Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Garrosh has no god damn excuse, his character arc isn't like Arthas. Garrosh still had his soul when he started doing the real bad stuff.
    Arthas has his soul untouched when he committed genocide

Arthas was pampered

He had a huge ego same as Garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Garrosh has no god damn excuse, his character arc isn't like Arthas. Garrosh still had his soul when he started doing the real bad stuff.
    I think you can say there are some parallels at least. Put a person with a few serious flaws into an unexpected position of power, make them see themselves as powerless in the face of their enemies and you get some people pushing everything over the edge by trying to stay on top of things.
    In Arthas's case it was his job with investigating the 'strange disease' and on that jouney being the person in command of the forces, being confronted with an impossible foe and his allies turning away from him, in Garrosh's case it was being made Warchief (against his own wishes, he told Thrall that he didn't think he was up to the task!), then being thrown right into a Twilight Hammer plot and a war with the Alliance, while getting yelled at and threatened by the ones who were supposed to help and advise him.
    Don't get me wrong, I hated Garrosh all through WotLK, Cata and MoP, but with better odds, more time and actual guidance from his peers he could have been turned around. With Arthas I think he would have turned out ok as a king by himself if not for the circumstances with the Scourge and the dreadlord.

my theory for legendaries is you wont be able to equip 2 of them
    but instead you will be able to put multiple effects on one item

they show up in listed form just like azerite powers do
    so i think this will make the legendary armor slot restriction very meaningful on which legendaries you can double up on

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    my theory for legendaries is you wont be able to equip 2 of them
    but instead you will be able to put multiple effects on one item

they show up in listed form just like azerite powers do
    so i think this will make the legendary armor slot restriction very meaningful on which legendaries you can double up on
    It does seem like we're likely to get additional legendary capability as the expansion progresses, and putting the effects on a single slot is a good way to allow other slots to continue to progress.

I'm curious what will happen to the item proper. If you slot Misshapen Mirror and (just as an example) Sephuz's Proclamation onto a chest piece, what item does it produce? [Misshapen Mirror] with Sephuz's effect also on it? [Sephuz's Proclamation] with the Mirror's effect on it? [Misshapen Mirror of Proclamation] with both?

I would imagine that the first change that might come to Legendary crafting might be to allow two effects, but only if they are from different types. So no two effects that increase throughput or two utility ones, but rather one throughput and one utility.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So when is the bloody pre patch? We didn't get a 2 weeks notice this week, unless we count the email they sent as such?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I told you, 6th October is not out of picture yet. Main argument pro 29th September is last minute boost for Q3 subs (and it's strong argument).

"It's always 4 weeks" is weak one, for example in (modern) WoW gap between launch and raid was "always 3 weeks", now it's 2. This pre-patch has really short story and not that many content, we could easily have 1 week for class changes + 2 weeks for event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I told you, 6th October is not out of picture yet. Main argument pro 29th September is last minute boost for Q3 subs (and it's strong argument).

"It's always 4 weeks" is weak one, for example in (modern) WoW gap between launch and raid was "always 3 weeks", now it's 2. This pre-patch has really short story and not that many content, we could easily have 1 week for class changes + 2 weeks for event.
    I would say that that the 4 weeks argument also considers that amount of time to be a perfect length for a limited time event like this. Especially when the content is staggered. The last thing you would want is to have it be 2 weeks or whatever and some players are busy during that time, 2 weeks is the kind of time where someone might have their computer broken, or are going on a vacation or something. With 4 weeks you can reasonably expect everyone that wants it to make at least an hour or something to see what is up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say that that the 4 weeks argument also considers that amount of time to be a perfect length for a limited time event like this. Especially when the content is staggered. The last thing you would want is to have it be 2 weeks or whatever and some players are busy during that time, 2 weeks is the kind of time where someone might have their computer broken, or are going on a vacation or something. With 4 weeks you can reasonably expect everyone that wants it to make at least an hour or something to see what is up.
    But, but as I said, amount of content in SL pre-patch in even smaller than BfA. Main hook is new leveling (that is again - very fast). You could literally subscribe weekend before expac, start new character, level to 50, gear up ~100, get all stuff from pre-patch before expac launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    But, but as I said, amount of content in SL pre-patch in even smaller than BfA. Main hook is new leveling (that is again - very fast). You could literally subscribe weekend before expac, start new character, level to 50, gear up ~100, get all stuff from pre-patch before expac launch.
    There is actually more stuff in this one than there was in BfA. For that one there was really only the mount and quests, for the Shadowlands one there are unique armor pieces, pets and a few unique items from the Icecrown rares like an unused tint of the Bone axe and a 34 slot bag.

4 weeks is not the time needed for most players to do it, it is the time that takes in account both the fact that we are supposedly getting 1 week of only system changes, and also the fact that everyone should have the opportunity to try the content at their own pace without having ot stress if they have ot go out of town or their computer breaks and has to go to a repair shop for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    So when is the bloody pre patch? We didn't get a 2 weeks notice this week, unless we count the email they sent as such?
    I think it does in all honesty. I might be hoping for something that will not happen, but if we look at the email, despite the content being the HC and Mythic mounts, the title reads and I quote:

"Now is your last chance to get Battle for Azeroth Rewards"

BFA Rewards = Pve AND PVP.

They could have very well said: "Now is your last chance to get the Nyalotha mounts!", but they were very broad on the title, basicly saying "Anything tied to bfa that is going away, get it now or miss it!"

I know, I know, there's 99% chance I'm wrong, but I'm just tired of corruptions and what not and can't wait for the content to kick in! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon Nathreza to being in the Shadowlands or the Maw itself honestly.
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...erforged-armor

when i was doing torghast on beta there was an interesting item
    the walking armor creatures are reffered to as "netherforged"

9.3 netherforging confirmed
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-09-19 at 12:11 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anyway I can test the leveling on beta? Only have access to Torghast realm and premades are level 60.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Is there anyway I can test the leveling on beta? Only have access to Torghast realm and premades are level 60.
    Copy one of your characters or use a premade on the other realms^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

youll have to copy your live char

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Copy one of your characters or use a premade on the other realms^^
    Don't have access to other realms, char copy seems to be messed up aswell since it keeps failing.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Don't have access to other realms, char copy seems to be messed up aswell since it keeps failing.
    So its not just me then, when I got access I only could use Tourghast. Cant post in the forums either. Real weird

If I may suggest one small edit to your signature?

THE HORDE WILL ENDURE, THE HORDE IS STRONK!

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    That has to be trolling lol