1. #64101
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Not really? Remember, TBC was also delayed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    WoTLK and TBC were delayed, which is part of the reason why they ended up being so good...

    Wish WoD got that same treatment.
    WoD was pretty much unsavageable unless Blizzard delayed it for long enough to go back far enough to add an entirely new endgame progression system.

    BfA however is one that definitely oculd have done with a sizeable delay. It wouldnt necessarily have saved Islands or Warfronts since the base gameplay of both don't really work, but at least classes and Azerite could have been in a better shape.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #64102
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,079
    Blizz offers now pre-order refund:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318306/...y-announcement
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  3. #64103
    People dont know what unfinished means.

    The only thing unfinished is the Maw, but thats literally because Blizzard removed the entire reason for the zones existence.

    People call stuff they dont agree with design-wise "unfinished".

  4. #64104
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but the thing about hype....... sometimes its a double edgedsword
    Only if the game releases as an absolute mess, which I don't expect to be the case with any of these upcoming games.

    And that backfire usually happens *after* people have already spent their money.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  5. #64105
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sigh.
    Blizzard was always offering pre-order refunds, they are required to give any EU citizen that wants it a refund for a product that hasn't shipped yet and as a large international company its easier to allow this for everyone then make country by country exceptions.
    Them notifying you that you can get a refund is just a PR move.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  6. #64106
    So does AotC and the dragon go away with pre-patch or Shadowlands release?

  7. #64107
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    So does AotC and the dragon go away with pre-patch or Shadowlands release?
    Should be pre-patch, as always.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  8. #64108
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Should be pre-patch, as always.
    I was under the impression that only the Curve FoS goes away with the pre-patch, not the actual mount.
    Might have to double check, though I think you can still get the HC mount after the pre-patch releases, you just won't get curve.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-10-02 at 04:49 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #64109
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I definitely think it is, would explain why they were pushing so hard for this october date right before all these big games drop. Especially with how hyped up cyberpunk is.
    They probably don't really care too much. Those games aren't direct competition. A vast majority of WoW players aren't going to not buy an expansion because some non-mmo games are coming out. They might buy both and play a little less wow, but they are still going to buy and play the expansion.

  10. #64110
    Not that you can get the mount after the expansion releases obviously, just during the pre-patch as well.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #64111
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    They probably don't really care too much. Those games aren't direct competition. A vast majority of WoW players aren't going to not buy an expansion because some non-mmo games are coming out. They might buy both and play a little less wow, but they are still going to buy and play the expansion.
    I feel like you don't appreciate just how many people will buy an xpac just to play through the starting experience and then drop the game shortly into it. When people talk about the "majority" of players, they're in turn over.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  12. #64112
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I feel like you don't appreciate just how many people will buy an xpac just to play through the starting experience and then drop the game shortly into it. When people talk about the "majority" of players, they're in turn over.
    I don't see how that counteracts cordrann's point. It's unlikely they won't buy the expansion over it, maybe this even extends their playtime.

  13. #64113
    Wow, the MMO vs MMO tribalism fights are still going on?

  14. #64114
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't see how that counteracts cordrann's point. It's unlikely they won't buy the expansion over it, maybe this even extends their playtime.
    If they're the kind of person who isn't in for the long haul they're much more likely to weigh their choice of which game to toss their 60 smacks into. And when its WoW vs any of these other big name games, many of which a person might want all of... while having a limited amount of money... I can easily see them choosing one of the others vs the one with the subscription and massive time investment required.

    That's one of the biggest issues with MMO's, you tend to need to play them to the exclusion of other games.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  15. #64115
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If they're the kind of person who isn't in for the long haul they're much more likely to weigh their choice of which game to toss their 60 smacks into. And when its WoW vs any of these other big name games, many of which a person might want all of... while having a limited amount of money... I can easily see them choosing one of the others vs the one with the subscription and massive time investment required.
    Except at the level you're talking about, the time investment isn't all that impressive. At least, nowhere near Witcher 3 levels. So it's a game they already know and a sub vs. a game they don't and which may or may not end up being good.

  16. #64116
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Wrath was released in November
    I didn't know that Cyberpunk 2077, the most hyped up game of the past decade released as the same time as Wrath of the Lich King.

  17. #64117
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except at the level you're talking about, the time investment isn't all that impressive. At least, nowhere near Witcher 3 levels. So it's a game they already know and a sub vs. a game they don't and which may or may not end up being good.
    MMO's have a time table if you want to participate in things, that isn't the case in a single player game like the witcher.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  18. #64118
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Imo it was Activision who wanted the extension to come out so early (maybe not at the same time as the PS5/Xbox release, who knows) , but for Blizzard it was clearly not possible....
    I'd bet money on that one. The timing of right before Halloween was too perfect to be driven by the game's playability. That was execs wanting easy marketing.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  19. #64119
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    MMO's have a time table if you want to participate in things, that isn't the case in a single player game like the witcher.
    Again, not at the level you're talking about. You can't argue the time requirements for elite players as a reason why casual players would pick something else.

  20. #64120
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Again, not at the level you're talking about. You can't argue the time requirements for elite players as a reason why casual players would pick something else.
    How did you end up bringing the buzz words into this?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •