10+ Year Old Account
    6.2 to Legion took 435 days

8.3 to Shadowlands is 286 days or 287 days.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    6.2 to Legion took 435 days

8.3 to Shadowlands is 286 days or 287 days.
    Yes but to be fair, 2020 has lasted approximately 15 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    15 years? It has been half a century at least. I’m using a cane now.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Shadowlands is factually the longest any WoW expansion has taken...

Your 2 cents isn't even worth that much...
    Why do you people ignore or forget that Legion was actively being developed alongside WoD. Legion took nearly 4 years. No it wasn't in conception phases or pre development. World building, items, quests for Order Halls and the like was happening when world building, items, Garrison stuffs and the like were being developed.

They talked about this openly. They dou less their staff just prior for this reason. Had issues getting new hires up to speed, which hurt WoD development, hence the cuts. But they needed the extra time for the OH campaigns and all the artifact stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    They're just driving it home how bad Sylvanas and her loyalists are now

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317869/...ands-pre-patch

Her banner is fallen in the prepatch Argent grounds. All others remain standing.

I already see a post , "a ghoul must've pushed it over"
    I'm curious what will happen with their flags and banners in general. It kinda seems like they should get a new crest, since the current one is entirely themed around Sylvanas and her dark rangers.

2021 is gonna make 2020 look like 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You have no idea how right you are.

you really do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, but I'm in denial about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I'm in denial about that.

You're wrong

I hope
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're wrong

I hope
    I haven't had a great track record this week so I probably am.

That's hardly Blizzard's fault, though.

Nice little interaction. I think these "Stay awhile and listen" have been a great addition to WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I mean...if you wanna talk about that, they also slapped Emerald Dream into Legion with Valsharah and the raid about it. They tried to just hand wave it away. I'm hoping they won't abandon these stories in the future but the fact that they just kind of threw it into there doesn't bode well for future expansions.
    I do feel like blizzard have wasted some pretty cool areas that could have been used better. The emerald dream, Nazjatar, Mechagon, Nyalotha all wasted in just 2 expansion, the latter 3 coming in BFA, also I believe Zuldazar and Kul tiras were wasted too an extent.
    Nyalotha was the biggest let down for me out of those.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's hardly Blizzard's fault, though.
    As far as we know
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I do feel like blizzard have wasted some pretty cool areas that could have been used better. The emerald dream, Nazjatar, Mechagon, Nyalotha all wasted in just 2 expansion, the latter 3 coming in BFA, also I believe Zuldazar and Kul tiras were wasted too an extent.
    I think Mechagon was fine as a small area. I mean, it's just a tiny island. But yeah, putting Zuldazar and Kul Tiras in the same expansion feels like it's limiting the experience. Nazjatar could have been it's own expansion, Emerald Dream could have been it's own expansion, Nyalotha I think works as a zone/raid but there definitely could have been a Black Empire expansion with Nyalotha as like the end game Tanaan area.

I don't necessarily think that they'll never come back to these areas in future expansions but I also think if they did that, there would be some bad feedback for "reusing" areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Zandalar and KT being small continents was pretty much the maximum they warranted. KT wasn't supposed to be anything besides a pretty small mountainous island with a city state on it, and Zandalar was supposed to be mostly sunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=74&v=zjzJ9rtqXYI&feature=emb_title
    Nice little interaction. I think these "Stay awhile and listen" have been a great addition to WoW.
    Agreed. Anything that comes with voice acting tends to be nice for world building and this implementation is nice compared to the random event triggers that they started using in legion, which often play at unopportune moments when you miss most of it.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as we know

I think Mechagon was fine as a small area. I mean, it's just a tiny island.
    I think they used it deliberately as part of the side show of a patch because the theme is very .. draining in a high fantasy setting to begin with. That being said, after suramar the way the city porper was handled was extremely underwhelming. They were there for generations so I would have expected a way larger city with more build up when it comes to infiltrating the city itself, before we dethrone mechagon. But they kinda blew(dripped) their whole load on the dungeon. At the end of the day it also suffers from "story done, yet we still occupy mostly the rebel base" issues as well which is kinda terrible for immersion and always has been.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think they used it deliberately as part of the side show of a patch because the theme is very .. draining in a high fantasy setting to begin with. That being said, after suramar the way the city porper was handled was extremely underwhelming. They were there for generations so I would have expected a way larger city with more build up when it comes to infiltrating the city itself, before we dethrone mechagon. But they kinda blew(dripped) their whole load on the dungeon. At the end of the day it also suffers from "story done, yet we still occupy mostly the rebel base" issues as well which is kinda terrible for immersion and always has been.
    I don't feel like there was enough of a story for Mechagon for a full expansion but on Suramar, I agree. I understand not wasting all your resources to create an entire city but at the same time...I don't think anyone would have been upset about that either.

I don't feel like there was enough of a story for Mechagon for a full expansion but on Suramar, I agree. I understand not wasting all your resources to create an entire city but at the same time...I don't think anyone would have been upset about that either.
    Oh no, clearly a full expansion would be way too much, but it wasn't even the main attraction of a patch. It was the side dish next to nazjatar. And fankly Karazhan > mechagon as well, as far as mega dungeons go . It wasn't bad and I thank <insert random deity> for every workshop key we get, but it could have been more.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, clearly a full expansion would be way too much, but it wasn't even the main attraction of a patch. It was the side dish next to nazjatar. And fankly Karazhan > mechagon as well, as far as mega dungeons go . It wasn't bad and I thank <insert random deity> for every workshop key we get, but it could have been more.
    Shoulda gone all out, yeah 2 extra months of BFA to develop SL but..more stuff is nice. I like stuff.

Warrior-Magi

Mechagon did a lot of things right but it definitely needed more. You're right about it being the side dish to the main course, but even then I enjoyed Mechagon and spent WAY more time there than I did in Nazjatar. Which is sad because I was so hyped for Nazjatar.

Ready for Music and Login Screen this week....

... Also ready to be disappointed cause it doesn't happen.