Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yesterday I watched all the reveal trailers. Hard to pick a best but TBC had the worst with WoD as a close second. WotLK and Cata had stuff cut out. Ironically BfA had a great reveal trailer.
    Did it though? I instantly hated it. Don't know why but the moment I saw Warfronts, Island Expeditions and Allied Races I'd knew this expansion is going to be bad. I had the same vibes as with WoD were all was boiled down and centered around visuals and no real features or gameplay additions. And then the faction war storyline made it even worse.

People might remember, I was disliking BfA before it was even released (sorry, this expansion - although Azshara and South Seas was my favorite setting ever - could have been so so so much better) because it just was bad, everything we knew and saw about it.

And now, one year later, it's worse than I could have imagined. It's just so sad that they wasted Kul Tiras, Zandalar and Azshara in such a wack expansion.

I really liked the premise and everything surrounding Cataclysm, with a better 4.1 and 4.3 the expansion could have been one of the best with its entire premise of world ending. Didn't like MoP at the start but totally digged the Old God flavour later on (and I still think 5.2 is the best content patch ever released with ToT being one of the best raids ever).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-15 at 07:39 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Did it though? I instantly hated it. Don't know why but the moment I saw Warfronts, Island Expeditions and Allied Races I'd knew this expansion is going to be bad. I had the same vibes as with WoD were all was boiled down and centered around visuals and no real features or gameplay additions.
    Well Warfront, Island Expeditions and Allied Races were all features though. And I freakin loved the Kul Tiras reveal. Looked great. I only started hating it after I got into the beta and realized how soulless the combat is.

Well Warfront, Island Expeditions and Allied Races were all features though. And I freakin loved the Kul Tiras reveal. Looked great. I only started hating it after I got into the beta and realized how soulless the combat is.
    I know that they are marketed as features yet I don't rate them as such. Garrison was a feature as well and... well, we know how that ended. Those things just add nothing to the game in the end (imho). That's why BfA feels like a step down coming from Legion.

Yet I am here, still optimistic the next expansion will be great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did it though? I instantly hated it. Don't know why but the moment I saw Warfronts, Island Expeditions and Allied Races I'd knew this expansion is going to be bad..
    same here, when i saw kultiras and zandalar i was: fuck yeah --- snip ---, lets do this, but then disappointment

If they still have some sort of self-awareness they know they messed up this expansion and the next will at least have some work on it, like Legion did after wow

Mod Edit: In the future let's avoid using racial slurs or epithets even if they're used in jest.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-16 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Removed racial epithet.

3+ Year Old Account
    I know that they are marketed as features yet I don't rate them as such. Garrison was a feature as well and... well, we know how that ended. Those things just add nothing to the game in the end (imho). That's why BfA feels like a step down coming from Legion.
    But did you know that just by the reveal video though? Like for example that we will have a grand total of two warfronts? I mean Garrisons looked good on paper. And indeed if it were on top of regular content updates and not instead of them it could have been a pretty cool feature.

As for Legion? What did it add for the game? We don't know the order halls or the artifact weapons in BfA. And if you are playing Legion now the artifacts aren't anymore impressive than your average rare weapon.

I’m in the solo camp that Warfronts and Island Expeditions can be saved. While they’re not great features I can “hope” (I guess that’s the best word) they can be iterated upon and be a more compelling piece of content.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I’m in the solo camp that Warfronts and Island Expeditions can be saved. While they’re not great features I can “hope” (I guess that’s the best word) they can be iterated upon and be a more compelling piece of content.
    So they can't be saved, but they can be salvaged into better content. Like how Garrisons improved into Order Halls and Artifact weapons devolved into crappy necklaces.

So they can't be saved, but they can be salvaged into better content. Like how Garrisons improved into Order Halls and Artifact weapons devolved into crappy necklaces.
    Saved/salvaged, feels like an argument in semantics imo.

Getting into it a bit further, with Warfronts, just my opinion, but I feel Blizzard just mid-marketed them. They talked a big game about pulling from WC3 and introducing RTS elements. If they had just been, “these are bi-weekly 20man raid (MoP) scenarios” I don’t think the player-base would’ve been as anti-Warfronts as they are, don’t get me wrong they’d still be anti-Warfront, just a hair less.

However, I stick to my guns, I feel these things can evolve into better features. Do I think they will? No, I suspect post BFA we never see ‘em again.

Warfronts are gone after this expansion, they don't serve a purpose without the faction conflict.

Island Expeditions might come back in one way or another, I'm not expecting it but I can see them trying to somehow bring them over into the next expansion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Saved/salvaged, feels like an argument in semantics imo.

Getting into it a bit further, with Warfronts, just my opinion, but I feel Blizzard just mid-marketed them. They talked a big game about pulling from WC3 and introducing RTS elements. If they had just been, “these are bi-weekly 20man raid (MoP) scenarios” I don’t think the player-base would’ve been as anti-Warfronts as they are, don’t get me wrong they’d still be anti-Warfront, just a hair less.

However, I stick to my guns, I feel these things can evolve into better features. Do I think they will? No, I suspect post BFA we never see ‘em again.
    Maybe. But I have multiple degrees in linguistics so you'll have to forgive me. To me save implies that it can carry on relatively intact. Blizzard on the other hand just takes parts of a feature and transfers those into the next expansion. Hence the use of salvage.

Totally agree on the rest.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warfronts I think can't be saved. They should have been World PvP content.

Islands I think are one of those features where you'll see the underlying tech repurposed into something much better while the actual coat of paint on top is thrown in the dumpster. Blizz now has the ability to take an instance and dynamically apply mob layouts from a multitude of potential presets. Plus throw in random events. All they need now is the ability to piece rooms together at random and they can make the Scenarios we've been asking for for years, Roguelike Dungeons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Islands I think are one of those features where you'll see the underlying tech repurposed into something much better while the actual coat of paint on top is thrown in the dumpster. Blizz now has the ability to take an instance and dynamically apply mob layouts from a multitude of potential presets. Plus throw in random events. All they need now is the ability to piece rooms together at random and they can make the Scenarios we've been asking for for years, Roguelike Dungeons.
    Imagine a timewalking raid that randomises boss rooms and maybe even bosses between those rooms, so you jump from fighting Marrowgar to Ragnaros, then three Lich Kings in a row because fuck RNG.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Warfronts are gone after this expansion, they don't serve a purpose without the faction conflict.

Island Expeditions might come back in one way or another, I'm not expecting it but I can see them trying to somehow bring them over into the next expansion.
    Seems like a good reason to not fully rid the game of the Faction Conflict then. Also I did point out that I have no expectation of them returning, so, gratz, we're on the same page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I fundamentally disagree, but I'm not one to constantly go back and forth, I don't think it'll help either of us, me especially.

I agree with IE, a lot of what they brought into the game will be largely re-purposed. I don't venture too far into other games and game genres, so excuse my ignorance, but I don't really understand what Roguelike is. I've been seeing it around a lot, scratch my head and move back on to my WoW or FRPGs.
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2019-09-15 at 06:12 PM.

The scenario itself is pure PvE content, this could remain as neutral content vs future Big Bad's forces. No other player faction to tug for control of the zone, so it could be a simple weekly lockout for the big quest, and available 24/7, or tied to a system similar to the Broken Shore buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    in priority:
    -class gameplay rework
    -find a way to recreate a comunity feeling
    -remove wf tf and all the exageration of loot rng
    - return of tier as they should be: 2pc change core rotaion 4pc increase power
    - not so invading leggendary/artifact/azerite system... should be just a balancing lever not core system
    - loot need more importance, so less loot but stronger
    - lfr do not drop tier or good trinket
    - dungeon challenge return, less mythic+
    - profession rework
    - more alt friendly
    - fly when cap lvl instant
    - no new zone, rework all the world
    - stop the crappy turtle/bejewel wq
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    The scenario itself is pure PvE content, this could remain as neutral content vs future Big Bad's forces. No other player faction to tug for control of the zone, so it could be a simple weekly lockout for the big quest, and available 24/7, or tied to a system similar to the Broken Shore buildings.
    the tech is definitely staying and the overall idea of "build up your forces then make a final push" is going to be a spin on the black empire

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Imagine a timewalking raid that randomises boss rooms and maybe even bosses between those rooms, so you jump from fighting Marrowgar to Ragnaros, then three Lich Kings in a row because fuck RNG.
    interestingly enough this suggestion isn't new

the 9 boss anniversary raid coming is the perfect example of this

just take some of the most iconic raid bosses from the past and throw them together for the players to have a bit of fun (i say bit because balancing to be clearable by EVERYBODY makes it boring for some but for them i suggest just getting guildies and knocking it out)

possible we continue with this

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how warfronts will be utilised beyond BfA. It would be interesting if they implemented them as an epic BG.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    I wonder how warfronts will be utilised beyond BfA. It would be interesting if they implemented them as an epic BG.
    They're just scenarios with 20 ppl, not 3.

They're just scenarios with 20 ppl, not 3.
    They are quite a bit more than that, though obviously all such systems are essentially instanced dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They are quite a bit more than that, though obviously all such systems are essentially instanced dungeons.
    Are they, they follow the exact same things scenarios in MoP did? Does size of the map matter? Steps in the scenario? I mean they are just larger scale, A Little Patience.