Blizz is having fun

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Yeah, but that's the point - they've said that how much "time" passes for us won't be the same as how it passes in Azeroth i.e. a minute in the shadowlands could be 5 on Azeroth, or even an hour, hence the probable time jump when we return from the Shadowlands.
    Until we get something concrete I wouldn't hold your breath.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    [video]
    Blizz is having fun
    There is one for Ardenweald too now.
    I just really, really want Monday to show up as soon as possible, I feel I have waited long enough for this launch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Until we get something concrete I wouldn't hold your breath.
    They said something along those lines at/around Blizzcon last year.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They said something along those lines at/around Blizzcon last year.
    Honestly the biggest tipoff for me was when there was the lore interview where they mentioned there was a specific place where time was completely meaningless within the Shadowlands as opposed to the rest where there was some semblance of time.

Before that the biggest problem with a timeskip was that Blizzard would need to keep players in the Shadowlands the entire expansion to prevent plotholes which would prevent Blizzard from going back and completing various heritage armor questlines and whatever if they want to do some for Night Elf or Forsaken or whatever.

With these specific areas where time is completely meaningless it is much more feasible to state that players are spending the entire time in that area for a patch or whatever, leaving it open for whenever the 10.0 pre-patch has us actually return to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post

Blizz is having fun
    This is amazing haha!

Also people, dropping this here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ulation-Thread

It's time we get back on track and practice our favourite sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This is amazing haha!

Also people, dropping this here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ulation-Thread

It's time we get back on track and practice our favourite sport...
    Not to downplay that thread, but isnt the general speculation thread usually just renamed to whatever the next path in line will be and discussion continuess as normal?

From what I remember the thread only really changes once the new expansion is close to being announced.

Can we talk about the venthyr keeping a picture of Denathrius on his desk:

Not even Nathanos would simp that hard for someone.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can we talk about the venthyr keeping a picture of Denathrius on his desk:

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg

Not even Nathanos would simp that hard for someone.
    Some Venthry are literal creations of his, not previous mortals. It's not too strange to have a picture if your "father" on your deck.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Some Venthry are literal creations of his, not previous mortals. It's not too strange to have a picture if your "father" on your deck.
    Hum, I think they are previous mortals. They were just shaped in his image as far as I'm aware. Once you complete your atonement in Revendreth the person has the choice to either be assigned a different afterlife, or become a venthyr and join them in their work redeeming souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I see, I was under the impression that Denathrius created only the Nathrezim and the Gargoyle species, not the vampires.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I see, I was under the impression that Denathrius created only the Nathrezim and the Gargoyle species, not the vampires.
    It's a bit vague. He seems to have created at least Renathal, though he could have created others.

Most are definitely just former mortals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Hum, I think they are previous mortals. They were just shaped in his image as far as I'm aware. Once you complete your atonement in Revendreth the person has the choice to either be assigned a different afterlife, or become a venthyr and join them in their work redeeming souls.
    Some of the original Venthry were Anima he shaped into the image he wanted. After then mortals were allowed to become them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "Oh, hey, the king is now an adult and there's a potential competitor, i better move quick" seems like a reasonable line of thought from Genn's perspective.

Also, given that Genn has spend a lot of time near Anduin, it doesn't seem all that unreasonable that his daughter has been there as well. It's not like we have much ability to tell, given that we've been mostly busy elsewhere.

Besides, as Bolvar's daughter, Taelia is hardly a commoner.

Those two are not identical. It's pretty damn obvious.
    according to the book anduin doesnt mind tess but she isnt really his type

also for taelia not being a commoner i agree but not because daddy dearest worked his way up in the military

her mommy was undoubtedly the lost queen menethil

Seems like the writers are playing coy about who the final boss is. Could be jumping to conclusions but I think this is an indication that Sylvanas will at least be alive to the final patch, if not being the actual final boss.

Final boss will be Jailer taking control of Azeroths world soul, i.e. we dont directly fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Final boss will be Jailer taking control of Azeroths world soul, i.e. we dont directly fight him.
    Legion sufficiently showed that the Big Bad and Final Boss don't have to be the same thing.

Don't think this tells us much about Sylvanas fate.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Legion sufficiently showed that the Big Bad and Final Boss don't have to be the same thing.

Don't think this tells us much about Sylvanas fate.
    Sylvanas will be the Azshara of 9.2 (the Maw raid). We defeat her, there's something that prevents us from killing her, she will help us in the last raid by revealing the Jailers big weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Seems like the writers are playing coy about who the final boss is. Could be jumping to conclusions but I think this is an indication that Sylvanas will at least be alive to the final patch, if not being the actual final boss.
    They don't want to confirm and they also want to be able to change their mind if there is a big push from the playerbase for or against a direction... it gives them options... which is a good thing

Sylvanas would be a very good final boss in lieu of Argus/Sargeras. Jailer as a physical force whose toes you tickle would be underwhelming in comparison.