3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    Real leaker faking chinese logo does not sound very convincing either.
    Doesn't make much sense, I know. But neither does spending days to fake and ingame screenshot for your 5 minutes of fame. The leaker might have figured that since the legit Legion leak was a bunch of chinese riddles, he would sinify his leak. Now I'm not convinced it is real. Far from it. But I'd rather pick this than Shadowlands. That went full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Doesn't make much sense, I know. But neither does spending days to fake and ingame screenshot for your 5 minutes of fame. The leaker might have figured that since the legit Legion leak was a bunch of chinese riddles, he would sinify his leak. Now I'm not convinced it is real. Far from it. But I'd rather pick this than Shadowlands. That went full retard.
    It's also possible though that whoever created the "leaks" wasn't really trying to make leaks at all. Maybe they're interested in graphic design, or modding, or just photoshopping things, and they also really like WoW, so they decided to practice by making a fake WoW expansion. Not with the intent to fool people, but just because they thought it would be fun. So they posted it asking for feedback on their logo, then someone reposts it elsewhere claiming it's a leak.

Like there are so many possibilities when it comes to that stuff that it's impossible to know for sure until Blizzard announces something themselves or the information is data mined.

Of course some people make fake leaks to purposely fool people, but I don't think that has to always be the case. And I also don't think leaks are a bad thing, they're kind of fun when it gets everybody speculating on what's going to happen. But I also don't think it's ever really worth taking seriously unless there's some kind of definitive proof, like the leaks we saw for Mortal Kombat where all the DLC character names were found in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They use the first one, literal age (in years) of a thing

They should have used the second one, which is Age as in a specific time period or era.
    You are absolutely correct.

I had no idea whether "Age of Awakening" is real or fake until I saw this laughable "Chinese" translation.

NO ONE who excels at Chinese would translate the "Age" in this case into "年龄",
    because it doesn't make any sense at all.

We who know Chinese very well will definitely translate the "Age" in this case into "时代",
    or sometimes "年代" which is closer to "era", and we'll also tend to not use the "的" in the middle,
    because using "的" feels too colloquial.

"觉醒时代" or "觉醒年代" are what its Chinese name will likely be if this "Age of Awakening" is real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That is fine but this forum has shit rules so they will just say "don't necro" and close thread, just so you open another one with all history of previous one neglected. GG.
    These discussion threads have a track record of getting closed only once the expansion in question releases, and gets renamed in the meantime (like the 8.3 speculation thread, I think it was OG 8.2 discussion).

Point being that these "hypethreads" do serve a purpose and they are a part of MMO-C culture going years back
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shitposter View Post

I had no idea whether "Age of Awakening" is real or fake until I saw this laughable "Chinese" translation.

We who know Chinese very well will definitely translate the "Age" in this case into "时代",
    or sometimes "年代" which is closer to "era", and we'll also tend to not use the "的" in the middle,

"觉醒时代" or "觉醒年代" are what its Chinese name will likely be if this "Age of Awakening" is real.
    That's even assuming the title will be a literal translation.
    For Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward was titled: Azure Skies of Ishgard in japanese. Stormblood was Liberators of the Crimson Lotus while Shadowbringers is Jetblack traitors.

Dunno what the practice in WoW is. but Mists of Pandaria doesn't look like Mists of Pandaria. It does include panda though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Except Classic, where none of that eeeveerrrrr happened.

And where you'll find me if they pull that.
    For me, Antorus was the end of WoW. Once Legion ended, before Sargeras got imprisoned, he stabbed Azeroth, only for the planet itself to collapse from the wound. Nothing else has ever happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Employees probably have to signs dated attendance sheets.
    It is like watching an elementary school kid imagine what a job must be like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    January/february is insanely far away. if they do that its gonna be terrible
    Expansions last 2 years. They have 4 raid tiers. A raid tier happens every 5-6 months. It has been 15 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well for old gods, we have had Void content for one expansion already, (ghuun, azshara and maybe a 3rd with nzoth if he is the boss) more than the faction content.

Most people thought we were getting Azshara south seas expansion after MoP and WoD And Legion.
    This is like saying the new Star Wars movie probably won't have lightsabers or space ships because the last movie had them.

There are no bad guys left outside of N'zoth and the Void Lords. Either WoW will end, or the story will continue. They aren't going to throw away a decade of connected stories right before the final chapter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    100% all my bets on Sylvanas as final boss. It is the choice that makes the most sense narratively and thematically. N'zoth as the final boss would only make sense if Sylvanas comes out as a fanatical N'zoth cultist sometime between now and the raid, and i do not think that would be the best idea.
    I guess we found one of those people who don't read quest text.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I've got a feeling 9.0 will be profession focused, thinking we'll finally get a thorough profession rework.
    Seems like dumping the archeology cosmetics into refer a friend is a sign they aren't doing that.

