Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Thinking about content patches... I don't know how they could add more zones to the Shadowlands. Everything right there seems to be perfectly harmonized for the four zones and Covenants we already have, plus The Maw. No idea how they could fit another zone into the Shadowlands directly.
    What do you mean? Just like they add new zones for new patches whenever they do a patch? The shadowlands are infinite, pulling a new realm out of nowhere isn't that much of a challenge. Or do you mean at the start? Because that obviously wouldn't make sense.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

At this point I just want it to release in December or January.

Reason being, I got the PS5 to keep me busy after November 19th... Same for Cyberpunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I mean, the five zones are pretty generalized, but I still could see them easily adding one still. The current four themes are: Wilds, Purgatory, Paradise and War. Could easily add another generalized realm. Maybe the broker realm or a realm about magic. Could be anything, the possibilities are endless.
    It would feel a bit weird though, if you ask me. Everything in Oribos is revolving around those four zones and Covenants, it would feel weird to have a new one out of nowhere. Sure, it's possible with a good explanation, but right now the design with the four Covenants is just... really, really good. I might be overthinking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What do you mean? Just like they add new zones for new patches whenever they do a patch? The shadowlands are infinite, pulling a new realm out of nowhere isn't that much of a challenge. Or do you mean at the start? Because that obviously wouldn't make sense.
    In general.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-03 at 10:20 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    It would feel a bit weird though, if you ask me. Everything in Oribos is revolving around those four zones and Covenants, it would feel weird to have a new one out of nowhere. Sure, it's possible with a good explanation, but right now the design with the four Covenants is just... really, really good.

- - - Updated - - -

In general.
    They could add Thros, Realm of the Drust ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    At this point I just want it to release in December or January.

Reason being, I got the PS5 to keep me busy after November 19th... Same for Cyberpunk
    As someone with no interest in the PS5 & thinks Cyberpunk looks a tad underwhelming despite being a CDPR fan since TW2, I'm hoping for November Well, I'm really hoping it just comes out when it's ready, but hopefully that's as early as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    As someone with no interest in the PS5 & thinks Cyberpunk looks a tad underwhelming despite being a CDPR fan since TW2, I'm hoping for November Well, I'm really hoping it just comes out when it's ready, but hopefully that's as early as possible.
    I think the first week of December is likely.
    It would make the pre-patch 6 weeks, likely with 2 weeks of just system changes followed by 4 weeks of the actual event, not to mention it would line up perfectly with the new WoW traveller book being delayed from the 20th of October to the 25th of November.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For sure right now Shadowlands are missing place where, you know, sane person would want to go.

It would feel a bit weird though, if you ask me. Everything in Oribos is revolving around those four zones and Covenants, it would feel weird to have a new one out of nowhere. Sure, it's possible with a good explanation, but right now the design with the four Covenants is just... really, really good. I might be overthinking it.

- - - Updated - - -

In general.
    I mean they could do a whole “the souls in this area are connected to the jailer. We must strike now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uh, this delay will cause a precedence. Now every patch/xpac release date will be questioned hard. :v
    Not the first time they delayed

Also an expansion is much different from a patch

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think the first week of December is likely.
    It would make the pre-patch 6 weeks, likely with 2 weeks of just system changes followed by 4 weeks of the actual event, not to mention it would line up perfectly with the new WoW traveller book being delayed from the 20th of October to the 25th of November.
    That'd be good, because it'd mean they'd likely hold the raid content until 2021. As much as I'm a fan of the fast turnaround they were aiming for between SL launch & raid launch, just being able to take it chill for the first few weeks or so is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They could add Thros, Realm of the Drust ^.^
    While I don't think it makes alot of sense to add one for the launch (they'd be better off polishing the existing ones), I very much expect them to add something like a drust realm, a realm where the brokers come from or a "realm of the first ones / true maw" in patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Not the first time they delayed

Also an expansion is much different from a patch
    It's the first time since TBC that they delayed an expansion launch. Given the glorious mess that was WC3R it seems to have at least made them aware that people are getting tired of half finished messes.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For sure right now Shadowlands are missing place where, you know, sane person would want to go.
    Lcukily, sane people in Warcraft are few and far between.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    it also broke a precedent where blizzard releases things regardless of how buggy and busted they are, which is a good thing.
    I mean, this is basically going back to old, "when it's ready" Blizz.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    it also broke a precedent where blizzard releases things regardless of how buggy and busted they are, which is a good thing.
    I mean, this is basically going back to old, "when it's ready" Blizz.
    Imagine actually believing this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    For this moment, it is.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

For this moment, it is.
    I can't wait until there's an ocean of whining about the expansion's systems a month after release. Gonna be great.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For this moment, it is.
    Sure it is rather "launching this 27.10 would be disaster" than "we want be sure game will be ready", but it's step in right direction. One of many during SL testing, sadly people forget after 1 week when Blizzard do something good.

I can't wait until there's an ocean of whining about the expansion's systems a month after release. Gonna be great.
    Don't get it, they is always whining about expansions systems and it's not great in any shape or form.

I can't see anything outside locking covenant choice (easy "fixable" I remind) that would cause major uproar. Even that still feels like less pain the ass than legendaries and AP grinding on Legion launch. Do you remember "ocean of whining" from regular playerbase back then?
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-10-03 at 01:08 PM.

Gonna believe them, while watching their updates. They earned it, after this development circle, where, outside of their new shiny covenant system, almost everything else has been heard and talked over.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    Gonna believe them, while watching their updates. They earned it, after this development circle, where, outside of their new shiny covenant system, almost everything else has been heard and talked over.
    The covenant system has been heard and discussed, it just hasnt ended with the exact outcome many were expecting. For others it is a wonderful step forward from Blizzard towards a return of RPG elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The covenant system has been heard and discussed, it just hasnt ended with the exact outcome many were expecting. For others it is a wonderful step forward from Blizzard towards a return of RPG elements.
    Which is complete nonsense for anyone that actually played the game since the beginning, since this kind of RPG (which it really isn't) was never part of the game to begin with. It's the introduction of a some kind of pseudo RPG features, while they still ignore all other, way more important classical RPG features.

Edit:
    Anyway, rpg delusions aside, is it me or did they forget to update the groupfinder/premade group tool with SL locations and quests? I tried to create a group for theater of pain* but I can't select any of the SL stuff.

*Does it's name justice btw, at least the outdoor one. Such a pain in the ass with the unavoidable damage and loss of controll effects that allow for absolutely no skillful play if you don't have a heal and at least a pocket tank.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-03 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Which is complete nonsense for anyone that actually played the game since the beginning, since this kind of RPG (which it really isn't) was never part of the game to begin with. It's the introduction of a some kind of pseudo RPG features, while they still ignore all other, way more important classical RPG features.
    Whether this is exactly the kind of choice you had to make way back this is more in the vein of how you picked one thing and then had to live with it, at least for a while.
    Sure, you could respec in Vanilla depending on the fight or whatever, but the game was definitely more geared towards picking one thing and then playing that one thing for a while.

Besides, even if these are pseudo-RPG features or whatever it is still a step in the right direction. The most prudent comparision is to the removal of flying, which has given us loads of new stuff that might have been impossible, or at least pointless before. Things like Maldraxxus having the floating Necropolis that you can jump off of. Or Ardenweald being able to hide secrets on areas only accessible by secret teleports.

Covenants are a great step in the right direction for anyone that wants the game to be more of an RPG, even if not necessarily the same kind we had back in Vanilla.