Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hehe, yeah, thats a good point about emissary because I got two of most classes(hunters 3 lol) and I am burnt out of WQs LOL! Luckily I do non gold emissary on only 4 since they were exalted by just playing, but I have done less lately because it can be too much indeed but when its gold Emissary I do it on all. Spread on Horde and Alliance though and its not always they get gold at the same day.

WQs is pretty much the only thing I have done the last 6-7 weeks since I came back, pretty decent gold income from paragon. Seeing mats are worth so little now I rather just do those emissaries instead.
    with the rep boosts the emissaries are like 1 every couple days and you can do mechagon every 4 days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Nah... I'm always taking my time with leveling

Nope, I hate questing in a group - I prefer to go solo and experience the campaign at my own pace.

I'll probably do some, because I want to craft my own legendary armor, but other than that - no, I'll do a good mixture of stuff.

I have a healthy amount of gold left, but I'm not going to buy BoE items. I'm not doing Mythic raids or super high Mythic+, so I don't see a point.
    the leveling is going to throw a lot of people for a loop because they will hit 60 but not be able to do any max level stuff until they finish the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    with the rep boosts the emissaries are like 1 every couple days and you can do mechagon every 4 days

- - - Updated - - -

the leveling is going to throw a lot of people for a loop because they will hit 60 but not be able to do any max level stuff until they finish the campaign
    Yeah, I earn in average roughly 10-12k per day from paragon boxes for like 45 mins of play. Some days my main get mail from the others and rake in 30k, while there might be two days with nothing then next day is maybe 1-2 paragon.

I also do nazjatar on many if the reward is 35 mana pearls. If WB is gold thats 400g per toon, you get 10 pearls from boss, maybe some from WQs and end up with 60 perhaps. Buy pants for 5 each, 72g per pants I believe, and you look at 1400g. Not to mention you only need 2 Nazjatar emissary for paragon if its one in each reset seeing you get 1100 rep from the weekly cave quest.

All in all, doing mindless stuff like this and end up with close to 350-400k per month is not bad. I also sell bags. If it wasn't for the rep buff I wouldn't have played. But its the last day today so I guess it will be only gold and mana pearls emissary until Shadowlands

Edit: oh, it is nazjatar gold emissary today in EU-Alliance :> What a nice end to the rep buff.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-10-31 at 01:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    but don't you get the heart when you start BfA?
    Not anymore since the leveling update.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope. They are the first mortals to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. This is stated on the official website. Nothing contradicts it. Since Blizzard writes the game, and not Huth the MMO-Champion denizen, I'd rather believe what Blizzard says.
    Alleria predates the Ren'dorei. That alone contradicts your claim. And no, she is not one of them.

Also, mortal simply means somebody who can die. Draenei are mortal even though we have no indication that their bodies age beyond adulthood. Most immortals in WoW have ressurective immortality of a kind, meaning their body can be destroyed but they can simply get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Alleria predates the Ren'dorei. That alone contradicts your claim. And no, she is not one of them.

Also, mortal simply means somebody who can die. Draenei are mortal even though we have no indication that their bodies age beyond adulthood. Most immortals in WoW have ressurective immortality of a kind, meaning their body can be destroyed but they can simply get a new one.
    1) Alleria calls herself a Ren'dorei literally in the first quest a Void elf character receives.
    2) She is called a Void elf by Blizzard themselves on the official summary of Shadows Rising.

Again, it's wonderful that you have this elaborate headcanon where the Ren'dorei are weak and Alleria is an unstable woman (how original), but as you are not Blizzard I won't take it into consideration.

And No, "mortal" doesn't mean somebody who can die, otherwise the Night elves would've still been mortal despite the immortality granted to them by Nordrassil, and the demons would still be considered mortals despite the immortality granted by the Nether. "Mortal" means someone who dies of old age.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-31 at 01:49 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I don't know what it is about Stormsong Valley, but every time I go there, the chat is talking about weird stuff.

Like, today I've seen theories that the reason why we didn't see the "back side" (*wink*) of Azeroth is that it's illegal to show it because she's 16, but since the expansion after Shadowlands is coming out in 2 years and she'll be 18 (legal age in most of EU), we should finally get it

I subscribe to this theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I don't know what it is about Stormsong Valley, but every time I go there, the chat is talking about weird stuff.

Like, today I've seen theories that the reason why we didn't see the "back side" (*wink*) of Azeroth is that it's illegal to show it because she's 16, but since the expansion after Shadowlands is coming out in 2 years and she'll be 18 (legal age in most of EU), we should finally get it

I subscribe to this theory!
    It's the bee mount. I am talking from experience when I say that Stormsong is where players go to get insane. Once during a particularly long grinding session for Jelly I went to the store and ended up buying some honey despite not even particularly liking it, nor having any idea what to use it with.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    Visions of Orgrimmar = Literally every Horde mortal in Orgrimmar, including Thrall, succumb to the Void.
    Zappi boi dosen't, as well as some other trolls. Maybe trolls are more resistant to the Old Gods/Void after fighting then in the Aqiir wars?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's the bee mount. I am talking from experience when I say that Stormsong is where players go to get insane. Once during a particularly long grinding session for Jelly I went to the store and ended up buying some honey despite not even particularly liking it, nor having any idea what to use it with.
    You know, that's probably it, because the only chat that came close is Mechagon and there are mounts there too

And No, "mortal" doesn't mean somebody who can die, otherwise the Night elves would've still been mortal despite the immortality granted to them by Nordrassil, and the demons would still be considered mortals despite the immortality granted by the Nether. "Mortal" means someone who dies of old age.
    Mortal quite literally means "capable of dying". There is no room for interpretation here. Don't accuse others of headcanon when you're blatantly making up rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Zappi boi dosen't, as well as some other trolls. Maybe trolls are more resistant to the Old Gods/Void after fighting then in the Aqiir wars?
    Judging by how many in the Zandalari leadership were driven mad by the corruption of an artifical old god, and judging by the existence of the Blood Trolls, No.

Mortal quite literally means "capable of dying". There is no room for interpretation here. Don't accuse others of headcanon when you're blatantly making up rules.
    Except for the fact that Blizzard themselves stated that night elves had immortality, even though they could easily be killed in battle. As I already told you. So No, "mortal" in Warcraft doesn't mean "killable", it means "vulnerable to ageing/disease", which is not the case with night elves and demons -- who, surprise, were not considered mortals. Another blatant example are the Aspects. Malygos was immortal (as he never gave up his Aspect powers), but he was still slain in battle.

This is not YOUR universe, where you get to decide what these terms mean. This is BLIZZARD's universe, and they have a clear definition of what "mortal" means in the Warcraft verse.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-31 at 02:19 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    There's several Orcs holed up on the other side with Garona as well. So it's not just Trolls.

It's the claim that Void corruption is unavoidable that is likely the issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    theres also Azeroth's third death as the whispers do reference her in the whole "her heart is a crater and we have filled it"
    the sundering
    the cataclysm
    the scouring or whatever the sword thing is called
    The quote is future tenses so it wouldnt be Azeroth.

Also, the Scouring was when Amanthul ripped out Yshaarj so Azeroth died 3 times before the sword.

There's several Orcs holed up on the other side with Garona as well. So it's not just Trolls.

It's the claim that Void corruption is unavoidable that is likely the issue here.
    No no no they obviously aren’t mortal

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by how many in the Zandalari leadership were driven mad by the corruption of an artifical old god, and judging by the existence of the Blood Trolls, No.

Except for the fact that Blizzard themselves stated that night elves had immortality, even though they could easily be killed in battle. As I already told you. So No, "mortal" in Warcraft doesn't mean "killable", it means "vulnerable to ageing/disease", which is not the case with night elves and demons -- who, surprise, were not considered mortals. Another blatant example are the Aspects. Malygos was immortal (as he never gave up his Aspect powers), but he was still slain in battle.

This is not YOUR universe, where you get to decide what these terms mean. This is BLIZZARD's universe, and they have a clear definition of what "mortal" means in the Warcraft verse.
    So since Alleria is a high elf she’s not a mortal by that definition and thus not the first mortal to resist any more than locus

- - - Updated - - -

1) Alleria calls herself a Ren'dorei literally in the first quest a Void elf character receives.
    2) She is called a Void elf by Blizzard themselves on the official summary of Shadows Rising.

Again, it's wonderful that you have this elaborate headcanon where the Ren'dorei are weak and Alleria is an unstable woman (how original), but as you are not Blizzard I won't take it into consideration.

Alleria was not a mortal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Not anymore since the leveling update.
    The change actually makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So since Alleria is a high elf she’s not a mortal by that definition and thus not the first mortal to resist any more than locus
    Then again, that would also exclude the entirety of the Ren'dorei, so we'd be back to there not being any mortals successfully resisting, since "obviously" the Trolls and Orcs in Vision of Orgrimmar aren't mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    No no no they obviously aren’t mortal

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria was not a mortal

- - - Updated - - -

The change actually makes sense
    1) High elves die of old age, I have no idea what makes you think that's not the case. Being long-lived doesn't make you immortal.
    2) Alleria is now a void elf.
    3) She is the first mortal to defy the whispers, this is stated on the official website made by Blizzard.

Then again, that would also exclude the entirety of the Ren'dorei, so we'd be back to there not being any mortals successfully resisting, since "obviously" the Trolls and Orcs in Vision of Orgrimmar aren't mortal.
    Except for the fact that Alleria herself IS a Ren'dorei, as stated by Blizzard in the summary of the novel, in the novel itself, and in the actual game.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-31 at 02:45 PM.

Why does everyone act like the Visions are a reality? Like, they are obviously not any kind of reality and just Nzoth trying to show us that fighting him would be futile

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Why does everyone act like the Visions are a reality? Like, they are obviously not any kind of reality and just Nzoth trying to show us that fighting him would be futile
    Ask the people who act like ONLY the Ren'dorei are endangered by the Void, when literally countless mortals from all the races have been shown succumbing to the Void throughout WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    A possibility but also even that can't be trusted since Old Gods are cryptic
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ask the people who act like ONLY the Ren'dorei are endangered by the Void, when literally countless mortals from all the races have been shown succumbing to the Void throughout WoW.
    Okay? Every human is endangered by cancer but smoking is still gonna increase the risk lol. No one is saying that other race are immune

"Oh yeah, Chainsmoker Joe is the first chainsmoker who defied cancer!" until he gets it.

Alleria has done nothing to defy anything because Old Gods are literally still in control of her and whispering to her.