5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I've got a feeling 9.0 will be profession focused, thinking we'll finally get a thorough profession rework.
    Professions should become their own form of end-game content kind of like how dungeons are their own form of end-game content and same for pet battles (in a sense with the pet dungeons and collections etc).

Give people more avenues to spend their time at "end-game" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Additional curious art: New PTR background on Battle.net

Anyone's guess if this is tied to BFA, Classic, 9.0, or something else entirely so here y'all go.

https://i.imgur.com/10yK7uD.png
    (credit to Marlmin)
    This is very likely just the new background for the base game, and also PTR. edit: yep, it's shown for my second licence without BfA, as well as the 2 Starter Editions I somehow have (EU and US)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-09-07 at 08:38 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd take it. So long as there's no Garnisson again.
    No problem with Garrisons if we also get a raid and a dungeon every patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    why can't we have a decent rogue experience for 9.0 Warcraft? currant rogue is too awful people should fear rogues not plow over them.
    PvP balance and raiding meta. No class is allowed to be more scary than the others. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    Yeah, that sounds really silly. I also agree with you about an old world revamp, the game needs it.
    No, the game merely wants it, but last time they did it it was largely wasted development. Unless they can come up with a way to make the old world relevant in current content, then i dont see any reason to not leave it in the past.
    Not crapping on the idea, i actually want a revamp, but i want to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if that leak with worgen knight while human/scary while worgen is real. Blizzard delayed the race questline and armor until 8.3 so Blizzcon is still a surprise.
    What is worgen knight leak?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1170103997891563520
    WoW_Rebrand?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What is worgen knight leak?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1170103997891563520
    WoW_Rebrand?
    From my vague recollection the Worgen knight thing was from a leak where the poster claimed that the Worgen heritage armor would be knight inspired, and it would have 2 different version based on which form you were in. Normal looking knight for Human form and torn up and horror inspired for Worgen. (Might be some errors in my memory though.)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Orcs VS Humans changes into Orcs VS Humans who turn into buff super wolves. I'd say that is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From my vague recollection the Worgen knight thing was from a leak where the poster claimed that the Worgen heritage armor would be knight inspired, and it would have 2 different version based on which form you were in. Normal looking knight for Human form and torn up and horror inspired for Worgen. (Might be some errors in my memory though.)
    That would be cool. Gilneas needs more love. My second fav place after Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Orcs VS Humans changes into Orcs VS Humans who turn into buff super wolves. I'd say that is a step in the right direction.

That would be cool. Gilneas needs more love. My second fav place after Pandaria.
    I love the Worgen and Gilneas so much. Part of my reasoning for wanting a world revamp is just to make it more likely we can have Gilneas city as a capital. Would be amazing, and would give an actual reason to go back there, and also potentially for Blizz to fill the area with some NPCs so it is not quite as barren.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I love the Worgen and Gilneas so much. Part of my reasoning for wanting a world revamp is just to make it more likely we can have Gilneas city as a capital. Would be amazing, and would give an actual reason to go back there, and also potentially for Blizz to fill the area with some NPCs so it is not quite as barren.
    And to continue the story. Both the Worgen curse and Gilneas as a nation have a cool story. And now they are connected.

Well.. the massive success of the classic reboot makes blizzard want to try to get as many players who returned to classic to retail as possible. Which means, retail will likely to be recatered to the current classic crowd. Which means, people who like to play WoW retail casually, will have a bad time in the upcoming expansion.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    If they really do a 'Sylvanas was Azeroth's true hero' all along twist there's going to be an apocalypse across the boards.
    I would be happy.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Well.. the massive success of the classic reboot makes blizzard want to try to get as many players who returned to classic to retail as possible. Which means, retail will likely to be recatered to the current classic crowd. Which means, people who like to play WoW retail casually, will have a bad time in the upcoming expansion.
    Good news, this is the 9.0 thread and not the 10.0 thread.

All the 9.0 features have been set in stone for a while now, and Blizz is likely Blizzcon-ready at this point. (meaning go look at the state expansions were in last Blizzcon and that's about where we are now).

Anything influenced by August 2019 isn't gonna be seen until 9.1 EARLIEST, given prior expansion trends probably not until 9.2 or later.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Good news, this is the 9.0 thread and not the 10.0 thread.
    When it fits their bias, the devs can be very fast. Only things they do not lilke to implement take them years.

3+ Year Old Account
    When it fits their bias, the devs can be very fast. Only things they do not lilke to implement take them years.
    Well, look at it this way. If there is classic for the classic crowd, they can move further away with retail. No point in keeping two similar games. This is their chance to maintain two different kinds of MMORPG-s. They will play the same sub after all.

Well, look at it this way. If there is classic for the classic crowd, they can move further away with retail. No point in keeping two similar games. This is their chance to maintain two different kinds of MMORPG-s. They will play the same sub after all.
    Well, but blizzard is going to want to move the classic players onto their marketplace. And they cannot sell mounts or pets for classic, or they would break the authenticity. So what would you do to get the classic players to play retail?

Yea, can't see them going down the classic road with retail either. The danger of alienating players that like retail would be too big. Perhaps with things like talent trees, but they won't delete LFR or make harder heroic dungeons and stuff. That would drive a lot of players from the game in the long run.

This logic doesn't work. Why would they make retail more like classic when classic is already there and people are paying for it?
    Right now we have classic-lovers who play classic, retail-lovers who play retail and those who like and play both.
    Suppose Blizzard makes retail more classic-like, what happens? They lose a lot of people who like retail. Those who like both lose their options and stop liking WoW as much as they do now. And classic-lovers just spread out between two versions of the game without affecting total sub numbers at all.
    You don't need a degree in marketing to see this.
    If anything Blizzard will make retail even more different than classic abolishing mmo-elements and moving into session-based gameplay. Why? Because they now have classic to catch those people who like mmo experience and abandoning mmo roots lets them go into a new (for WoW) and larger market.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    This logic doesn't work. Why would they make retail more like classic when classic is already there and people are paying for it?
    Due to wanting them to participate in their microtransaction market.

Due to wanting them to participate in their microtransaction market.
    As much as people want to cry about it, MTs are not that big of money-source to make up for sub loss.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    As much as people want to cry about it, MTs are not that big of money-source to make up for sub loss.
    Actually, activision blizzard makes more money with MT than ever before. 2017 they made $4.1bn