1. #1661
    I know most people hate BFA and can't wait for 9.0, but doesn't BFA still have just under another year left in it? Legion lasted 2 years and BFA is just over 1 year old.

  2. #1662
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I know most people hate BFA and can't wait for 9.0, but doesn't BFA still have just under another year left in it? Legion lasted 2 years and BFA is just over 1 year old.
    Yes it does. But, as is tradition, we're going to get 9.0 revealed at Blizzcon in just about another month, hence the thread (and the leaks).

    And before anyone tries to bring it up (you know who you are) yes we will have an 8.3.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  3. #1663
    It's funny that leak season started way too early, but now, one month before reveal, leakers seem to have disappeared. After Legion, this was the moment where leaks and discussions were at their strongest. If there were spoilers for next patch, people would be speculating like crazy, fueling ideas to "leakers".

    Essentially, Blizzard's secrecy on 8.2.5 has left would-be "leakers" without any idea of where the franchise is headed.
    Whatever...

  4. #1664
    Which might be the plan.

  5. #1665
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Which might be the plan.
    Expect leaks to come out in force once 8.2.5 content is revealed. Especially if the campaign is not timegated.
    Whatever...

  6. #1666
    Who says there will be a 9.0?

  7. #1667
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,362
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's funny that leak season started way too early, but now, one month before reveal, leakers seem to have disappeared. After Legion, this was the moment where leaks and discussions were at their strongest. If there were spoilers for next patch, people would be speculating like crazy, fueling ideas to "leakers".

    Essentially, Blizzard's secrecy on 8.2.5 has left would-be "leakers" without any idea of where the franchise is headed.
    Once we see how the war campaign ends I bet we get 3 new leaks that week.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  8. #1668
    You know, 8.3 might just be nothing more than a raid. If it's one that doesn't need new art creating for it, how long does it take to put one together?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  9. #1669
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...edition/197309

    Here you go. Luckily somebody already looked for them for me.
    And failed to find them, apparently.

  10. #1670
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You know, 8.3 might just be nothing more than a raid. If it's one that doesn't need new art creating for it, how long does it take to put one together?
    Imagine it being a city raid, e.g. akin to Siege of Orgrimmar but with more open space and located in Stormwind. Doesn't sound that difficult or hard to create, environmental assets are all there, you just have to design boss fights.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  11. #1671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Imagine it being a city raid, e.g. akin to Siege of Orgrimmar but with more open space and located in Stormwind. Doesn't sound that difficult or hard to create, environmental assets are all there, you just have to design boss fights.
    Probably worth pointing out that they deliberately added an entire massive raid area under Orgrimmar rather than just having the raid be the city.

  12. #1672
    Herald of the Titans ATZenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,533
    I’m disappointed the leaks have stopped. I always get interested in seeing them. And as is tradition, there is always one real leak mixed with the fake ones. Which we never really know what it is until later

  13. #1673
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I’m disappointed the leaks have stopped. I always get interested in seeing them. And as is tradition, there is always one real leak mixed with the fake ones. Which we never really know what it is until later
    There will be plenty closer to Blizzcon.

  14. #1674

  15. #1675
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You know, 8.3 might just be nothing more than a raid. If it's one that doesn't need new art creating for it, how long does it take to put one together?
    I could buy it. Essences strikes me as a 8.3 twist feature Ala shipyards and the crucible that launched early to fight bad press.

    But I think we get at least one new zone. They need to get us to N'zoth somehow.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  16. #1676
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Probably worth pointing out that they deliberately added an entire massive raid area under Orgrimmar rather than just having the raid be the city.
    They might not have done that, had Grommash Hold not been right at the front door.

    But I think we get at least one new zone. They need to get us to N'zoth somehow.
    We might not go to N'Zoth; he could come to us.

    There's what looks like it could be an instance portal reference on the map in the Chamber of Heart, so if he goes after the World-Soul directly, the end raid might be us trying to get there before he does.

    And if Sylvanas is still knocking around by then, I'd expect the end cutscene to be her popping up and turning the World-Soul undead to stop it from dying.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2019-09-22 at 11:00 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  17. #1677
    So, after “9.0 was scrapped”, we now have “9.0 will be a raid of reused assets”?
    Whatever...

  18. #1678
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    turning the World-Soul undead to stop it from dying.
    As far as I remember the only person shown to direct convert is Arthas when he's making Val'kyr. So the world soul would still just be dying and being brought back. Also being undead doesn't make you immune to dying, so it wouldn't actually accomplish much.

  19. #1679
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,819
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I miss bjoramier.
    Oh yeah, he's playing Classic now. Want an inv to the Discord server me and him are in?

  20. #1680
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Oh yeah, he's playing Classic now. Want an inv to the Discord server me and him are in?
    Yes please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •