Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    All I know is that Blizzard should stay away from time-travel shenanigans like Murozond and WoD. 99% of the community doesn't understand them, the writers probably don't understand them either, they are not needed nor welcomed.
    I think the infinite dragonflight works, though that comes with the prerequisite that you only travel back and forward in the "correct" timeline, things like going back to help Arthas do the purging of Stratholme and such.
    The issue really only comes when it deals with alternate realities and interfering with eachother. WoD was a hot mess of plotholes, but most of the other infinite dragonflight stuff isnt like that.

I also really enjoy the Murozond questline and the predestination paradox where we are essentially just waiting for the Infinite dragonflight ot be created.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Time travel is not a bad concept, never is but when you put them in a spot where you well give WoD not the proper time for the story to flow yeah of course its gonna annoy people. People don't talk about time travel as being the biggest issue of WoD, like thats the last on the list.
    It was a horrible concept. They wanted to hype up the characters of the Warcraft movie while at the same time bringing back TBC nostalgia after people complained about pandas. They were not even hiding it. That's why they made an entire expansion about time travel to Draenor before it was blown up.

They had no clue about what to do with time travel, and the proof of this is Afrasiabi saying that the Legion transcends all realities. This makes Kil'jaeden and Mannoroth actual retards, which obviously they aren't meant to be character-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think the infinite dragonflight works, though that comes with the prerequisite that you only travel back and forward in the "correct" timeline, things like going back to help Arthas do the purging of Stratholme and such.
    The issue really only comes when it deals with alternate realities and interfering with eachother. WoD was a hot mess of plotholes, but most of the other infinite dragonflight stuff isnt like that.

I also really enjoy the Murozond questline and the predestination paradox where we are essentially just waiting for the Infinite dragonflight ot be created.
    But it's boring, don't you think? If I had a penny for every theory about Murozond and the End Times made since Cataclysm, I'd be a millionaire by now. That plotline isn't going anywhere, it's been like 9 years since that dungeon and there's no sign of it going nowhere. People constantly try to fit Murozond and the "END TIMES" into a new expansion then nothing happens. Yawn.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-04 at 07:49 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Time travel is not a bad concept, never is but when you put them in a spot where you well give WoD not the proper time for the story to flow yeah of course its gonna annoy people. People don't talk about time travel as being the biggest issue of WoD, like thats the last on the list.
    People vastly overstate the relevance of time travel to WoD anyway. It has next to no actual bearing on the plot, which could just as easily have been just alternate reality with no time travel. Literally the only thing you'd actually have to change outside of some dialogue is the backstory for the Mag'har AR, which didn't even happen during WoD.

While the "one Legion" makes sense coming from a Chaos Dimension and the idea that the "magic aspect dimension" creatures are intrinsically different than mortals (and lines up with the new lore that there is only One Shadowlands), the fact that it had absolutely NO IMPACT on the story whatsoever means it was ridiculous.

Really, was there ANYTHING in WoD that had to do with the Archimonde who attacks being the same as the old one? He doesn't even comment on it! Just say it's another Archimonde and nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    While the "one Legion" makes sense coming from a Chaos Dimension and the idea that the "magic aspect dimension" creatures are intrinsically different than mortals (and lines up with the new lore that there is only One Shadowlands), the fact that it had absolutely NO IMPACT on the story whatsoever means it was ridiculous.

Really, was there ANYTHING in WoD that had to do with the Archimonde who attacks being the same as the old one? He doesn't even comment on it! Just say it's another Archimonde and nothing changes.
    It really doesn't make sense. One simple reason. There's an AU Velen. This AU Velen was forced to flee from Mac'aree just like the MU one. So this AU Velen was also hunted down by Kil'jaeden.

Except that there is only one Kil'jaeden. So our Kil'jaeden was hunting down multiple Velens from across the time-space continuum?

And what happened to AU Kil'jaeden? You will recall that Kil'jaeden was not born a demon, he became one, so what happened to AU KIl'jaeden (who existed, since there is an AU Velen as I said)... did he cease to exist or something once the timelines collided?

And the most obvious question of all: Why would Kil'jaeden try THE SAME STRATEGY with the orcs when he has empirical evidence from the MU timeline that it wouldn't work? Since the MU orcs did not remain loyal to the Legion, and actually played a pivotal role in Archimonde's defeat at the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Yet, in WoD, Kil'jaeden -WHO IS THE SAME KIL'JAEDEN WHO APPEARS IN WC3, TBC, AND LEGION- tries the same strategy twice. He contacts AU Gul'dan and sends Mannoroth to corrupt the orcs.

Regardless I believe Blizzard was quick to fix this "one Legion" mess with the Chronicles.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-04 at 09:02 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It really doesn't make sense. One simple reason. There's an AU Velen. This AU Velen was forced to flee from Mac'aree just like the MU one. So this AU Velen was also hunted down by Kil'jaeden.
    Except we know the timeline is relatively close to the main one, so the split can't have been all that long before Garrosh went there. Which would in fact mean that there is no AU KJ or Archimonde, as they were already demons at that point. AU Velen and MU Velen were simply the same person when they fled Mac'aree.

