Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    im getting confused, did they use the first or the second one? what you are implying they should have used?
    They use the first one, literal age (in years) of a thing

They should have used the second one, which is Age as in a specific time period or era.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-11 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    So this might have already been discussed but I'm a bored so going to throw in some of my own little musing.

So between the fish last blizzcom and slyvannas this blizzcon, Nzoth will be dealt with in 8.3 !and Slyvannas will fight on.

So my reckoning
    - Slyvannas will no longer be warcheif after being ousted
    - Helya will return in a big way. It'll be revealed that slyvannas has carried part of her soul (or something) in exchange for the lamp. Between that and the klavdir hoarding Azerite she will be reborn.
    - Slyvannas will be help but later regret at she again becomes a pawn to an undead leader
    - lots of death stuff and vykrul lore.
    - Bloodwake will appear
    So we're just going to overlook this?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yes.

What's exactly interesting about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Overlook what?

Yes. Sylvanas will almost certainly not be warchief by the end of the expansion.
    We already know Helya is not dead ("You cannot kill death."), and that she is growing in power.
    We already know Sylvanas does shady shit constantly and that whatever gambit she's trying to pull with the dagger will probably backfire.
    We already know there's a shit ton of death stuff going on in the background that is going to be important soon.
    If we're every someplace with more kvaldir/vrykul, the Bloodwake is a likely group to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Overlook what?

Yes. Sylvanas will almost certainly not be warchief by the end of the expansion.
    We already know Helya is not dead ("You cannot kill death."), and that she is growing in power.
    We already know Sylvanas does shady shit constantly and that whatever gambit she's trying to pull with the dagger will probably backfire.
    We already know there's a shit ton of death stuff going on in the background that is going to be important soon.
    If we're every someplace with more kvaldir/vrykul, the Bloodwake is a likely group to be used.
    I was not trying to sell my rambling as a "leak" I was just bored.

So if this stuff has been discussed 70+ pages on the thread then I ain't gonna complain it gets ignored

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I was not trying to sell my rambling as a "leak" I was just bored.
    Still better than most leaks, lol.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is to hoping we get a world revamp. I just want WoW to be good again

5+ Year Old Account
    They use the first one, literal age (in years) of a thing

They should have used the second one, which is Age as in a specific time period or era.
    Nice find. But that still leaves us with 3 scenarios.

1. Blizzard messed up the translation
    2. The leaker made the chinese logo from scratch just to make the leak more legit.
    3. The whole thing is fake

I'd rather pic this one over Shadowlands but I'm not convinced either is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    2. The leaker made the chinese logo from scratch just to make the leak more legit.
    Literally half of WoW player base is Chinese. I seriously doubt they would make such a mistake in logo. Real leaker faking chinese logo does not sound very convincing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Nice find. But that still leaves us with 3 scenarios.

I'd rather pic this one over Shadowlands but I'm not convinced either is true.
    Blizzard isn't having some dev google the translation. They have a dedicated localization department, probably based in China, whose only job is translating and preparing products for release in that region. Two and three are the same thing, there is no reason for a real leaker to try and increase their own legitimacy with a fake, they already know it's real. The logo is really poor quality in general. Even ignoring the weird border choice, I'd discount it just from these colors:

They are abyssmal.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-12 at 07:30 AM.

It's gonna be really funny when one of those leaks which people are trying to so desperately prove to be fake turns out accurate (as usual) and the nay-saying spergs suddenly go super quiet. All xpacs have been leaked in a similar fashion so far. With that being said, the most likely "true" leak is the first one that came out, the developer from the art team "AMA". I don't think either Age of Awakening or Shadowlands are actually true, -BUT- they COULD be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    It's gonna be really funny when one of those leaks which people are trying to so desperately prove to be fake turns out accurate (as usual) and the nay-saying spergs suddenly go super quiet.
    Yeah but we can't say which of the dozens of "leaks" is a real one, or if there's a real one at all.

"One of them could be real" is a far, far cry from actual proof, and frankly, it's disgusting to use the rhetoric of a conspiracy theorist.

It's gonna be really funny when one of those leaks which people are trying to so desperately prove to be fake turns out accurate (as usual) and the nay-saying spergs suddenly go super quiet. All xpacs have been leaked in a similar fashion so far. With that being said, the most likely "true" leak is the first one that came out, the developer from the art team "AMA". I don't think either Age of Awakening or Shadowlands are actually true, -BUT- they COULD be.
    but they were usually leaked on blizzcon day or the day before, not month in advance. And usuallly rather minimalistic and not elaborate leaks with explanations of everything, including maps and whatnot

No expansion has ever been leaked in a shitty sideways phone picture of a bad logo, though. I think Shadowlands is entirely possible. I also think it's story is shaky, the entire timing on the last fight somehow leaving characters trapped in the Shadowlands is nonsense, the map looks like what a fan would make to try and impress people on a forum, not like what an actual concept map looks like, the logo is badly composed and too close to Legion's and the screenshot is a clear fake.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-12 at 10:30 AM.

