1. #1301
    Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    You do realise that ATVI has a lot of games besides WoW and a lot of them work pretty much on MTs alone (like HS and HOTS for example). This number does not say anything.
    It says a lot. It also says that if blizzard wants to monetize classic, they have to include its players into retail.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

  2. #1302
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    It says a lot. It also says that if blizzard wants to monetize classic, they have to include its players into retail.
    It works for both games; more people who get bored of one are going to stay subbed because they can try the other.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  3. #1303
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    It says a lot. It also says that if blizzard wants to monetize classic, they have to include its players into retail.
    No it doesn't. It all comes down to an equation:

    <classic-loving subs> * <classic ARPU> + <retail-loving subs> * <retail ARPU> = revenue

    And decision to make retail more like vanilla will make some numbers go up, while other go down. And we can only guess by how much. It actually is a topic for a large marketing research. And without numbers our further discussion is pointless.
    Lets agree to the fact that decision to make retail more vanilla like has (financial) downsides and is not as clear-cut as some people make it.

  4. #1304
    Pandaren Monk Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Thanks for the answer.
    I think Worgen heritage armor will be like Genns armor
    Speaking about which. You think Genn will ever get decent weapons models? He looks pretty cool now, but his gun and sword both look super average. I'm not saying everyone needs to weild something like the Ashbringer or Doomhammer, but still. He is one of the central Alliance leaders for the past few expansions. He needs better loot.

  5. #1305
    Pandaren Monk Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Speaking about which. You think Genn will ever get decent weapons models? He looks pretty cool now, but his gun and sword both look super average. I'm not saying everyone needs to weild something like the Ashbringer or Doomhammer, but still. He is one of the central Alliance leaders for the past few expansions. He needs better loot.
    He should wear those claws that drop from mobs in Blackwing Descent.

  6. #1306
    Pandaren Monk Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    He should wear those claws that drop from mobs in Blackwing Descent.
    Or just respec into the first worgen monk and use his own claws. Well he does have a lot of anger. He could use some meditation lessons.

  7. #1307
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    155
    Holy shit, this popped on 4chan and it looks legit, and it's also pretty high quality
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/477315003

  8. #1308
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    Holy shit, this popped on 4chan and it looks legit, and it's also pretty high quality
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/477315003
    That's so poorly done, I can see how the words on the title are copy pasted on the logo.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    True, but look at the story hooks! Old Gods, Dragons and Death. That's all we have now really.
    Something can always come out of thin air like Pandaria and WoD... and to a certain extent, cataclysm. I'd argue that it'd be best to explore a new land with new lore before completely exhausting what we have, as it can alleviate a bit the shock to those who cry whenever new lore is introduced.

  10. #1310
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's so poorly done, I can see how the words on the title are copy pasted on the logo.
    for a leak it's pretty damn good, it has a unique frame and expansion title font and if this is real i don't think the logo would already be 100% finished two months before the announcement.
    if its fake the leaker put a lot of effort in this.

  11. #1311
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    for a leak it's pretty damn good, it has a unique frame and expansion title font and if this is real i don't think the logo would already be 100% finished two months before the announcement.
    if its fake the leaker put a lot of effort in this.
    Dude, they did not even bother to smooth the borders were they pasted the words. I've made a better effort photoshopping my cat's pictures.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  12. #1312
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,534
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    for a leak it's pretty damn good, it has a unique frame and expansion title font and if this is real i don't think the logo would already be 100% finished two months before the announcement.
    if its fake the leaker put a lot of effort in this.
    Its literally just the generic wow logo but in black.

    And its a bloody logo, there are no "unfinished" logos.
    Any artists can make one in very few hours.

  13. #1313
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Its literally just the generic wow logo but in black.

    And its a bloody logo, there are no "unfinished" logos.
    Any artists can make one in very few hours.
    it looks pretty generic for an expansion yeah, but there are some unique details on this one, but i think they can be easly be photoshopped

  14. #1314
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    Holy shit, this popped on 4chan and it looks legit, and it's also pretty high quality
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/477315003
    Haven't we seen this one a few days ago? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but im pretty sure i remember being triggered by the way the expansion name is written.

  15. #1315
    Pandaren Monk Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Haven't we seen this one a few days ago? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but im pretty sure i remember being triggered by the way the expansion name is written.
    Also remember something like that.

  16. #1316
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Also remember something like that.
    Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago, it was that ugly "age of ascension" thing from 4chan i think
    similar names hmm...
    but at least this one looks much better

  17. #1317
    High Overlord Mindstripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    No, fuck rogues tbh
    You did have a decent rogue experience. It's called Classic. That's when the class peaked.

  18. #1318
    Pandaren Monk Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago, it was that ugly "age of ascension" thing from 4chan i think
    similar names hmm...
    but at least this one looks much better

    Still not convinced it could be legit. Leaks this season are too specific and sound like wishlists. And already have logos. Now a leak that would send us to the moon, have a few vague points and no title......now that would be mildly believable.

  19. #1319
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Now a leak that would send us to the moon, have a few vague points and no title......now that would be mildly believable.
    Fly me to the moons
    Let me play among the stars
    Let me see what loot is like on
    White Lady and the Child
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-09-09 at 06:29 PM. Reason: s

  20. #1320
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Haven't we seen this one a few days ago? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but im pretty sure i remember being triggered by the way the expansion name is written.
    We did.

    The previous logo was even worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •