Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Calling it now

After shadowlands the “covenant” style system becomes common in the story

We devote ourselves to take on the power of 1 titan and use it to fight the Jailer’s forces

I hope we do dragons next
    This makes me rock hard as long as they learn to separate it from player power.

Different playthrough campaigns and different little bonuses (nothing more extreme than Class Order Hall perks) are a good idea.

"We gain the power of a TITAN! WOW!!!"

Bruh, didn't we do that in BFA, or in 7.3 during the Argus fight? Not like it would matter anyway, considering we're beyond Titan level in SL. Hell, remember when people thought Me'dan was busted? Yeah, we surpassed him LONG ago. Even before MoP.

Calling it now

We devote ourselves to take on the power of 1 titan and use it to fight the Jailer’s forces

Path of the titans, eh?

Wasn't that basically what Path of the Titans (Glyphs) were going to be? You'd pick a Titan path to follow and be powered by them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

Bruh, didn't we do that in BFA, or in 7.3 during the Argus fight? Not like it would matter anyway, considering we're beyond Titan level in SL. Hell, remember when people thought Me'dan was busted? Yeah, we surpassed him LONG ago. Even before MoP.
    Buffs don't count and Argus was "born" premature. The path of the titans idea via covanent isn't a bad idea so long as they separate the player power(I know I said 9.0 covanents are not a big deal but separating of player power is the ideal). Someone wants to basically be a psuedo harbinger of Aggramar or be a acolyte of Eonar...why not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Calling it now

Dragons lost their power in Cata no?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    "We returned to the Dragon Isles to find...uh...the Dragon Core. A special contingency that (insert dergin) had hidden from us. It stored a portion of our power similar to the Dragon Soul, and it can recreate before we became mortals.

Also a wizard did it."

I can write for Blizzard, guys!

Looks like they finally readded the facial rigging bones back to humans orcs mechagnomes nightborne and void elves. Was bummed out when they removed that, so glad to see different facial expressions were added back!

Still no Void Elf underwear update.

we didnt
    and we didnt

in bfa the necklace let us "tap into" azerite gear and essences
    in 7.3 titans helped us

Me'dan is still broken. The dude essentially had the power of the night warrior but on speed because he one shot an almost fully released cthun

3+ Year Old Account
    What if we don't get to see a Jailer cinematic until the end of Shadowlands?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    so heres my thought with the dragons

while they technically lost a vast majority of their power we have seen they all have some form of titanic essence left via the 8.2 quests

bronze daddy is still MiA and what better way to introduce the infinite (yeah yall remember those badasses) than by showing an alternate infinite dragonflight caused by us stopping the hour of twilight and thus stopping the death Nozdormu saw.

The dragon isles are a thing that has been hinted at all expansion and we even got some dragon looking gear via island expedition and the mail set i believe called dragon rider gear

so we go to the dragon isles and help re-establish order because the black dragons still have their power and we have to deal with the fact chromatic and twilight dragons exist and the fact most of teh original aspects are gone so in the time skip (blizz tries to hide it but we are going to have a time skip) a war breaks out and we come back and do the whole "pledge yourself to a flight" thing which by 9.1 will probably have them design it around no player power attached to it (honestly the art and story team have carried the class design team for a long ass time) and by the end of everything BOOM we are dragonsworn

also a new class definitely fits possibly 2 due to the repercussions of SL
    one possibly a necromancer
    the other definitely a hero class dragon knight with an intro similar to demon hunters which helps fill in gaps during the time skip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    honestly im ok with it

i have become so disappointed with how they handle big bads i dont care about seeing Zorval until the end where we magically kick his ass....unless we lose which is what i want

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Then Shadowlands is free.

So, leveling aside, what is everyone planning to do when 9.0 finally rolls around? My list is...

Finally unlocking Kul Tirans (& leveling one)
    Opting into the New Player mentoring thingy.
    Buying the BfA PvP transmog sets as they're added to the vendors.
    Finalizing my Arms & Fury UI's for raiding in SL.
    Deciding on what to alt after Warrior/Druid. Thinking maybe DK!

Other than that, just play the game, really.

we didnt
    and we didnt

in bfa the necklace let us "tap into" azerite gear and essences
    in 7.3 titans helped us

Me'dan is still broken. The dude essentially had the power of the night warrior but on speed because he one shot an almost fully released cthun
    Uhm, we're legit told that the Heart of Azeroth gave us Azeroth's power herself. And yes, the Titan's did aid us, and they also EMPOWERED us. There's a reason why the "titanforging" thing, as well as the whole "Avatar of Aggramar" mechanic exists.

And no, Med'an isn't broken at all. He defeated Cho'gall, but he did not "one shot" a near fully released C'Thun. Also, mind you, Classic WoW Players wielded Atiesh as well, which was basically the power Med'an wielded, though without the guardian amps and shit.

As I said before, however, us beating N'Zoth, Archimonde, KJ, Argus, and guys that are literally Titan Level (And BEYOND) in SL only proves the fact that we're stronger than Med'an by a long shot. Hell, we fucked over Cho'gall without the need of some artifacts in the Cataclysm. And Cho'gall was N'Zoth amp'd during that fight.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason people hated Med'an was because he was literally "the chosen one" of the WoW Novel, which was something almost everyone hated. Why do you think people hate the scaling in the Canon? It-

A. Amps up every fucking character to absurd levels of power.

B. Basically makes the Player Characters the "all mighty chosen ones", which gets incredibly boring and predictable every once in awhile.

And C. Is completely inconsistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, literally, remember when the KJ couldn't hold a candle to KJ? Now SL is making the SL this "agent of the Maw" that had the power to be a threat to the Shadowlands itself, which is absurdly OP. Quite possibly Titan levels of power, if not beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    So, leveling aside, what is everyone planning to do when 9.0 finally rolls around? My list is...

Finally unlocking Kul Tirans (& leveling one)
    Opting into the New Player mentoring thingy.
    Buying the BfA PvP transmog sets as they're added to the vendors.
    Finalizing my Arms & Fury UI's for raiding in SL.
    Deciding on what to alt after Warrior/Druid. Thinking maybe DK!

Other than that, just play the game, really.
    - Taking each alt to the barber shop and decide what redesigns they need
    - Spend the freebie max level character token to add something cool to my roster
    - Determine which classes I'm making my "first four" for Shadowlands (Druid, Monk, not sure after that)
    - Buying the BfA PvP transmog I don't have
    - Patch pre-expansion events
    - Bag/Bank cleanout
    - A couple raid runs on my Resto Druid to see what changes are there
    - Home/Work stuff so I can be ready for my WoW staycation (first time since MoP I've had one of a good length)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Like I said, I'm not saying they'd solely make it for the magazine. Just that there's been situations before where it's a little TV spot or something minor that gets a render (the post-Mists "bear in a hat" joke was a thing too).

Like I said, probably 99% a proper cinematic, possibly a series of them like Saurfang! I'm tempering myself for the 1% is all.
    Bear in a Hat was made using the assets they had from the intro cinematic. We have not seen the jailer model before, so there should be some unreleased cinematic that uses it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So that'll be the 9.1 reveal.
    Too late for 9.1 imo. 9.1 should be on the ptr at the very latest by the end of January? If 9.1 was just announced at the end of February that would be kinda bad. Unless 9.2 is the final patch launching in October 2021 with 10.0 coming out Summer 2022. If 10.0 was really ambitious and good, I would be okay with that. If its bog-standard expansion I would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't recall any magazine using a big CGI image like that before. Unless memory failed me.
    If memory fails you, you're still not recalling it, so the statement would be correct anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sounds about right for Coronavirus times.
    9.1 was released 4 months after BFA, and the raid was released 5 months after.

8.1 was announced a little over a month after BFA launched. Released 2.5 months later.

I'm guessing 9.1 will be announced in a stream in early January with ptr live that day. Release date 1.5 months later on February 23/24th.
    9.1.5 on ptr in mid-March released 1.5 months later on April 27th. Smaller-scale patch than 8.1.5.
    9.2 on ptr in early May released 2 months later on June 29th.
    9.2.5 on ptr late July and released 1.5 months later on September 7th.
    9.3 stream and ptr in mid October. Release date mid-January.
    10.0 reveal at Blizzon in November. Released September-November 2022.

Uhm, we're legit told that the Heart of Azeroth gave us Azeroth's power herself. And yes, the Titan's did aid us, and they also EMPOWERED us. There's a reason why the "titanforging" thing, as well as the whole "Avatar of Aggramar" mechanic exists.

And no, Med'an isn't broken at all. He defeated Cho'gall, but he did not "one shot" a near fully released C'Thun. Also, mind you, Classic WoW Players wielded Atiesh as well, which was basically the power Med'an wielded, though without the guardian amps and shit.

As I said before, however, us beating N'Zoth, Archimonde, KJ, Argus, and guys that are literally Titan Level (And BEYOND) in SL only proves the fact that we're stronger than Med'an by a long shot. Hell, we fucked over Cho'gall without the need of some artifacts in the Cataclysm. And Cho'gall was N'Zoth amp'd during that fight.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason people hated Med'an was because he was literally "the chosen one" of the WoW Novel, which was something almost everyone hated. Why do you think people hate the scaling in the Canon? It-

A. Amps up every fucking character to absurd levels of power.

B. Basically makes the Player Characters the "all mighty chosen ones", which gets incredibly boring and predictable every once in awhile.

And C. Is completely inconsistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, literally, remember when the KJ couldn't hold a candle to KJ? Now SL is making the SL this "agent of the Maw" that had the power to be a threat to the Shadowlands itself, which is absurdly OP. Quite possibly Titan levels of power, if not beyond that.
    Keep in mind that:
    N’zoth beat us. We were completely corrupted and only saved by Magni and Mother getting the Engine up in time.
    Archimonde was originally defeated by Wisps, not us. The 2nd time we faced him we had help from Khadgar, Yrel, and Grommash.
    KJ...see above with the help.
    Argus’ fight we, again, had help. This time from the Titans themselves.
    Cho’gal’s encounter was a party of individuals. Not a solitary endeavor like with Me’dan.
    Not trying to lessen your points, but I do want to point out some inconsistencies in that we are somehow lone saviors.

As to your next points:
    A). We’ve never really been amped up to absurd power levels. We, most of the time, always have assistance from powerful lore figures or thru an item that houses incredible power at the time.
    B). Yeah, we are the chosen ones, but only in the sense we have faced these dangers and come out alive. Regardless of the help we’ve had, we still persevere and are able to do things common NPCs can’t.
    C). Yes, I agree here. It can be inconsistent. Most of the time though, if you really pay attention, it has been pretty consistent. We are able to overcome quite a bit on our own; however, most fights that required assistance in the past (KJ for instance) require help in the latest version as well. So, either we become powerful just like the enemies we face, or we haven’t really gained much power in the grand scheme in comparison to what we’ve faced before.