Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sure, but from a gameplay perspective there is no real relevance to having it at all. Outside of lore, they serve no real purpose.
    For gameplay it's just cool. Like having Gorehowl, Tusks of Mannoroth, Hammer of Twilight, etc.

Korthia looks... pathetic? They made no effort to make it look less like a copy pasted chunk of Ardenweald. You can be smart with reusing assets, this is not the example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Korthia looks... pathetic? They made no effort to make it look less like a copy pasted chunk of Ardenweald. You can be smart with reusing assets, this is not the example of that.
    First One Cities aren't exactly...big.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I‘m curious how Sanctum of Domination looks from the inside. I fear they just reused assets from Maw and Torghast and sticked it together. Both of these zones are one of the worst and most ugly in WoW yet. If the raid looks like that... well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I‘m curious how Sanctum of Domination looks from the inside. I fear they just reused assets from Maw and Torghast and sticked it together. Both of these zones are one of the worst and most ugly in WoW yet. If the raid looks like that... well.
    Pretty much Torghast, I imagine, since it is a part of it, after all. The one picture from the official post back at blizzconline looks like it.

Though I expect some new aesthetics too, if only because there's also a new wing of Torghast that seems to use the same new mobs.

I checked the previews of the Raid, it's the top part of the Tower, but it looks much different from the rest of it. Looks pretty fucking amazing, ngl.

And the boss fights sound top tier, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an early preview of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Pretty much Torghast, I imagine, since it is a part of it, after all. The one picture from the official post back at blizzconline looks like it.

Though I expect some new aesthetics too, if only because there's also a new wing of Torghast that seems to use the same new mobs.
    I mean sure, it’s Torghast, but make it look... different?

I watched the video above and it just looks like a less polished version of Icecrown Citadel (which is 12 years old).

Look at what they did with Tomb of Sargeras for example. That raid many different aesthetics (not even counting the spaceship fight), although it was fel-themed.

We‘ll see how it looks when it’s finished, not really impressed yet (especially due to Castle Nathria looking fantastic).

I mean sure, it’s Torghast, but make it look... different?

I watched the video above and it just looks like a less polished version of Icecrown Citadel (which is 12 years old).

Look at what they did with Tomb of Sargeras for example. That raid many different aesthetics (not even counting the spaceship fight), although it was fel-themed.

We‘ll see how it looks when it’s finished, not really impressed yet (especially due to Castle Nathria looking fantastic).
    What do you mean "less polished"? I'd argue the polish here is nice, considering the Raid is not even done yet.

The ToS raid was, while Fel Themed, also full of other themes since the raid itself was the one Temple of Elune that was built atop a Titan facility.

A more fair comparison would be Antorus tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    What do you mean "less polished"? I'd argue the polish here is nice, considering the Raid is not even done yet.

The ToS raid was, while Fel Themed, also full of other themes since the raid itself was the one Temple of Elune that was built atop a Titan facility.

A more fair comparison would be Antorus tbh.
    I never raided Antorus, so I have no idea about that raid. Didn’t it have parts outside and on other planets / planes?

I never raided Antorus, so I have no idea about that raid. Didn’t it have parts outside and on other planets / planes?
    Only Elunara and Seat of the Pantheon were really elsewhere. Everything else was on Argus, and inside/outside wasn't much of a difference, especially due to the scale of everything.

At most it had Eonar’s sanctuary world and the Seat of the Pantheon. Everything else was all demonic and Fel. There was the Red Titan core area of Antorus, but it’s still all Fel and whatnot.

The Sanctum of Domination has the Seat of the Arbiter/The Eternal Ones, and the Sanctum itself essentially serves as the Death version of Antorus.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I still laugh at the people that think the Jailer’s keeper level and isn’t going to be likely much stronger than Sargeras at the end of the patch.

Odyn’s literally a tool.

Corruption 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The icons say leather and the database file says leather. It seems they're really giving Sylvanas' shoulders to leather wearers.. which is super weird to me.
    They might be using the shoulders like the hunter weapon

It changes an ability or it might be the first of what will end up being every armor set shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Corruption 2.0
    Not even remotely similar. As a gem, they're inherently applied by the player, rather than being determined by RNG. Also sounds more like something you upgrade over time since each rank builds on the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Yeah, the raid is going to end with us fucking losing. That is what I'm 100% expecting. I also expect the Arbiter to fucking die.

That's...

REALLY. REALLY FAST. I thought this would be 9.2 or 9.3, at least. Also, the Winter Queen's sigil was also quick too. I wonder...if the Jailer is going to claim the Realms of Death for himself this patch...does that mean he'll be aiming for Life next? AH SHITTTTTTTTTTT

Also, the Jailer's "master plan" apparently went borne fruit, since the entire Cosmos essentially got fucked by him lmaooo
    You see this has me wondering what will happen next

If we lose (100% excited for btw) it means the shadowlands is completely fucked and even if we defeat the jailer it’s still fucked. This is making me think that during the “fixing” the time warp that makes a day outside equal seconds in reality gets changed and we end up with a time skip

- - - Updated - - -

Not even remotely similar. As a gem, they're inherently applied by the player, rather than being determined by RNG. Also sounds more like something you upgrade over time since each rank builds on the previous ones.
    Hence 2.0
    You could apply it directly to your gear via the 8.3.5 vendor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So Sylvanas doesn't die? We just "beat" her?
    Was there any doubt
    She’s gonna sacrifice herself to save Anduin

Was there any doubt
    She’s gonna sacrifice herself to save Anduin
    This would honestly be the pinnacle of the horrible writing in WoW in the last years. So totally a possibility.

She just has to reveal I‘m your mother! to Anduin and we could call it a day.

Hence 2.0
    You could apply it directly to your gear via the 8.3.5 vendor
    2.0 isn't "totally different thing completely unrelated to the previous", it's some sort of iteration. These run on a completely different base than Corruption. They're also missing a key feature of the corruption system.

This would honestly be the pinnacle of the horrible writing in WoW in the last years. So totally a possibility.

Nothing beats Grommash's redemption arc and Yrel's villain batting.

Nothing so far, at least. Here's hoping they don't ruin Alleria and Turalyon in the next expansion!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

2.0 isn't "totally different thing completely unrelated to the previous", it's some sort of iteration. These run on a completely different base than Corruption. They're also missing a key feature of the corruption system.
    You’re right an affix applies to your gear now is in no way shape or form a possible iteration on the affix applied to your gear in 8.2

You’re right an affix applies to your gear now is in no way shape or form a possible iteration on the affix applied to your gear in 8.2
    An affix that came with a clear downside and an entire system revolving around managing and mitigating that downside. Or did the Corruption part of the Corruption system slip your mind? This isn't even an affix to begin with, for that matter. If anything, this is closer to an iteration of the Glyph system.

According to my totally trustworthy, not-militant populist terrorist propaganda, actually, she's his lover.

Then again, it's a monarchy, so both works.