I just found out you can get Blight backpack mogs in Shadowlands.

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

WHERE!!!!!!
    when there’s something strange in your neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    WHERE!!!!!!
    when there’s something strange in your neighborhood
    One is listed as a world drop and the other is listed as a quest reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    One is listed as a world drop and the other is listed as a quest reward.
    so its the new blazing sword

3+ Year Old Account

Is there a blue 'water' version? It would go nicely with a Mario tmog I have lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

That goes really well with the Cloth Set

I knew waiting for this week to level was a good idea Getting all those DKs to 70 pre squish so they kept 280% flying after being squished to 27 was really worthwhile. 27-50 takes sub 3 hours with all the buffs on Alliance.

They should just remove the level 50 requirement for Allied races' heritage armour.

There, I said it.

I mean, they gutted the duration of levelling, and core races already do not need level 50 on a new toon to get the armour, so it really doesn't feel like a prestige set any longer. The above screenshot is proof of that.

I still remember when it took me like 1 month for the Ren'dorei heritage armour, good lord that 60-80 bracket was nauseating. Northrend and Outlands really need a major questing overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They should just remove the level 50 requirement for Allied races' heritage armour.

There, I said it.

I mean, they gutted the duration of levelling, and core races already do not need level 50 on a new toon to get the armour, so it really doesn't feel like a prestige set any longer. The above screenshot is proof of that.

I still remember when it took me like 1 month for the Ren'dorei heritage armour, good lord that 60-80 bracket was nauseating. Northrend and Outlands really need a major questing overhaul.
    It was never a prestige set to begin with - just a timesink. It took me less than 32 hours /played to get 110 on my Highmountain character & that was long before any bonus XP system kicked into the game, so let's not pretend like it was a massive undertaking before the change.

I'd be alright with them changing it so it was available to everyone, though! The only reason I'm farming them out is because the imperfect Reputation section in the Achievements tab was annoying me That & because more Sha of Anger characters are always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It was never a prestige set to begin with - just a timesink. It took me less than 32 hours /played to get 110 on my Highmountain character & that was long before any bonus XP system kicked into the game, so let's not pretend like it was a massive undertaking before the change.

I'd be alright with them changing it so it was available to everyone, though! The only reason I'm farming them out is because the imperfect Reputation section in the Achievements tab was annoying me That & because more Sha of Anger characters are always good.
    There's a reason why Blizzard revamped the 1-120 levelling experience, from their perspective it was a bothersome undertaking after all, one that they wanted to spare new players from doing.

And judging by the amount of people who were so sad when Blizzard fixed the Kharazan exploit to get through the 60-80 bracket, it seems like it was one for the community as well.

I mean, ask yourself this: If Blizzard thought the allied races system to get heritage armour works fine... then why do core races need to do 1/10 of the work to get their heritage armour?

What they should do is this: scrap the level 50 requirement, allied races can now get their heritage armour by becoming exalted with their respective faction. That way, players who unlocked the races the hard way (because now you don't need rep anymore) get a slight cosmetic bonus. And that's how it works for core races too after all. They need to get exalted with their respective faction to get the heritage armour.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-06 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That goes really well with the Cloth Set
    Yea, I was wondering if it was supposed to be an alternative back slot item for the cloth nathria set, but I guess then we'd expect to see this in more colors.

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought the whole idea of the heritage armor set was backwards. Unless you wanted to play that character alot later your barely got anything out of it. It would have made more sense to me if you got the set for leveling so that you can enjoy it while you play the character the most. For existing characters it was mostly just an annoying chore to level another one or reroll completely instead of race changing if you really liked a new allied race and wanted the mog.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

There, I said it.

It should still require a level of dedication to said character though. It isnt much, but it is a minor mark of achievement that someone took the time to level a new alt just for the heritage armor. It also functions as a very slight boon ot players that don't want to pay for a race change.

You already get the unique mount as well as the actual race itself for unlocking it, seems fair to have a separate tier above that for people who put time into the new race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yea, I was wondering if it was supposed to be an alternative back slot item for the cloth nathria set, but I guess then we'd expect to see this in more colors.
    You have to wonder sometimes whether Blizzard had some back pieces mocked up, either just regular cloaks or something more elaborate and they just cut them for time, or whether they just had to put some random back pieces into the raid because they needed to.
    It isnt the first time Blizzard has neglected the back slots either, so you have to wonder.

Not that I think it really matters, the back pieces are usually the most bland pieces of the set anyways. And I feel happy enough with the unique pieces we get from covenants anyways.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-11-06 at 10:47 AM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It should still require a level of dedication to said character though. It isnt much, but it is a minor mark of achievement that someone took the time to level a new alt just for the heritage armor. It also functions as a very slight boon ot players that don't want to pay for a race change.

You already get the unique mount as well as the actual race itself for unlocking it, seems fair to have a separate tier above that for people who put time into the new race.
    Your argument would make sense if the same thing applied to core races. It doesn't. You can literally just race-change your 50 toon to a core race and get the armour just by getting exalted with your capital, no silly levelling requirement. There's no reason for this discrepancy between allied and core races, so either core races need to level to 50 from scratch too, or allied races only need to reach exalted with their respective reputation. Having things different between core and allied races is counter-intuitive and dumb, especially after they basically removed 90% of the work you need to unlock allied races.

Your argument would make sense if the same thing applied to core races. It doesn't. You can literally just race-change your 50 toon to a core race and get the armour just by getting exalted with your capital, no silly levelling requirement. There's no reason for this discrepancy between allied and core races, so either core races need to level to 50 from scratch too, or allied races only need to reach exalted with their respective reputation. Having things different between core and allied races is counter-intuitive and dumb, especially after they basically removed 90% of the work you need to unlock allied races.
    Don't they also require stuff like War Campaign progression as well? I've pretty much every race at 50, but none of them have heritage armour quests as I only really play my main. I'd like the Tauren one but I'm not doing all that nonsense again

Don't they also require stuff like War Campaign progression as well? I've pretty much every race at 50, but none of them have heritage armour quests as I only really play my main. I'd like the Tauren one but I'm not doing all that nonsense again
    As far as I know only the tauren require that, as you need to have completed the Baine rescue quest (so the War campaign up to 8.2, NOT including 8.2.5). The others don't. As I unlocked the Sin'dorei heritage armor on my Horde alt, I can tell you that all I needed to do was get exalted with Silvermoon (which is extremely easy to do) and then the questline became available.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-06 at 01:19 PM.

As far as I know only the tauren require that, as you need to have completed the Baine rescue quest (so the War campaign up to 8.2, NOT including 8.2.5). The others don't. As I unlocked the Sin'dorei heritage armor on my Horde alt, I can tell you that all I needed to do was get exalted with Silvermoon (which is extremely easy to do) and then the questline became available.
    Ahh, thanks. I might go give some of them a try, as farming rep for exalted isn't too much of a headache.

These backpack mogs are honestly kind of dumb.

Still awaiting the day we get real glorious 3D capes and cloaks. That will be the true hype moment.

3+ Year Old Account
    It took me a few weeks to get the Heritage armor on a Zandalari DK I made. But Northrend was slow af
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It took me a few weeks to get the Heritage armor on a Zandalari DK I made. But Northrend was slow af
    Worth it though, no doubt. Definitely one of the better armours... I feel like my main rocks it pretty well

I just dungeon spammed, so it wasn't all that bad. I always did all I could to avoid pre-WoD questing on alts from recent years.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just wish the boosts would grant heritage armor. I have nothing I want to use my free one on. The only ones I'd want are ones I need heritage armor for so I have no use for them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."