Either that or since they rolled first aid into tailoring, they could roll archeology into mining as part of a professions reboot.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    I just realized that I don't actually want the next expansion to be leaked, I want this Blizzcon to surprise me.
    Going for that ol' reverse psychology I see. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Actually, activision blizzard makes more money with MT than ever before. 2017 they made $4.1bn
    Luckily they have no games other than WoW.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by shitposter View Post

To be fair, the number of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and errant apostrophes in this game make it difficult for me to decide that Blizzard wouldn't fuck up like this.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Blizzard is always careful to balance the titles of their games. If one word is smaller, they skew the "of the" more to one side, so that it balances the larger word. Mists and Wrath are smaller than "Pandaria" and "Lich King", so "of the" are balanced to the left. Chosing the word "AGE" is unusually small in comparison to their other titles. Unusual enough to have to make the preposition "OF" more important by making it almost as large and capitalized as the rest of the title.

The visual effect ends up being unbalanced and ugly. Why not chose a visually pleasing synonym for "Age", instead of making ugly compromises? Especially with that giant "O" randomly floating above the line break where Age and Awakening are leveled.
    If this was real, they could easily have done:

* The Age of Awakening

to balance out the title. Or even:

* The Age of the Awakening

which gets a little hard to say, but is better than the photoshop we got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Weren’t there multiple Awakenings or Awakening-esque leaks?
    It is the logically sound next steps. The options are:

1. Azeroth is killed.
    2. Azeroth is saved and she is born uncorrupted.
    3. Azeroth is born corrupted.
    4. Punt.

You'd think if the world spirit dies, the world would go to shit. You'd like if she is born corrupted, the world would go to shit. If she is born uncorrupted, she'd do whatever titan mission things titans do, which would include terraforming and creating a new army to fight N'zoth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    You'd think if the world spirit dies, the world would go to shit. You'd like if she is born corrupted, the world would go to shit. If she is born uncorrupted, she'd do whatever titan mission things titans do, which would include terraforming and creating a new army to fight N'zoth.
    I don't think they would do a whole "Azeroth dies" because look at how much shit Blizzard got over the Cataclysm revamp and people missing the old zones.

IF it did happen, it'd probably be temporary imo.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I don't think they would do a whole "Azeroth dies" because look at how much shit Blizzard got over the Cataclysm revamp and people missing the old zones.

I don't know that we know for sure what happens if Azeroth does die. Antorus appears to still be there with Argus dead.

On the plus side, if Azeroth does die, there is no purpose for the old gods to be here anymore. That could mean they kill everyone or could mean they just... leave.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

Temporary? Like we resurrect her?

Magni: Heroes Azeroth died. But no worries we can retcon it.

Heroes: You sure? Your last method got an Old God rescued. Besides bringing back a world soul is sounds like a lot of work. We can't even bring Varian back.

Magni: no worries. Resurrecting a world soul is easy.

Heroes: So what was the point of trying to heal her with that bloody azerite necklace?

Magni: Blizzard was out of ideas.

Heroes: And they have a good idea now?

Magni: This is not the time for questions. This is the time to act quickly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like a temporary world revamp, say they "change the zones cuz we're in shadowlands" and they look different, but it's only when you're in shadowlands or something like that. So that the already existing zones can be visited.

I don't really have an idea of how they'll do it but I don't see a world revamp happening is all. They said in Legion they would do it piece-meal, and that's what they have been doing with like the Warfronts changing their respective zones. And soon the revamped BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I don't know that we know for sure what happens if Azeroth does die. Antorus appears to still be there with Argus dead.
    Yeah but the world is still shattered and everything, that's what I'm talking about. I don't believe they would do that to Azeroth.

Magni: Heroes Azeroth died. But no worries we can retcon it.

Heroes: You sure? Your last method got an Old God rescued. Besides bringing back a world soul is sounds like a lot of work. We can't even bring Varian back.

Magni: no worries. Resurrecting a world soul is easy.

Heroes: So what was the point of trying to heal her with that bloody azerite necklace?

Magni: Blizzard was out of ideas.

Heroes: And they have a good idea now?

Magni: This is not the time for questions. This is the time to act quickly.
    "Turns out if we just keep going back in time, we don't need to save the planet."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "Turns out if we just keep going back in time, we don't need to save the planet."
    Or we move to the moon. Frankly that's like the only reason I can think of to actually include those bloody tinkers. They can help with terraforming the moon. Also players are given a crater to terraform on their own and bam. Housing for you. Actual real housing this time. Customizable space ships for combat. Everything. Not much old school fantasy sadly. Unless there are ruins on the moon filled with monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This game needs a world revamp and a level squish ASAP. Any expansion that not includes that will dissapoint me
    I feel you "Sephiroth" (great character btw was my favorite). I want desperately a world revamp and a level squish i can't imagine next expansion being announced as level 130. LOL that would be too crazy i couldn't take it anymore to be fair.

Or we move to the moon. Frankly that's like the only reason I can think of to actually include those bloody tinkers. They can help with terraforming the moon. Also players are given a crater to terraform on their own and bam. Housing for you. Actual real housing this time. Customizable space ships for combat. Everything. Not much old school fantasy sadly. Unless there are ruins on the moon filled with monsters.
    Yeah.... About the moon.... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Moons haunted

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    Yeah.... About the moon.... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Moons haunted
    Okay. I get it so far. So what's the bad news?