WoD time stuff was fine until they said demons share all realities, then it all came crashing down like a badly built house of cards.

I try to simply pretend like that fubar never happened.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm excited to see the re-vamp of Azeroth when we canonically come back from the Shadowlands.

How do we summon the new build? I wanna see Maw changes.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Visions of Orgrimmar = Literally every Horde mortal in Orgrimmar, including Thrall, succumb to the Void.

No, because you are trying to accuse Alleria using a vision when you literally said using visions is supposedly a bad idea.

Which the other mortals don't have, since the Ren'dorei are the FIRST mortals to defy the whispers.

You use the argument "they were not actually corrupted lolol" then try to accuse Alleria when she herself was not corrupted either, and became the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers. NO OTHER MORTAL before her accomplished this, as was stated by Blizzard themselves.
    ....ummm not true in terms of Org. Did you not pay attention? Eh I'll say yeah you didn't because most people who make false claims like that seem not have. Thrall sure, but very few others did. He was forcing them to drink Nzoth's blood. Not the same as falling to their corruption when it was implied the mental corruption not literally physically being corrupted from within. Most of Org would have been relatively fine. Very few actually fell to the literal mental corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    WoD time stuff was fine until they said demons share all realities, then it all came crashing down like a badly built house of cards.

I try to simply pretend like that fubar never happened.
    Yeah it makes absolutely no sense that they could fight a war on infinite fronts with people actually killing them in the nether as well. They could have said it was a new Archimonde for that reality, but then had him realize we were from another one and find a way to send Guldan there since he lost in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    I heard some bad pvp news about how you will take so fucking long to finish a set, that you will end up doing PVE/mythics all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    ....ummm not true in terms of Org. Did you not pay attention? Eh I'll say yeah you didn't because most people who make false claims like that seem not have. Thrall sure, but very few others did. He was forcing them to drink Nzoth's blood. Not the same as falling to their corruption when it was implied the mental corruption not literally physically being corrupted from within. Most of Org would have been relatively fine. Very few actually fell to the literal mental corruption.
    some of the horde races like orcs are way harder to mentally break, they would have to force then to do that so they could fall to the void, Garrosh mastered the power of the heart with no joke and apparently didn't break down in shadowlands, you have a better chance deceiving then, since they have simple minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    some of the horde races like orcs are way harder to mentally break, they would have to force then to do that so they could fall to the void
    I don't think so, Pale Orcs submitted pretty easily.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think so, Pale Orcs submitted pretty easily.
    i would not call that easily.

Visions of Orgrimmar = Literally every Horde mortal in Orgrimmar, including Thrall, succumb to the Void.
    Except Garonra, Zekhan & Geya. Void elf's supposed resistance to the whispers is entirely in your mind.

I heard some bad pvp news about how you will take so fucking long to finish a set, that you will end up doing PVE/mythics all over again.

some of the horde races like orcs are way harder to mentally break, they would have to force then to do that so they could fall to the void, Garrosh mastered the power of the heart with no joke and apparently didn't break down in shadowlands, you have a better chance deceiving then, since they have simple minds.
    Oh I'm not saying that was wrong or not a sound strategy from the void, but the person I was responding to was suggesting that void whispers claimed all of org as a response to someone saying that the void elves don't have as much of a resistance as people are claiming.

i would not call that easily.
    IIRC it was easy, just really rare, once an orc tapped into the void instead of the elements, they went pale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Void elf's supposed resistance to the whispers is entirely in your mind.
    Considering they are still alive and not gone mad, I'd say they have more resistance than your average race.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    He looks exactly like Bolvar. It's strange how much, look at the battle.net launcher where they are in similar positions.
    Not really. The jawline and jowls are different. Can't say about the nipples since I've never seen bolvar's that I recall or rather they weren't visible in the Fall of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Except Garonra, Zekhan & Geya. Void elf's supposed resistance to the whispers is entirely in your mind.
    1) How do you even find such old posts? Go do something better with your time.

2) It's not "in my mind". Go play the game and tell me how many evil Void elves there are in it.

And yes, this is a rhetorical question, so don't bother answering me because I won't read it.

Then again, judging by your terrible arguments about Sylvanas, I'm not convinced you even play WoW.

Anyone else really feeling the hype from the events beginning next week? Because I certainly am, that new music track from Ardenweald really hit the spot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Anyone else really feeling the hype from the events beginning next week? Because I certainly am, that new music track from Ardenweald really hit the spot.
    I am. Events kick off next week for some fun transmog hunting, this whole election thing will be mostly behind us by that point, and just got my new time off approved for opening week of the game. Me and some guild friends are gonna squad it up.