Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I checked the previews of the Raid, it's the top part of the Tower, but it looks much different from the rest of it. Looks pretty fucking amazing, ngl.

And the boss fights sound top tier, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an early preview of the raid.
    Looks pretty average to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Looks pretty average to me.
    I mean it's basically 1:1 Torghast, which makes sense, because it is Torghast, but... there should be some variation. If that's it, it indeed is pretty average.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean it's basically 1:1 Torghast, which makes sense, because it is Torghast, but... there should be some variation. If that's it, it indeed is pretty average.
    The lower levels seems like its just Torghast, but I think the upper levels are unique enough.

There is also the obvious limitation here that we are supposed to be raiding Torghast, it would be odd if it didnt look like the Torghast we know on at least some level.
    Just imagine if during the Battle for Dazar'alor the area we went to didnt look anything like the outside areas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The lower levels seems like its just Torghast, but I think the upper levels are unique enough.

There is also the obvious limitation here that we are supposed to be raiding Torghast, it would be odd if it didnt look like the Torghast we know on at least some level.
    Just imagine if during the Battle for Dazar'alor the area we went to didnt look anything like the outside areas.
    You’re absolutely right, at the end of the day it’s still Torghast. It’s just that the Vanilla Torghast doesn’t look very good or impressive either in my opinion. I‘m not sure if I want an entire raid with that aesthetic, but I guess people that like the design of Torghast will like the design of the raid, too.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. it realy doesnt jump out in any way.

So saying its fucking awesome and sick is bit to much credit, for slighty different thorghast.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So I think you believe 2.0 means it must be the same system entirely....it doesn’t

They took the corruption system which was “we add this ability to gear but also add a negative” and then removed the rng acquisition and the negative aspect which is good because it didn’t turn out how they wanted it to anyways.

It’s corruption 2.0 in the same way islands were scenarios 2.0 unless you believe that since it’s on islands it’s a completely different system
    Not the same, but at least similar. This new system is about as similar to corruption as it is to trinkets, weapon enchants or talents, so calling it Corruption 2.0 is rather shortsighted.

They also never removed the corruption aspect of corruption until they removed the entire system, so i'm not sure what you're talking about there.

You're vastly overemphasising minor similarities while completely ignoring the massive differences. Islands were far more similar to Scenarios than corruption and the new runes.
    Look long enough and you'll find similarities everywhere. By your logic i might as well argue that your body is like a sun since both have mass and contain hydrogen atoms.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not the same, but at least similar. This new system is about as similar to corruption as it is to trinkets, weapon enchants or talents, so calling it Corruption 2.0 is rather shortsighted.

They also never removed the corruption aspect of corruption until they removed the entire system, so i'm not sure what you're talking about there.

You're vastly overemphasising minor similarities while completely ignoring the massive differences. Islands were far more similar to Scenarios than corruption and the new runes.
    Look long enough and you'll find similarities everywhere. By your logic i might as well argue that your body is like a sun since both have mass and contain hydrogen atoms.
    Corruption were affixes you could add to your gear
    The datamined affixes are something we can add to our gear

It’s the next step of the system but because they don’t have the negative aspect it’s suddenly just a little similar....the negative debuffs didn’t work in practice the way they wanted anyways and it artificially made you feel bad if you got a piece you couldn’t use because of resistance. The obvious solution is essentially the legendary gem system from MoP.

Let’s look at similarities between the final corruption system and the new affixes

Corruption:
    Targeted through a vendor
    Multiple ranks
    Effected your character in a way outside of simple stat sticks like gems
    Had a drawback designed to keep you from wearing too much (which failed btw)

New items:
    Multiple ranks
    Seems to be targetable
    Effects your character outside of just a stat stick like gems

Hmmm yeah ya know I don’t see why anyone would think the two were connected at all I mean it’s not like the new items are designed for a specific kind of gear that isn’t regular gear similar to the cleansed gear and corrupted gear...wait that’s right theres maw-forged.

Corruption were affixes you could add to your gear
    The datamined affixes are something we can add to our gear
    So is any enchant or gem. You're not showing anything that is sufficient to consider the new system an evolution of Corruption in particular.

For that matter, any trinket is similar to these.

That it doesn't appear to be a kiss/curse system already makes it vastly different from corruption.

Corruption also didn't really have that elaborate of an effect. The vast majority were either damage procs, stat procs or permanent stat increases. You can get the same from weapon enchants. Does that make Corruption Enchanting 2.0?

Hmmm yeah ya know I don’t see why anyone would think the two were connected at all I mean it’s not like the new items are designed for a specific kind of gear that isn’t regular gear similar to the cleansed gear and corrupted gear...wait that’s right theres maw-forged.
    Well, no, it isn't. Corrupted gear was just regular gear that either randomly rolled a corruption or got one applied by the player. Cleansed gear is literally just regular gear. Your comparison is built on an ongoing 9.0 earthquake.

You’re absolutely right, at the end of the day it’s still Torghast. It’s just that the Vanilla Torghast doesn’t look very good or impressive either in my opinion. I‘m not sure if I want an entire raid with that aesthetic, but I guess people that like the design of Torghast will like the design of the raid, too.
    I think it looks much better than Torghast on the whole.
    The weakness of the Torghast we have now is that it is endlessly copypasted hallways and open areas, with maybe a couple of actually distinct areas.

With the exception of the lower areas of the raid which seems to just be loads of bridges this raid does seem to have quite a bit of variety instead of just being hallways. The observatory area where you see landmasses being dragged in springs to ind.

Though I guess I have to agree that if you don't enjoy Torghast to beign with I doubt this one will sway you. The boss areas specifically sems to be generic rooms so far.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So is any enchant or gem. You're not showing anything that is sufficient to consider the new system an evolution of Corruption in particular.

For that matter, any trinket is similar to these.

That it doesn't appear to be a kiss/curse system already makes it vastly different from corruption.

Corruption also didn't really have that elaborate of an effect. The vast majority were either damage procs, stat procs or permanent stat increases. You can get the same from weapon enchants. Does that make Corruption Enchanting 2.0?

Well, no, it isn't. Corrupted gear was just regular gear that either randomly rolled a corruption or got one applied by the player. Cleansed gear is literally just regular gear. Your comparison is built on an ongoing 9.0 earthquake.
    You completely ignored the rest of what I put there eh?

Eh it don’t matter it’s essentially the same as the MoP legendary meta gem and they are pretty interesting

You completely ignored the rest of what I put there eh?

Eh it don’t matter it’s essentially the same as the MoP legendary meta gem and they are pretty interesting
    No, because you didn't really put anything there. Your similarities are so basic that you could pretty much make a connection to just about any system that way.