Monday is gonna drag like hell.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Lol, not for me, still have shit ton of work to do and want catch at least 4-5 hours of sleep afer 3PM.

It really is. Luckily I have set aside quite a few tasks that will take up quite a lot of the day. Things like cleaning my bathroom, and making a lavish dinner for the evening.

Combine that with the last few attempts at Daddy Bronjahm Big-sack and I think the day should move at a steady pace. At least I hope so.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'll be waiting for the servers to explode when the expansion launches.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Cinematics should leak early from foreign sites, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    How so? Release is global, everybody gets it at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'll be waiting for the servers to explode when the expansion launches.
    The joy of a midnight release means I can simply ignore it go sleep, to wake up early and play when the servers will have stabilised.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The joy of a midnight release means I can simply ignore it go sleep, to wake up early and play when the servers will have stabilised.
    Or conversely you wake up and loads of players have had the same idea, leading the servers to be more unstable than when they initially opened.

Regardless I will stay awake for the actual launch, nothing quite beats that initial high you get from waiting for that first quest to be available. It might not be the best first impression when you are tired from being excited so long, nor is it a particularly good questing experience when so many are on the same quests at the same time, but it is an experience that cannot really be replicated outside the actual launch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Does that include cutscenes? I heard there is one cutscene in Oribos which will explain when the machine of Death broke and, since this is the main catalyst for the entire expansion, I am intrigued by that.

(By cutscene, I mean the weird/cheap cutscenes made with the in-game models)

for sure, i got a food/snacks delivery to look forward to atleast. I got covid so I can't go shopping myself >

Same here, my body simply can not stand being awake after midnight, I need a guild that ends their raiding at 22 cause that's the latest I can be up lol.

BfA midnight release was very smooth. Sharding helped a ton.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

That didn't happen in Legion or BFA so it won't happen this time either. It's a global release mate, no one has access to the cinematics other than Blizzard until they get triggered in game for the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Also helped that we weren't in the same zones. Not only were Alliance/Horde on seperate continents but also you could pick any of the 3 zones of that continent. We also didn't worry about a scenario intro because we've all already done it due to early access weeks before the release. Shadowlands is opening with the Maw, followed by everyone being in Bastion and following the same linear zone order after that. We haven't had a launch like this since MoP with everyone being in Jade Forest. I'd be very surprised if the launch was as smooth as Legion or BFA were, but I do imagine they'll be putting Classic's layering tech to use so it won't be another WoD launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Does that include cutscenes? I heard there is one cutscene in Oribos which will explain when the machine of Death broke and, since this is the main catalyst for the entire expansion, I am intrigued by that.

(By cutscene, I mean the weird/cheap cutscenes made with the in-game models)
    All cutscenes have already been available on the beta, just with a red cross over them saying WIP. Oribos thing is a cinematic that is yet to be seen, not a cutscene, the interview did some poor wording if they actually wrote cutscene.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    All cutscenes have already been available on the beta, just with a red cross over them saying WIP. Oribos thing is a cinematic that is yet to be seen, not a cutscene, the interview did some poor wording if they actually wrote cutscene.
    I see, then it must have certainly been my mistake.

Well then, I can't wait for the in-game cinematic where it's revealed when the machine of Death broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I see, then it must have certainly been my mistake.

Well then, I can't wait for the in-game cinematic where it's revealed when the machine of Death broke.
    theres like 4 cutscenes missing just in the starter area my friend

we have many hidden cutscenes coming

I pray I won't spoil it for myself this time, but... well, I failed all other times, so my hopes are rather low

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I pray I won't spoil it for myself this time, but... well, I failed all other times, so my hopes are rather low
    it's less than 24 hours, surely you could find something to occupy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol, not for me, still have shit ton of work to do and want catch at least 4-5 hours of sleep afer 3PM.
    I mean, its not like i won't have anything to do.
    I got online classes tomorrow.

Day's gonna drag on forever exactly BECAUSE of them.
    And it definitely won't help that i'm excitedly waiting for launch.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    outside of i think draenor EU best launch by miles

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Also helped that we weren't in the same zones. Not only were Alliance/Horde on seperate continents but also you could pick any of the 3 zones of that continent. We also didn't worry about a scenario intro because we've all already done it due to early access weeks before the release. Shadowlands is opening with the Maw, followed by everyone being in Bastion and following the same linear zone order after that. We haven't had a launch like this since MoP with everyone being in Jade Forest. I'd be very surprised if the launch was as smooth as Legion or BFA were, but I do imagine they'll be putting Classic's layering tech to use so it won't be another WoD launch.
    Classic's layering is just a variation of Sharding which was introduced in WoD. And WoD had everybody in the same zone as well before they split off to Frostfire and Shadowmoon. Problems didn't really happen until you had to zone into your Garrison, so i don't expect many issues here, especially due the lack of scenarios involved.