

  16. #60656
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I figured that there is no need to test the leveling experience this late. So are there still bugs to be reported in leveling?
    It's weird for me to judge, because I used to do some modding in another game and I was a horrible perfectionist, so I conditioned myself to treat little things like a character not rotating properly or quest dialogue not disclosing rewards get as bugs, even though most people would just interpret it as lack of polish. There was quite a bit of that. I didn't report most of it, because I don't want them to kick me out for being overzelous (lol), but personally I think leveling could use a polishing pass.

    As for actual bugs - yes, I've seen a couple small ones like some voiceover repeating itself or a clickable object not appearing when it should. And of course the big one where I "didn't meet cryteria" for the main story quest and wasn't able to progress. That said, I didn't really do much, because I got stuck like halfway through the second chapter of Bastion, so I can't really say.

    So what are my overall impressions? Yes, there are a few bugs and personally I think it needs some polish (or I need something for my OCD), but it wasn't bad. What worries me is that the quest I got stucked on supposedly (according to zone chat) was working fine in the previous build, so apparently there's still potential that things will break, which means that yes, leveling still needs testing.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-03 at 11:07 AM.

  17. #60657
    In a nutshell, this is what I had in mind


  18. #60658
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    In a nutshell, this is what I had in mind

    Care to elaborate?

  19. #60659
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    oh my guy...I can only elaborate so much. Basically, new factions, new races, new classes revamped world/zones, improved systems such as the talents, and more...

  20. #60660
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    oh my guy...I can only elaborate so much. Basically, new factions, new races, new classes revamped world/zones, improved systems such as the talents, and more...
    But what has this to do with anything?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •