Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
  1. #1021
    You are constantly getting stronger if you are casual leveling, because gear from new quests end up always better than what you had before.

    But, if you have a well-geared character from previous expansion, you do get weaker as new gear is often worse than yours, and your gear scaling gets worse as you level up.

    It’s not much different from what it was before scaling, except that you could outlevel some areas before, and you’d only feel weaker when you moved to new areas.

    IMO, the benefits of scaling far outweight its drawbacks. Whole world to play and never feeling really safe are awesome for the long term of the game. In pre-Legion expansions, 80% or so of the area became useless once you reached max level.

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    You are constantly getting stronger if you are casual leveling, because gear from new quests end up always better than what you had before.

    But, if you have a well-geared character from previous expansion, you do get weaker as new gear is often worse than yours, and your gear scaling get worse as tou level up.

    It’s not much different from what it was before scaling, except that you could outlevel some areas before, and you’d only feel weaker when you moved to new areas.

    IMO, the benefits of scaling far outweight its drawbacks. Whole world to play and never feeling really safe are awesome for the long term of the game. In pre-Legion expansions, 80% or so of the area became useless once you reached max level.
    Scaling makes fun when your character progresses otherwise. In BfA, your character doesn't. That's the biggest problem. Only your gear evolves, not your character itself (e.g new skills, talents etc.).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Scaling makes fun when your character progresses otherwise. In BfA, your character doesn't. That's the biggest problem. Only your gear evolves, not your character itself (e.g new skills, talents etc.).
    I agree. There should be some kind of progression. But I’m analyzing just the scaling tech, not the overall BfA experience. I’d hate to see scaling be removed just because class progression is bad.

  4. #1024
    Dollar says we won't even step foot in Ny'alotha this expac. Build to it, yep. 8.3 is going to have the faction war play out to it's conclusion and we'll end the expac on a big ass cliffhanger which will lead us to the Dragon isles and Ny'alotha in the next expac
    Kthxhugsbye

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He knows that, eventually leveling alts will run out and if you screw up end game...well it will be Cata again.
    There was nothing at all wrong with Cata. The raids were some of the best ones ever made, so were the dungeons. Arena was amazing. What are you talking about? Why do people insist Cata was bad, do you have any idea what you're talking about at all? BfA/WoD are/were bad. Cata was good.

    Many people enjoy leveling alts through the world once they are done with the end game/competitive side of WoW. After I'm done with M+ progression and arena I like to relax on an alt by enjoying WoW's awesome, open world. Open world which is -VERY OVERDUE- for an update.

  6. #1026
    Scarab Lord Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Think of us as a nice bowl of hot soup in your favorite tavern after a long day of adventuring. It warms body and soul.
    Is it leek soup tho ?

  7. #1027
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    There was nothing at all wrong with Cata. The raids were some of the best ones ever made, so were the dungeons. Arena was amazing. What are you talking about? Why do people insist Cata was bad, do you have any idea what you're talking about at all? BfA/WoD are/were bad. Cata was good.

    Many people enjoy leveling alts through the world once they are done with the end game/competitive side of WoW. After I'm done with M+ progression and arena I like to relax on an alt by enjoying WoW's awesome, open world. Open world which is -VERY OVERDUE- for an update.
    Cata was hated a lot and still is to this day. You talking about you going about your alts is what you do and Blizzard can't spend all their resources doing the open world and...then thats it.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah nah nah nah nah. That's designed to fly, in fact that necessitates flight.

    But being designed for flight? That requires making a zone where not only is flight useful, but also flight isn't just a mindless cycle of "get quest, mount, fly, land, kill 10 bears, mount, fly back, turn in..."
    You're basically saying yes, it's designed for flight, but it doesn't meet your subjective criterias for how enjoyable/well designed it is. It doesn't discount the fact they were designed for it. I for one liked those zones, and that was uninhibited by flight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •