Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I think it was probably just an error by who ever made the image, It was supposed to be for the night elves but had the neutral dark ranger hero in it instead
    Even if that were the case, that is a markedly night elven looking dark ranger, which was unheard of in wc3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Even if that were the case, that is a markedly night elven looking dark ranger, which was unheard of in wc3
    Just think about this logically, Why would there be night elf dark rangers in warcraft 3?

It may look a bit like a night elf but the skin color is more pink than dark purple like the other elves in that photo
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-05 at 06:17 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But, again, we're talking WC3 not WoW. I fail to see how people are saying "A Dark Ranger in WC3 means a Dark Ranger in WoW."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    The Warcraft 3 Megathread has something interesting for 9.0.
    We have images of a Night-Elf Dark Ranger that were posted to the official WC3 website, only to be taken down soon after.
    Dark Rangers coming to WoW?
    what "dark ranger?" like sylvanas? she is one of the hero you could buy as mercenary, nothing else

Just think about this logically, Why would there be night elf dark rangers in warcraft 3?
    The only reasons I can think are either bonus campaigns rolling out past tft, which could be a tie in to a supposedly 9.0 class (not that I see it as terribly likely, but hey it's a possibility) or paid skins for the neutral dark ranger hero. One way or another, there IS a night elf dark ranger concept art related to wc3 reforged.

I must agree with slowpoke however, for now there is no reason to run around screaming that the dark rangers are coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only reasons I can think are either bonus campaigns rolling out past tft, which could be a tie in to a supposedly 9.0 class (not that I see it as terribly likely, but hey it's a possibility) or paid skins for the neutral dark ranger hero. One way or another, there IS a night elf dark ranger concept art related to wc3 reforged.

I must agree with slowpoke however, for now there is no reason to run around screaming that the dark rangers are coming.
    I think your making massive leaps of judgement based on a single photo that was later removed, there is no hard proof that is it a night elf dark ranger aside from skin color

The photo had a neutral hero and building which are good reasons to take them down as all the other photos had 3 faction units
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-05 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think it's possible for them to un-spaghetti the code. Problem is it'd likely be the main focus of an expansion so that means no shiny new feature like Islands, or Artifacts, or Garrisons. Not that I think the playerbase left after those fiascos would mind.

Would people mind if Blizz got up on stage and rattled off the 9.0 features and like 75% of them are behind the scenes fixes while 25% are pertaining to leveling and 0% to endgame (outside of the usual zones, raids, etc.)

Lore gets a bad rep same as Ion honestly. Their Q&A format is awkward, the duo don't have chemistry, it rarely does what players want it to do (which is announce new stuff), and they're put out as the public face of WoW which always ends badly (just ask Ghostcrawler).

- - - Updated - - -

Unless that Dark Ranger was in WoW, no.
    Oh no. im talking about lore by himself. him calling people shitheads, and douchebag mcgee and stuff isn't a way to represent your company positively.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'll repost this here:

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Original image was this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

Night Elf image updated on the Reforged site.

Tree of Life, Druid of the Talon, and what seems to be an Archer but not quite.

-Edit- Seems like it is confirmed to be a Dark Ranger

Blizzard could have accidently (or was it intentional?) leaked a Dark Ranger's easter egg that could be a spoiler about 9.0

The blizzard mod clearly stated it was a dark ranger, not shandris or another character / unit

it could be a secret easter egg about 9.0, as it could be hinting a possible dark ranger hero class for example.

Still, the mod clearly wrote Dark Ranger, not Shandris or Night Elf Ranger or a night elf hero unit. With Illidan, Tyrande, Malfurion and Maiev, and so many other Night Elf units, why did they choose a Dark Ranger above all else to represent the race?

When it was discovered, they rapidly removed the image from the warcraft 3 reforged website, which makes it even more suspicious

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what "dark ranger?" like sylvanas? she is one of the hero you could buy as mercenary, nothing else
    No. Night Elf Dark Rangers. Which, to be frank were unheard of in WC3.
    No, it doesn't look like Shandris.

I think your making massive leaps of judgement based on a single photo that was later removed, there is no hard proof that is it a night elf dark ranger aside from skin color which itself isn't a good argument
    I made no judgment, I simply said that that dark ranger does indeed look like a night elf.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I think your making massive leaps of judgement based on a single photo that was later removed, there is no hard proof that is it a night elf dark ranger aside from skin color

The photo had a neutral hero and building which are good reasons to take them down as all the other photos had 3 faction units
    No. that ancient is Uprooted, meaning it is a unit and not a building.
    In addition, the neutral hero is quite clearly a NE Dark Ranger.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's.... a ranger.....

There's nothing there that ties it to a Dark Ranger at all. Unless you think "oh they wear dark colors so they're a dark ranger" is proof of anything. Besides, again, it's a game set 15 years in the past now. If you think this proves a 9.0 new class you're doing gold medal mental gymnastics to justify your desires.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2019-08-05 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Double Posted
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    No. that ancient is Uprooted, meaning it is a unit and not a building.
    In addition, the neutral hero is quite clearly a NE Dark Ranger.
    you could be confusing because of their colors, dark Rangers had dark skins because they were dead...

there was not NE dark rangers in WC era, even the banshee were made of HE

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's.... a ranger.....

There's nothing there that ties it to a Dark Ranger at all. Unless you think "oh they wear dark colors so they're a dark ranger" is proof of anything. Besides, again, it's a game set 15 years in the past now. If you think this proves a 9.0 new class you're doing gold medal mental gymnastics to justify your desires.
    Mod confirmed to be a Dark Ranger

- - - Updated - - -

you could be confusing because of their colors, dark Rangers had dark skins because they were dead...

there was not NE dark rangers in WC era, even the banshee were made of HE
    Exactly, there weren't night elf dark rangers. They only appeared in BfA, in Darkshore Battlefront.
    That is why its very suspicious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Mod confirmed to be a Dark Ranger

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, there weren't night elf dark rangers. They only appeared in BfA, in Darkshore Battlefront.
    That is why its very suspicious.
    it could be indeed dark ranger but not a NE dark ranger, and just n HE, and they put there wrong, they look similar.

it could be indeed dark ranger but not a NE dark ranger, and just n HE, and they put there wrong, they look similar.
    the issue is they placed the Dark Ranger in the Night Elf Racial Theme, not in the undead one

This image was later removed from the website

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering they changed the picture, it was a mistake.

There were no Nelf Dark rangers at the time.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we should focus on speculating about 9.0 not Warcraft 3 dark rangers, It's not some hidden easter egg to the new expansion

8.2.5 PTR just got released so we should get some interesting lore tidbits especially about Wrathion, might be a good clue about where 8.3 will be heading
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-05 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Considering they changed the picture, it was a mistake.

There were no Nelf Dark rangers at the time.
    Have you seen the quality of that drawing? Why would Blizzard would do a drawing mistake like that...

The only mistake i think they might have done was releasing it too soon, because of... well, spoilers i guess?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Have you seen the quality of that drawing? Why would Blizzard would do a drawing mistake like that...

That isn't drawn, those are the in-game models.
    They just put them side by side and someone just put the DR in there.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-05 at 06:59 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal