Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You're not sugar-coating them, you're shit-coating them.

That's the problem. You've even admitted to it (in that post where you claimed "4/4" covenants were trash for more than half the classes in WoW).

You say "OMG THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!! EVERYONE IS SO UPSET!", then you link a thread, and it's like, most of the people in it are fine with it, and literally no-one is freaking out like you are.

Or you say "OMG YOUTUBERS SAY THIS IS A DISASTER THAT MAKES BFA LOOK GOOD AND NOTHING IS EVER FIXED!!!!" and then I watch the same Youtubers, and they're like "Yeah SL has some issues but it's looking much better than BfA!".

It's called "crying wolf" dude. Or "chicken little" or whatever. Yeah, maybe some of the stuff you're complaining about is a genuine problem. But we can't tell, because you're treating pretty minor and normal balance bumpiness from a beta as if it were game-endingly catastrophic. No-one is "personally attacking" you here. People are criticizing your habit of making posts full of wild exaggerations and hyperbole. They're trying to help you.
    and the sad part is that so many people are becoming like this, its so boring after a point.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    and the sad part is that so many people are becoming like this, its so boring after a point.
    I think it's what inevitably happens as a beta continues for a long time. A lot of people just can't process that a beta is a beta, and that massive balances changes will happen, that stuff will come in strong, then get nerfed into the floor. That bugs will persist for a long time (and yeah, a few will even go live). Confirmation bias is particularly bad with bugs, too. People forget bugs INSTANTLY when they fixed in betas, so if you have 1000 bugs, and cut it down to 50, people who complain will forget there ever were 1000 bugs, and just really loudly and angrily complain about the remaining 50 and how Blizzard HASNT FIXED ANYTHING OMG. And even if you fix 48 of those before the game goes live, the same exact level of anger will persist over the two you didn't, as if you'd done nothing.

We saw a fairly similar pattern with most previous expansions where I was around during the beta. The longer it goes on, the more some people get upset, because the class they liked got nerfed, or the mechanic they thought was cool even though it was broken got removed, or that one bug they noticed six weeks ago is STILL THERE OMG.

And it's unclear why they think it's helpful to communicate this stuff too - it's not like this is the Blizzard forum, or like we can do anything about it. But there seems to be an underlying idea that if enough people are told here, at this rando forum full of WoW weirdos (myself included), it'll fix.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Was there any update on the undelete character thingy? I wonder if our deleted characters will all disappear in a while, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What the [...] has my reputation to do with bringing up pain points from beta.
    A very big deal? Reputation matters, and with your reputation, we have no reason to take anything you bring up serious unless somebody less dramatic also brings it up.

November 23rd is the release date, pre-patch event starts the 10th.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting

Some new stuff in here.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting

Yep, let's switch from "there is nothing to do" to "too soon, unfinished" discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Was there any update on the undelete character thingy? I wonder if our deleted characters will all disappear in a while, I hope so.
    First hear about that, something happen to undelete stuff?
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-10-29 at 05:12 PM.

Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Is Nathanos getting pinned to a wall by Tyrande? Good! Hope he suffers

Well, at least I got the 'it'll be out after Halloween' guess correct lol
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Is Nathanos getting pinned to a wall by Tyrande? Good! Hope he suffers

Well, at least I got the 'it'll be out after Halloween' guess correct lol
    That is exactly what's happening, yes.

SL launch: November 23

Season 1 launch: Dec 8
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Some new stuff in here.
    Ohh, Tyrande snipped pinning Nathanus to a wall!

Uff, i can't wait for all the cinematics.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

I have to admit, slightly annoying that the raid opens in December, I am moving right around then and I was sure I was going to be able to get nice and settled before my guild starts raiding again.

Though that being said I am quite suprised at all this news, both how early the expansion releases, but also how long until the pre-patch begins. I was sure it would begin next week to give us the full 4 weeks of events, and now instead we get barely 2. Hopefully getting the gear isnt going to be too difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like that Nathanos v Tyrande cutscene will be pretty coll going by that trailer. Not to mention that Anduin seems to finally be getting an actually good storyline that plays to his strengths, really loved his questline in 7.2, and it was almost painful to see him so criminally botched in BfA.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Eh, trailer doesn't put Jailer in a good light. He seems like yet another superiority complex villain. "Pitiful mortal"? M8, check our kill record. "No one escapes the Maw?" Well shit, I wonder if he knows about our SL endgame activities.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Well, through November I probably work from home 100% time (my country was almost untouched first wave of corona, but now it's close to disaster), I can do my job in advance, I start my vacation December 12th and only premieres that interests me are SL and CP.

So unless we won't have more delays, current Shadowlands/Cyberpunk schedule is perfect for me by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, trailer doesn't put Jailer in a good light. He seems like yet another superiority complex villain. "Pitiful mortal"? M8, check our kill record. "No one escapes the Maw?" Well shit, I wonder if he knows about our SL endgame activities.
    WoW has cliche story, more news at 11.

Eh, trailer doesn't put Jailer in a good light. He seems like yet another superiority complex villain. "Pitiful mortal"? M8, check our kill record. "No one escapes the Maw?" Well shit, I wonder if he knows about our endgame activities.
    I would guess the intention is to have him be essentially a macguffin to explain how Sylvanas has gotten so powerful, as well as giving her an ally that feels sufficiently threathening.
    Could be wrong of course, but I feel this strengthens my theory that Sylvanas will stay alive until the final patch as the definite main antagonist for the players to be emotionally invested in defeating, with the Jailer just being the powerhouse behind her.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    He probably says it either to Anduin at the start or before we escape so this is microscopic level complaint. The whole
    "Nothing escapes the maw" is purely made to for a good end video line to sorta give us goosebumps. Obviously people escape the maw(That artifact of the first one was clearly not something he knew would let us escape.

Also lol @ Sylvanas wanting to control your own fate and how life and death isn't fair. Good grief she is a walking contradiction. News for you Banshee yes Life isn't fair and you aren't the only one who got bad luck or screwed over >_>
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-10-29 at 05:35 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Yeah he's your average Saturday Morning Cartoon Villian, him and Mueh'zala
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know