How is this a lot of work? Do people not know how easy it is to just copy paste things onto a frame and change the color in photoshop?

Also the Chinese logo's subtitle is literally just google translated exactly as is from English to Chinese.

It uses what I can only assume is the wrong "age". 年齡 literally means "age of a thing", so your age, or a rock's age, or the planet's age.
    When it should probably be using 時代 which is the age we are talking about, like age of empires, see:

*眾旅遊時代 / *众旅游时代 ― dàzhòng lǚyóu shídài ― age of mass tourism
    一個時代的產物 / 一个时代的产物 ― yīge shídài de chǎnwù ― a product of an era
    時代氣息 / 时代气息 ― shídài qìxī ― spirit of the times
    禮樂時代 / 礼乐时代 ― lǐyuè shídài ― age of rites and music (i.e. the Zhou dynasty, especially Western Zhou)
    It's still a lot of work for a fake:

They used the correct fonts, they altered the frame and the background with things that Blizzard could have used, nothing screams "hey, this is clearly fake"...

It's not work in the sense of hard to photoshop, but in the sense of they did they homework studying previous logos, and not something that a 13y.o. would do in 5min. but someone with a minimum knowledge on art design.

The circles used in that logo are still intriguing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    He's still not wrong about it. Patch logos don't usually have World of Warcraft in them. Expansion logos do.

It looks like the only Patch ones that did were legions Shadows of Argus and Tomb of Sargeras but even there the "World of Warcraft" was much more understated almost like "World of Warcraft" was the subtitle for the patch instead of the other way around.
    Yeah, I posted it just to reinforce his point.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It's not like we haven't seen well-done fakes before. Didn't someone on here knock up a couple of full webpages before?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

They used the correct fonts, they altered the frame and the background with things that Blizzard could have used, nothing screams "hey, this is clearly fake"...

It's not work in the sense of hard to photoshop, but in the sense of they did they homework studying previous logos, and not something that a 13y.o. would do in 5min. but someone with a minimum knowledge on art design.
    The logo certainly requires work but nearly as much as you think. It is probably a couple of hours for a person who knows their photoshop. We already had a bunch of "leaks" that required similar time investment.

I was actually thinking about what I would try to use as a proof of my leak (assuming I am a real leaker not fake one). And an obvious thing is in-game screenshot/photo of a completely new location. Why? Because those are very easy to make, do not compromise my identity and, if I make a bunch of them with different perspectives, are pretty hard to fake. Stuff like photo from internal presentation is an immediate no-go because they narrow suspect circle too much. Different raw assets are also rather dangerous to leak.
    Just imagine seeing a couple of screenshots of, I dunno, Nighthold or Broken shore sometime before Legion announcement.

7+ Year Old Account

Or if it is fake, whoever did it just looked at previous fake logo leaks to take care of the main debunk points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    The logo certainly requires work but nearly as much as you think. It is probably a couple of hours for a person who knows their photoshop. We already had a bunch of "leaks" that required similar time investment.

I was actually thinking about what I would try to use as a proof of my leak (assuming I am a real leaker not fake one). And an obvious thing is in-game screenshot/photo of a completely new location. Why? Because those are very easy to make, do not compromise my identity and, if I make a bunch of them with different perspectives, are pretty hard to fake. Stuff like photo from internal presentation is an immediate no-go because they narrow suspect circle too much. Different raw assets are also rather dangerous to leak.
    Just imagine seeing a couple of screenshots of, I dunno, Nighthold or Broken shore sometime before Legion announcement.
    Thing is, a real leak would not try to do much to reinforce their leak since they would compromise themselves more.
    It is possible that two logo leaks for an expansion happened days (hours?) apart but unlikely.

Also, screenshots of new locations are not solid proof. Since there is a whole branch of the wow modding community dedicated to changing/making new ingame locations, even with custom models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I would like to see [place holder] but why does it matter when game design is already set in stone and players do not participate in it and they won't change their vision of the game? What's the point of this? To fantasize? That is not how hyping works.

Title should be "Lets fantasize what we can get in World of WarCraft".
    IMO main reason is to prevent countless threads popping up for every single leak that happens or a wish player has and to move the discussions to a centralized location while waiting for an expansion announcement. And so other people on the forum know where they can catch up on the newest info instead of browsing countless threads (possible leaks, datamined info, trademarks).

And until it hits closed alpha testing for the community, I think no system is set in stone (heck, a lot of expansions had systems shown in the announcement that were removed before testing started).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread