Well, there was a tweet about the pre-patch - "Soon (tm). It'll be ready when it's ready" - that got deleted soon after being posted.

Bellular captured it, I don't think he'd fake a tweet, so I'm inclined to believe it. Anyway, source:
    https://twitter.com/BellularGaming/s...93153265152002

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I honestly think the Maw might get updated in 9.1. Its very bare, so maybe they are working on updating like Suramar. It wouldn't shock me for us to go attempt to deal with the Jailer in 8.1, him getting released and fucking off until 9.3. 9.1 and Torghast being the Nighthold of SL.

9.2 being a raid to tie up loose ends in the Shadowlands zones with the 9.3 raid happening on Azeroth.

I have no idea what 9.2 could be though.
    9.2 is obviously when we find out who is truly Shadowlands' final boss

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, supposedly there was an official tweet on the pre-patch - "Soon (tm). It'll be ready when it's ready" - that got deleted soon after being posted.

Bellular captured it, I don't think he'd openly fabricate a fake tweet, so:
    I'm surprised they realized what a PR disaster that would've been, so quickly.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, there was a tweet about the pre-patch - "Soon (tm). It'll be ready when it's ready" - that got deleted soon after being posted.

Bellular captured it, I don't think he'd fake a tweet, so I'm inclined to believe it. Anyway, source:
    That is the kind of tweet where if you think it's the 6th that confirms it. If you think it's delayed, that confirms it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I'm surprised they realized what a PR disaster that would've been, so quickly.
    He says SL needs more time but.... if he's insisting about the Covanent debate that won't happen and really SL can only be delated to November.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Shadowlands will not get delayed. Pre patch won't launch later than the 6th. That's some nonsensical tweet from a social media manager who has no idea of development, OBVIOUSLY. That's why it was deleted, because it's a clueless remark.

Blizzard don't keep their SM teams informed on how development is going, they just tell them what to tweet out and when.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That is the kind of tweet where if you think it's the 6th that confirms it. If you think it's delayed, that confirms it.
    I think the fact that someone found it appropriate to tease people like that suggests that the announcement is around the corner.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Shadowlands will not get delayed. Pre patch won't launch later than the 6th. That's some nonsensical tweet from a social media manager who has no idea of development, OBVIOUSLY. That's why it was deleted, because it's a clueless remark.

Blizzard don't keep their SM teams informed on how development is going, they just tell them what to tweet out and when.
    Just to play devil's advocate.

"Shadowlands is absolutely delayed now. They had a chance to commit to a date, or at least say something less generic than Soon (tm). The fact they chose that language tells me it's not next week, we're looking at the 13th at the earliest now."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    Quick question.... for SL i see specc swap is nosense, should i tell my friend monk, druid, pala, that if they wanna swap role it's better to level 3 of same class to be ready for SL?...... if i ask a healer to swap dps or a dps to swap tank, do they got 50% difference vs optimal main role (i read the 50% diff for dps with wrong covenant, conduits and leggendary)..... is it true???
    That is definitely not true.

Though there are some disparity between best and worst covenant much of the power from them comes from Conduits, for which you have 3 distinct soubinds that you can freely swap between.
    That being said you cannot access all of them at the beginning, so if oyu are wondering about the very beginning when the raid first opens then I guess it could be correct to say that there would be a pretty sizeable disparity between your various specs.

In the long run however you might as well just stick to one character per spec, the difference in throughput between them is fairly minimal, not to mention the lower gear drops meaning you will likely get lower results attempting ot gear 3 alts instead of focusing on a single one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think SL is gonna get delayed by a few months, not only is it fighting in the most stacked month of video game releases, but the expansion is clearly not ready, and I'm seeing a lot of support for the devs now saying that they don't mind if it gets delayed.
    Ofc there'll always be ppl that get ticked off by game delays but cannot please everyone, I think it is more important to launch a solid product

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I think SL is gonna get delayed by a few months, not only is it fighting in the most stacked month of video game releases, but the expansion is clearly not ready, and I'm seeing a lot of support for the devs now saying that they don't mind if it gets delayed.
    Ofc there'll always be ppl that get ticked off by game delays but cannot please everyone, I think it is more important to launch a solid product
    No thanks. I don't have the blood pressure to twiddle by thumbs and poke my nose with nothing to do in the disgusting pile of garbage that BfA is for several more MONTHS.

I don't care if it's not perfect at release or whatever, just bring in new content FINALLY. CBA second Tanaan jungle, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Aren't their social media being handled by their CMs? If so, they probably know when the patch is going to come out, if only due to having to prepare announcement blogs, patch notes and other public-facing articles before that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He says SL needs more time but.... if he's insisting about the Covanent debate that won't happen and really SL can only be delated to November.
    At this point delaying Shadowlands would only really serve to push the entire expansion back. Unless we were talking absolutely essential stuff like Tanaan in WoD, or something like Maldraxxus not having quests then that might have warranted a delay, but if it is just tuning, or even rotational or talent changes to classes then they are better off just pushing the expansion out the door and focussing on 9.1 instead.

That's a weird thing to say.

I mean...if we don't get a release date this week then I think it's delayed. There's no more moving the goal posts, it's just delayed at that point.

Which, again, is fine with me because I'm trying to 100% RDR2. I need more time.

I'd say I'm surprised people think a delay is happening because of clickbait and secretive Blizzard (which is mostly because of a "secret" cinematic) but I'm actually not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I'd say I'm surprised people think a delay is happening because of clickbait and secretive Blizzard (which is mostly because of a "secret" cinematic) but I'm actually not.
    ikr. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    What about SL is unfinished at this point though? Bugs and tuning can be hotfixed, and if it is larger rotational changes then those can be put into 9.1 or 9.2 in a pinch.
    Covenants are definitely going to stay like they are, holding out hope for Blizzard catering to the players who wants the game to be convenient is not going to lead to anything.

Had the expansion lacked basic stuff like a zone, or one or more primary professions not having any stuff in it then maybe. But SL is done, delaying it just means we have to sit in BfA doing nothing longer, and additionally might screw up the entire expansion release cycle considering Blizzard would have to set back the launch by at least 2 months to be able to add changes that are worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At this point delaying Shadowlands would only really serve to push the entire expansion back.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. Regardless if the expansion gets delayed or not, if it needs extra work then development resources will have to be allocated to that, so even if they opt for releasing as planned and hotfixing then that might also push the patches back.

I'm 100% sure that tweet was either some uninformed clown SM champ or the usual secretive teasing Blizzard does pre-announcement. They always say "soon TM", even if the announcement will be tomorrow.

There's just no possible way that the expac would get delayed due to the massive PR shitstorm that would ensue. The 6th really does feel like the only logical option. We see builds pushed on Wednesdays and we had the Afterlives released on Thursdays so I'd maybe hold off on being concerned over the silence until Friday or so.